A blender is a kitchen appliance used to blend ingredients. They come in all shapes and sizes, with some being more powerful than others.
If you’re looking for a blender that can handle more than just the average smoothie, then you may want to consider one that’s compatible with Mason jars. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the best blenders for the job and highlight some of their features.
We’ll also provide a few tips on how to get the most out of your Mason jar blender. So, if you’re ready to upgrade your kitchen appliances, keep reading!
Our Top Picks
Blender Design with Mason Jars
Recognize that many modern blenders have a different design that prevents the use of mason jars. Modern blenders, particularly personal blenders, utilize a locking mechanism to indicate to the blender that the cup is secured correctly.
Oster blenders have historically been compatible with narrow mason jars, but not all Oster models are consistent as their designs evolve. For instance, Oster Pro blenders are incompatible with Mason jars.
Also, high-speed blenders such as Blendtec and Vitamix are incompatible with these blenders. Later in this article, I list the other blender brands that are incompatible with mason jars, but let’s first discuss blenders that ARE COMPATIBLE with mason jars.
Note: There are numerous blenders on the market, but I could not find a comprehensive list of blenders compatible with Mason Jars, so I compiled this post. This post will be updated as I discover new models that fit, but if you know of any that I missed, please leave a comment, and I will add them.
Why would I want a blender that is compatible with Mason Jars?
A blender is an excellent way to make your smoothies portable. Mason jars are popular, strong, and durable. Blending your ingredients in a jar preserves the structure of the individual pieces of fruit or vegetables you add to the mix, creating a more interesting texture than if you were to blend the ingredients in a bowl first.
Blending mason jar smoothies is quick and easy, and you can bring them with you as you leave your house or workplace. When using a blender, don’t overfill it more than halfway full. If the lid isn’t tight securely enough, it could fly off if the blades spin too quickly.
Cleaning a blender jar usually involves a quick rinse under hot water and a little bit of dish soap, though some models come with features that make the job easier. Just as you would for any other type of glass or stoneware container, make sure you don’t use an abrasive sponge when cleaning your jars. If your jar has a lid, make sure to clean it too.
There are several reasons you might choose to blend your ingredients in mason jars:
- Ease of storage and transportability – This is especially helpful if you already own the blender and just need an additional jar, or if you’re purchasing a single-use appliance just for blending.
- Convenience – Mason jars are convenient to use because they’re already the perfect size for single servings, and they can also be stored in the refrigerator.
- Investment protection – If you invest money into a blender that is compatible with mason jars, you can leave it to your heirs or sell it secondhand. This will provide good value for your money, as opposed to investing in a blender that wasn’t made for mason jars and will likely break down before long.
- Reuse and reduce waste – Mason jars can be reused indefinitely; they’re not like paper cups or plastic bags which are only used once and create unnecessary waste.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Blenders Compatible With Mason Jars
People who do a lot of mason jar salads may want to invest in a blender that is compatible with jars.
However, it can be difficult to choose the best blender for this purpose, as there are several factors to consider. The following is a list of those factors and their importance:
- Ease of use – People who make a lot of mason jar salads don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out how to use the blender or doing complex cleaning afterwards. Therefore, it should not be difficult to assemble the blender and clean it after use.
- Compatibility with lids – The blender should come with a lid that fits securely on any wide-mouth jar, such as those used for mason jars. A standard sized blender may not work, as its blades may interfere when the jar is inserted.
- Safety features – A blender should have safety features to prevent the jar from being inserted too far or accidentally starting on its own.
- Power – If people are making mason jar salads every day, the blender needs to be powerful enough to pulverize tough ingredients like nuts and hard vegetables such as carrots. It should also be able to quickly blend hummus and other dips.
- Reliability – A blender should be made from high quality materials, so it doesn’t break or stop working when used every day. People may have to spend a lot of money to get one, but they will save the expense and inconvenience of buying multiple blenders over time if they can find a very durable product that lasts for years.
- Cleaning – A blender should be easy to clean. If it does not come with dishwasher safe components, the jar and blade should come apart easily so they can be placed in the dishwasher after use.
