Instant Pot Easter Ham is a delicious and easy way to cook a ham for your Easter celebration using the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. The Instant Pot is a versatile kitchen appliance that can save you time and effort when cooking, and it’s particularly useful for cooking large cuts of meat like ham.
To make Instant Pot Easter Ham, you’ll need a fully cooked ham, some water or broth, and any additional seasonings or glazes you’d like to use. You’ll also need an Instant Pot with a trivet or rack to hold the ham above the liquid.
Cooking a ham in the Instant Pot allows it to cook quickly and evenly, while also keeping it moist and flavorful. Plus, you can use the leftover ham for sandwiches or other dishes throughout the week.
Overall, Instant Pot Easter Ham is a convenient and delicious way to prepare a ham for your Easter celebration.
What does Instant Pot Easter Ham taste like?
Instant Pot Easter Ham typically has a delicious and savory flavor, with a tender and moist texture. The flavor will vary depending on the type of ham you use and the seasonings or glaze you add.
If you use a pre-cooked ham, the Instant Pot will help to infuse the ham with the flavors of any additional seasonings or glazes you use, while also keeping the ham moist and juicy. Some common seasonings and glazes for Easter ham include honey, mustard, brown sugar, pineapple, and cloves.
Overall, Instant Pot Easter Ham is a crowd-pleasing dish that is sure to be a hit at your Easter celebration. The pressure cooking method helps to seal in the flavors and juices, resulting in a ham that is both flavorful and tender.
Which kinds of ham can you use for Instant Pot Easter Ham?
You can use various types of ham for Instant Pot Easter Ham, but it’s important to note that you should always use a fully cooked ham since the Instant Pot doesn’t cook raw meat.
Here are some of the most common types of ham you can use:
- Spiral-cut ham: This type of ham is already sliced, making it easy to serve, and often comes with a glaze packet for added flavor.
- Bone-in ham: A bone-in ham is a whole ham that still has the bone in it. The bone can help to add flavor and moisture to the meat.
- Boneless ham: This type of ham has had the bone removed, making it easier to carve and serve.
- Pre-sliced ham: This type of ham is typically used for sandwiches or cold cuts, but can be used in the Instant Pot for a quick and easy meal.
It’s also important to consider the size of the ham when using the Instant Pot. Make sure the ham fits comfortably inside the pot with some room to spare. If the ham is too large, you may need to cut it in half or use a different cooking method.
Why should you cook Easter Ham in Instant Pot?
Cooking Easter Ham in the Instant Pot has several advantages:
- Faster cooking time: The Instant Pot uses pressure cooking, which means it can cook food much faster than traditional methods. This can be especially helpful when cooking a large ham, which can take several hours in the oven.
- More consistent cooking: The Instant Pot applies pressure evenly throughout the cooking process, which can help to ensure that the ham is cooked evenly and stays moist and tender.
- No need to monitor the ham: Once you add the ham and liquid to the Instant Pot, you can set it and forget it. You don’t need to check on the ham or baste it like you would in the oven.
- Saves oven space: If you’re cooking other dishes for Easter dinner, using the Instant Pot for the ham can free up valuable oven space.
- Versatility: The Instant Pot can be used for a variety of cooking methods, so you can also use it to cook sides or desserts while the ham is cooking.
Overall, cooking Easter Ham in the Instant Pot is a convenient and easy way to prepare a delicious and moist ham for your Easter celebration.
How to cook Easter Ham in Instant Pot
Here’s a basic recipe for cooking Easter Ham in the Instant Pot:
- 1 fully cooked ham (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 cup water or broth
- Optional: Seasonings or glaze (such as honey, mustard, brown sugar, pineapple, cloves)
- Remove the ham from its packaging and place it on a cutting board. If the ham has a skin or rind, score it in a diamond pattern.
- Place the trivet or rack in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water or broth to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the ham on the trivet or rack, making sure it’s not touching the bottom of the pot.
- Optional: Add any seasonings or glaze to the ham.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual mode and cook on high pressure for 10-15 minutes per pound of ham. For example, if you have a 5-pound ham, cook it for 50-75 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the ham from the Instant Pot using tongs or a large spoon.
- Let the ham rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.
Note: The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the ham and the specific Instant Pot model. Always refer to the Instant Pot manual for specific instructions and safety precautions. Also, be sure to check the internal temperature of the ham with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached a safe temperature of 145°F before serving.
What can Instant Pot Easter Ham used for?
Instant Pot Easter Ham is a versatile dish that can be used in a variety of ways:
- As the main dish: Easter Ham is traditionally served as the main dish for Easter dinner. Instant Pot Easter Ham is a convenient and easy way to prepare a delicious ham for your holiday celebration.
- Leftovers: Leftover ham can be used in sandwiches, salads, omelets, quiches, and more. Instant Pot Easter Ham provides plenty of leftovers that you can use for quick and easy meals throughout the week.
- Soups and stews: Ham can be added to soups and stews for extra flavor and protein. Instant Pot Easter Ham can be used in a variety of soups and stews, such as split pea soup or ham and bean soup.
- Appetizers: Small pieces of ham can be used in appetizers, such as deviled eggs or ham and cheese sliders. Instant Pot Easter Ham can be sliced or diced for easy use in these types of dishes.
- Freezing: If you have leftover ham that you can’t use right away, you can freeze it for later use. Instant Pot Easter Ham can be frozen in individual portions for quick and easy meals later on.
Overall, Instant Pot Easter Ham is a versatile dish that can be used in a variety of ways to make delicious meals throughout the week.
How long does it take to cook Easter Ham in Instant Pot?
The cooking time for Easter Ham in the Instant Pot will vary depending on the size of the ham and the specific Instant Pot model being used. As a general guideline, you should cook the ham for 10-15 minutes per pound of meat on high pressure.
For example, if you have a 5-pound ham, you should cook it for 50-75 minutes in the Instant Pot. It’s important to note that the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure and release pressure will also add to the overall cooking time.
After the cooking time is up, you should allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure. This will help to prevent the ham from becoming tough or dry.
It’s always a good idea to refer to the specific Instant Pot manual for cooking times and instructions, as cooking times may vary depending on the model and type of ham being used. Additionally, you should use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the ham reaches a safe temperature of 145°F before serving.
Tips for cooking Easter Ham in Instant Pot
Here are some tips for cooking Easter Ham in the Instant Pot:
- Choose the right size ham: Make sure the ham fits comfortably in your Instant Pot. If you have a larger ham, you may need to trim it down or use a larger Instant Pot.
- Score the ham: Scoring the ham by making shallow cuts in the surface can help the glaze penetrate the meat and make for a more flavorful dish.
- Use a trivet or rack: Using a trivet or rack in the Instant Pot will help keep the ham out of the cooking liquid and prevent it from becoming soggy.
- Add flavorings: You can add flavor to your Easter Ham by using a glaze or seasoning. Honey, mustard, brown sugar, pineapple, and cloves are popular options.
- Let it rest: After cooking, let the ham rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and prevent the meat from drying out.
- Check the internal temperature: Make sure the internal temperature of the ham reaches 145°F before serving to ensure that it’s safe to eat.
- Use natural release: Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure. This will help keep the ham tender and prevent it from becoming tough or dry.
- Serve with sides: Serve your Easter Ham with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a green salad.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Instant Pot Easter Ham is flavorful, juicy, and a hit with your family and guests.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Deep Fryer
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- ice cream maker
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Sandwich maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.