Quick and Easy Air Fried meatballs that the insides stay nice and tender while the outsides get a slight crisp on them. They’re full of amazing flavor and can be made in the Air Fryer in less than 15 minutes.
How To Make Air Fryer Meatballs
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and use hands to mix until combined.
- You could use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to get 16 meatballs with perfectly-sized.
- Place meatballs in a single layer in the air fryer making sure the meatballs don’t touch.
- Place the basket in air fryer and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes. Shake the basket and cook 2 minutes more or until browned and the center of the meatball reaches 165°F.
- Let meatballs rest a few minutes before serving.
- Air Fryers can vary slightly, check your meatballs a couple of minutes early to ensure they don’t overcook. The meatballs should be 165°F in the center.
- Making sure the meatballs separated and are not on top of each other to get that nice crisp on the outside.
- Use the ice cream scoop to get all meatballs with perfectly-sized.
How Long Do You Cook Meatballs In The Air Fryer?
- Air fryer for 10 minutes at 400°F. Shake the basket and cook 2 minutes more or until browned and the center of the meatball reaches 165°F.
Storing Leftover Meatballs
Keep leftover meatballs in an airtight container or a zippered bag in the fridge for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to a month.
Why Should Use An Air Fryer For Meatballs?
- After cooking meatballs in the air fryer, I will never bake them in the oven again. The insides stay nice and tender while the outsides get a slight crisp on them.
- Your cooking becomes faster and more efficient with an air fryer. Thanks to the hot circulating air. No need to pre-heat, within minutes you can have your easy meal.
- Flexible and All-In-One kitchen appliances: you can use it to make a diverse variety of foods, such as fry, roast, bake, grill, broil, and stir fry…all in one, in some models. This handy gadget can make pretty much everything, from appetizers to main dishes—and even desserts.
- Healthier meals without sacrificing taste: Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying requires just a tablespoon of oil, you can still get a similar texture without all the grease, calories and cook healthier food.
- There’s little clean-up and less splattering of oil while cooking.
- Air Filter: Some air fryers are built with an integrated air filter so your home won’t smell like the deep fat fryer for hours afterward. You can now enjoy your fresh kitchen smell before, during, and after using your air fryer.
- Heating leftovers: the air fryer is perfect for reheating foods to get a crispy texture such as pizza, chicken tenders, or anything that could use quick crisp without turning on the big oven.
- When you’re ready to cook the meatballs from frozen, just place them directly in the Air Fryer basket. You’ll need to increase the cook time by a few minutes. I cook frozen meatballs for 14-15 minutes on 400°F.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
I used the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL AF161 for this recipe. A family-sized 5.5-qt basket lets you cook bigger meals to enjoy with the entire family. Max Crisp Technology blows super-hot air to cook foods instantly for hotter, crispier results. Indulge in guilt-free deep-fried favorites of your choice.
When we test and assess the ease on use and performance by air frying frozen/ fresh French Fries and chicken wings. We are fascinated with a crisp outside and browning as well as the soft, moist results on the inside. These are the best air fryers you can buy right now:
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
One of the biggest factors when choosing to buy an air fryer is the size and capacity of an air fryer. The perfect air fryer is not only big enough to cook for the whole family but also small to fit in your kitchen. Use this chart as a guide:
1.5 to 2.5 liter
Snacks, sides and mains
3.0 to 6.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains and complete meals
6.5 to 12.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains, complete meals, whole chickens and batch cooking
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and use hands to mix until combined.
You could use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to get 16 meatballs with perfectly-sized.
Place meatballs in a single layer in the air fryer making sure the meatballs don’t touch.
Place basket in Air Fryer and cook on 400°F for 10 minutes. Shake the basket and cook 2 minutes more or until browned and the center of the meatball reaches 165°F.
Rest 3 minutes before serving.