- Value – The best blender is the one that meets all a person’s needs at a price they can afford. People should be aware that the more powerful and durable a blender is, the more expensive it will typically be. However, they can make sure to get their money’s worth by considering all the factors outlined above before making a purchase.
- Capacity – People who make large batches of mason jar salads may want to choose a blender with a larger capacity, such as a blender that can hold up to 7 cups.
- Regular Price – The regular price of a blender should be within the range people are willing to pay for one. If they must spend more than usual or settle for a lower quality option, this fact will have a negative effect on the value they get from using the blender.
- Current Price – People need to consider whether they will receive a discount when buying the blender. They should look for sales and promotions as well as discounts such as those available through online retailers like Amazon.
- Customer Feedback – Reviews from other people who have used the blender can give an indication of its performance and reliability.
- Availability – Blenders should be easy to find and purchase through local stores, online retailers, and other sellers.
- Warranty – A long warranty that covers all parts of the blender will ensure that people can get replacements when they need them. This is important for a product that is expensive and may break down over time.
The factors outlined will help people choose the best blender for mason jar salads. This product may be expensive to purchase initially, but it should last a long time and provide a good return on their investment.
People can also save money in the long run by investing in a high-quality blender rather than buying several lower quality ones.
However, they should also consider their own needs and preferences when making this purchase to make sure the blender they choose is right for them
Best Blenders Compatible With Mason Jars
Mason jars are a great tool for making fruit and vegetable smoothies, protein shakes, iced beverages, frothy cocktails and more.
The wide-mouth design of a mason jar makes it easy to add ingredients while the threaded metal rings ensure that the glass won’t crack from exposure to extreme temperatures. These make very convenient drinking glasses as well as storage containers.
There are a lot of different blenders on the market that claim to be compatible with mason jars, but do they really work? Here are six blender brands that you can use with a one-quarter mason jar:
1. Tribest PB-350 Mason Jar Personal Portable Blender
Tribest PB-350 Mason Jar Personal Portable Blender White, Large
The Tribest Pb-350 personal blender is not only portable but also compact and ergonomically designed. You will receive one large and one small polycarbonate plastic containers that can be used for blending and grinding in equal measure. Once your ingredients have been processed, you can use these containers to serve or drink.
The great thing about the Tribest Pb-350 personal blender is that you can quickly pulse or blend continuously without needing buttons. To pulse, press down on the container, pressing down and twisting for continuous blending. It’s so simple!
In addition to a powerful hand blender, you will receive three glass jars that can be used as blending jugs, storage containers, or drinking vessels. If you are new to mixing, you can use the included guide, which includes 40 simple recipes for soups, sauces, salsas, dips, porridges, pesto, pates, puddings, and even baby food.
The additional grinder blade can grind seeds, nuts, coffee beans, and even flaxseeds into a fine powder that can be added to other dishes. Additionally, you will receive a high-quality glass mug and a sipping lid for taking your smoothies or juices wherever you please.
Tribest is an award-winning health product manufacturer. Their ingenious design prevents you from touching the blades, the ultimate safety precaution.
After preparing a delicious drink, sauce, or soup with your Tribest Pb-350 personal blender, cleaning it is a breeze because all its parts are dishwasher-safe. Furthermore, you can take your blender anywhere you like, because it is so portable.
- 200-watt Motor
- Strong And Durable
- Time Saving And Convenient
- Easy To Operate
2. Tribest Mason Jar Blender w/ X-Large Cups.
Tribest PB-350XL-A Personal Blender with X-Large Cups, 5 x 5 x 16.25 inches, White
The BPA-Free Mason Jar Personal Blender 350XL has the same time-saving and convenient features as the original Tribest Personal Blender. Still, it uses glass mason jars for blending, serving, and storage. It is compatible with most mason jars with standard-sized mouths, making the possibilities endless.
Now, you can blend, serve, and store your favorite blended recipes in the same glass container with the Tribest Mason Jar Personal Blender single-serving blender and grinder. Taking your favorite beverages on the go has never been easier!
In addition, the Personal Blender 350XL includes two 23oz BPA-Free XL cups, unavailable on any other single-serving blenders on the market.
