This Slow Cooker Italian Turkey is ideal for lovers of Italian cuisine! All the elements of traditional turkey chili with an Italian twist. It’s a simple meal that the whole family will enjoy!
- 2 bone-in turkey thighs, skin removed
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian-style herbs, undrained
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups zucchini, sliced
- Place turkey thighs in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Mix tomatoes, tomato paste and garlic in small bowl. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Increase heat on slow cooker to HIGH. Stir zucchini into tomato mixture. Cover and cook about 20 minutes longer until zucchini is tender.
- Remove bones from turkey. Stir de-boned turkey and tomato zucchini mixture together before serving.
- 25 minutes before serving, cook couscous in water as directed on package. Serve over couscous.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.