“This recipe has been tried and tested by my family. I’ve been making this for a very long time. The recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. In this recipe, you may substitute flank steak for the round steak.”You can save your money on this fee if you close a company before they issue.
Serving Size : 4
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot — grated
- 2 small zucchini — sliced thin
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese — grated
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce (Healthy Choice)
- Pound round steak until very thin.
- Rub olive oil into steak. Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt and pepper.
- Layer carrots, zucchini, and cheese down the center of the steak lengthwise.
- Roll up steak from the long side. Tie together with four pieces of string. Use a meat rack if you have one that will fit.
- Place meat in slow cooker and cover with spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on Low 7-9 hours (High 3-4 hours).
Vegetable Stuffed Round Steak - FAQs
Bottom Round cuts are often used to make roasts and are often used for your traditional roasts for Sunday dinners. They are also used to make ground beef and deli meat. Eye of Round is a bit tougher than bottom and top round cuts, and is best sliced up thin for sandwiches.
Some cooks like to marinade round steak with an acid-based sauce, as this tends to help break down the meat fibers and make them tender. Cooking round steak should be done on low heat, and a slow cooker is ideal for doing so. Using a meat mallet is one way of tenderizing round steak.
The best way to cook bottom round steak is to cook it on one side on this medium heat for around three minutes. At this point it should be nicely browned. Now simply turn it and cook for another three minutes.
- Rare to medium: Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Medium-rare to medium: Cook the steak for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Medium to well-done: Cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Trim beef; cut into two portions and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. …
- In the drippings, saute the celery, carrot and onion for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. …
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and roast in a preheated 350º oven for about 3 hrs until the meat is fork-tender. It could take longer than 3 hours to become fork-tender, it just depends on how thick the roasts are to begin with.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.