With the Tribest Mason Jar Personal Blender, you can blend, serve, and store your recipes in the same jar, eliminating waste, mess, and inconvenience.
- 200-watt Motor
- Strong & Durable
- Time Saving & Convenient
- Easy To Operate
3. FRIGIDAIRE ESMM100-CREAM Retro Smoothie Maker Blender with Mason Jar
FRIGIDAIRE ESMM100-CREAM Retro Smoothie Maker Blender with Mason Jar, Perfect for Shakes and Smoothies, 300-Watt, Cream
Most personal blenders have a utilitarian appearance and are ready to be tucked away in a cabinet. Still, this one has a retro design that gives it character, making it suitable for daily use on the countertop. It has a 300-watt motor with two speeds for efficient blending, and an eccentric chrome side lever controls its operation.
It includes a sizeable 20.3-ounce plastic drinking jar, a handle-equipped 16.9-ounce glass mason jar, and two lids. Although a glass mason jar is included, the blender’s threads are incompatible with standard canning jars, so they cannot be used as replacements.
- Compact power: packed in this small blender is a high powered 300 watt/ 23000Rpm motor with two speeds, which will crush and pulverize ice, frozen fruits, and more
- Sleek design: the retro-style, streamlined design of this personal, single serve blender will look great in your kitchen and complement any décor
- Quality: heavy-duty stainless-steel blades easily make creamy smoothies and milkshakes
- Controls: chrome lever to start and stop the machine; multi-function dial
- Flexible: comes with one BPA-free jar and one glass Mason Jar, of 20.3 oz (600ml) and 16.9 oz (500ml)
4. Oster Beehive Blender
Oster 4093-008 6-Cup Glass Jar 2-Speed Beehive Blender, Brushed Stainless
Make It Fresh is equipped with 1000 peak watts and a super-sturdy Crush Pro 4 Blade to efficiently and precisely complete blending tasks. The DURALAST All Metal Drive metal-to-metal connection permits blending up to ten thousand smoothies.
The Oster 4093 Beehive blender is a classic, easy-to-use blender with a great glass pitcher with a 5-cup capacity but also works well with standard mason jars.
This tried-and-true design features a toggle switch with two speeds and 600 watts of blending power. The drivetrain warranty is valid for ten years. The disadvantages of this blender are that it is loud, somewhat expensive for its strength, and lacks blending controls. You may also want to consider the Oster BRLY07, which has the same power but more controls but is more affordable.
The Oster Beehive is an easy-to-use, basic blender with a popular retro design. It is not intended to compete with powerful blenders with greater versatility.
- 2-speed toggle with 600 watts of ice crushing power
- 6-cup dishwasher-safe glass jar is Thermal Shock tested to withstand extreme temperature changes
- Stainless steel Ice Crusher blade for perfectly crushed ice every time
- Oster 10 Year DURALAST All-Metal Drive Limited Warranty for lasting durability
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Dimensions: 15.75″ x 8.25″ x 8″, Cord length: 16″
5. Oster Personal Blender
Oster Personal Blender for Shakes, Smoothies, and Single Serve Portable Cups with 2 20-ounce On-the-Go Spill Proof Cups and Lids, BPA-Free & Dishwasher-Safe, Black
The Oster ActiFit Smoothie Blender was created for on-the-go healthy living! The 700-watt motor can crush ice and blending harsh ingredients. With the straightforward Twist & Blend operation, you can enjoy nutritious fruit and vegetable smoothies on the go, with two 20 oz.
You can prepare a smoothie for yourself and a friend with Impact-resistant, BPA-free, and dishwasher-safe sports bottles. In addition, the spill-proof lids make transporting beverages easier than ever, allowing you to keep up with your busy lifestyle.
You’ll never run out of recipes to create with this personal blender’s All-Metal Drive, which has been tested for up to 10,000 blends. The detachable blade assembly makes cleanup a breeze after blending is complete. With the Oster ActiFit Smoothie Blender, you can enjoy a powerful performance from a machine that works as hard.
- Powerful 700-watt motor effortlessly crushes ice and blends frozen fruits and veggies
- