- 1 ten ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup rehydrated, chopped sun-dried tomatoes or chopped and drained water chestnuts crackers and or cut-up assorted fresh vegetables for serving a few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- In a one quart mini electric slow cooker, mix together spinach and cream cheese. Stir in the scallions and garlic pepper.
- Cover, plug in the cooker and cook for 2 hours, stirring once or twice until very hot.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese for the top. Stir in the remaining cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top. Crackers and or vegetables for dipping.
Crock Pot Cooking Tips:
Tip #1: Add water to crock pot only to cover ingredients in soup, and add more after slow cooking if you need a thinner soup. If your soup recipe calls for milk, add 1 or 2 cups of water and during the last hour, stir in milk, evaporated milk.
Tip #2: Fish and seafood are not usually good candidates for the slow cooker, and should be added late in any recipe for soup or chowder.
Tip #3: Ground herbs and spices tend to lose flavor during slow cooking. Add them to the crock pot during the last hour of cooking. Whole herbs are a good choice for crockery cooking because they add flavor over time.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.