Molasses bread is a flavorful and hearty bread that is made using molasses, a thick syrup that is made from boiled down sugar cane. Molasses bread has a rich, deep flavor and a dark brown color that comes from the molasses. It is also a healthy bread option because molasses contains several minerals, including iron, calcium, and magnesium. Making molasses bread in a bread machine is a convenient and easy way to enjoy this delicious bread at home.
What does Molasses bread taste like?
Molasses bread has a distinctive, slightly sweet flavor that comes from the molasses. It also has a hearty, slightly dense texture that is perfect for sandwiches or toasting. The molasses gives the bread a dark brown color, and it pairs well with a variety of toppings, such as butter, jam, or even savory spreads.
Which kinds of Molasses bread can you make in bread machine?
There are many variations of molasses bread that can be made in a bread machine. Here are some examples:
- Plain Molasses Bread: This is a simple recipe that uses just molasses, flour, yeast, salt, and water.
- Molasses Rye Bread: This recipe combines the sweetness of molasses with the nutty flavor of rye flour for a delicious and hearty bread.
- Molasses Wheat Bread: This recipe uses whole wheat flour and molasses for a healthier version of molasses bread.
- Molasses Oat Bread: This recipe combines the sweetness of molasses with the nuttiness of oats for a delicious and nutritious bread.
- Molasses Cinnamon Bread: This recipe adds cinnamon to the mix for a sweet and spicy twist on traditional molasses bread.
Why should you make Molasses bread in bread machine?
There are several reasons why making molasses bread in a bread machine is a good idea:
- Convenience: Using a bread machine to make molasses bread is very convenient. The machine does all the work for you, from mixing the ingredients to kneading the dough and baking the bread.
- Consistency: Bread machines produce consistent results every time, which means you can count on your molasses bread turning out perfectly every time you make it.
- Time-saving: Making bread by hand can be time-consuming and labor-intensive, but a bread machine allows you to set it and forget it, freeing up your time for other things.
- Health benefits: Molasses is a nutritious sweetener that contains vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium. Using molasses in your bread recipe can increase its nutritional value.
- Taste and texture: Molasses bread has a distinct flavor and texture that is hard to replicate with other bread recipes. The bread machine allows you to get the perfect texture and flavor every time you make it.
How to make Molasses bread in bread machine
Here’s a recipe for making Molasses bread in a bread machine:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups bread flour
- Add the warm water, molasses, and vegetable oil to the bread machine pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yeast, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and 2 cups of bread flour.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bread machine pan and set the machine to the dough setting.
- Once the dough is finished, remove it from the bread machine pan and place it on a floured surface. Knead the dough a few times and shape it into a loaf.
- Place the loaf in a greased loaf pan, cover it with a clean towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your freshly baked Molasses bread!
Note: If your bread machine doesn’t have a dough setting, you can use the basic bread setting instead and then transfer the dough to a greased loaf pan and let it rise before baking in the oven.
What can Molasses bread be used for?
Molasses bread can be used for various purposes. It is a great choice for breakfast when toasted and served with butter or jam. It can also be served as a side to soups, stews, or chili. Some people also enjoy using molasses bread for sandwiches, especially with ingredients like roasted turkey or ham. Additionally, molasses bread can be used to make French toast, bread pudding, or other sweet treats.
How long does it take to make Molasses bread in bread machine?
The exact time it takes to make molasses bread in a bread machine can vary based on the specific recipe and machine used. However, on average, it takes around 3 to 3.5 hours for a bread machine to complete the dough cycle and baking cycle for a molasses bread recipe.
Tips for making Molasses bread in bread machine
Here are some tips for making molasses bread in a bread machine:
- Measure ingredients accurately: Accurate measurement of ingredients is essential for making perfect molasses bread. Use a digital scale to measure ingredients in grams or ounces.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Use high-quality ingredients, such as good quality molasses, flour, and yeast, to get the best results.
- Add ingredients in the correct order: Add ingredients to the bread machine in the order specified in the recipe. Typically, liquid ingredients should be added first, followed by dry ingredients, and finally yeast.
- Check the dough consistency: Monitor the dough consistency during the kneading cycle. The dough should be soft and elastic but not too sticky. If the dough is too dry, add a tablespoon of water. If it’s too wet, add a tablespoon of flour.
- Add mix-ins at the right time: If you’re adding mix-ins like nuts or seeds, add them during the last 5-10 minutes of the kneading cycle.
- Use the correct setting: Use the “dough” setting on your bread machine to prepare the dough. Once the dough is ready, remove it from the machine, shape it, and let it rise.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to the correct temperature before baking the bread. This ensures that the bread is evenly baked.
- Use a baking stone: For an authentic crusty molasses bread, use a baking stone to bake the bread. Place the stone in the oven while it’s preheating, and then slide the risen dough onto the hot stone.
- Allow the bread to cool: Allow the bread to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Slicing the bread while it’s still hot can cause it to become gummy.
- All Post
- Bread Maker Machine
Gluten-free sourdough bread is a popular option for people who have gluten intolerance or celiac disease. It is a healthier…
Gluten-free pizza dough made in a bread machine is a great option for those who are gluten intolerant or have…
Gluten-free bread maker recipes are designed for people who have gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder…
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.