Tomato soup is a classic comfort food that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Using an immersion blender to make tomato soup is a quick and convenient way to create a creamy and delicious soup with minimal effort.
Immersion blenders are great for blending hot liquids directly in the pot, which eliminates the need to transfer the soup to a separate blender. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can create a flavorful and healthy tomato soup that is perfect for any meal.
Why should you use an immersion blender for making tomato soup?
An immersion blender is an excellent tool for making tomato soup for several reasons:
- Convenience: Using an immersion blender allows you to blend the soup directly in the pot, eliminating the need to transfer the hot soup to a separate blender. This saves time and reduces the risk of spills or accidents.
- Control: An immersion blender gives you more control over the texture of the soup. You can blend the soup to your desired consistency, whether you prefer a smooth and creamy soup or a chunky and hearty one.
- Easy to clean: Immersion blenders are easy to clean, as they can be rinsed under running water and wiped clean with a cloth. This makes cleanup quick and hassle-free.
- Versatility: An immersion blender can be used for other tasks, such as making smoothies, pureeing baby food, or whipping cream. This makes it a versatile tool to have in the kitchen.
Overall, an immersion blender is a great tool for making tomato soup, as it allows you to create a delicious and nutritious soup with minimal effort and maximum control over the texture.
How to make tomato soup with immersion blender
Here’s a recipe for making tomato soup with an immersion blender:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heavy cream (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the canned tomatoes (with their juices) to the pot, along with the vegetable broth, tomato paste, dried basil, and dried oregano. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, until the flavors have melded together and the tomatoes have broken down.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup cool for a few minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Be careful when blending the hot liquid to avoid splatters.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add a splash of heavy cream to make the soup extra creamy and smooth.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as croutons, grated Parmesan cheese, or fresh herbs.
Using an immersion blender makes it easy to blend the soup directly in the pot, resulting in a smooth and creamy texture with minimal effort. This recipe is simple, healthy, and perfect for a cozy night in or a quick lunchtime meal.
Tips for making tomato soup with immersion blender
Here are some tips for making tomato soup with an immersion blender:
- Use high-quality ingredients: The flavor of your tomato soup will largely depend on the quality of your ingredients, so use fresh and ripe tomatoes, high-quality vegetable broth, and fresh herbs for the best results.
- Let the soup cool slightly: Before blending the soup with the immersion blender, let it cool for a few minutes to avoid any accidents or splatters.
- Blend in batches: If you’re making a large batch of soup, blend it in batches to avoid overfilling the pot and spilling hot soup.
- Control the consistency: Use the immersion blender to control the consistency of your tomato soup. If you prefer a smooth and creamy soup, blend it until it’s completely smooth. If you prefer a chunkier soup, blend it for a shorter amount of time, or leave some chunks of tomato and vegetables in the soup.
- Add cream for a richer texture: If you want a creamier and richer tomato soup, add a splash of heavy cream or coconut cream before blending with the immersion blender.
- Season to taste: Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed. Salt and pepper are essential, but you can also add other seasonings such as red pepper flakes, paprika, or fresh herbs for extra flavor.
- Serve with toppings: Tomato soup is delicious on its own, but it’s even better with some toppings. Serve it with croutons, grated Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil to make it extra special.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and flavorful tomato soup using an immersion blender. Enjoy!
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
Making vegan soup with an immersion blender is a great way to create a healthy, flavorful, and nutrient-rich meal. Immersion…
Mayonnaise is a classic condiment that can be used in a wide variety of dishes, from sandwiches to salads. While…
The use of a heating system is essential for the preparation of hot liquid diets like steaming soups. Boilers, steamers,…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.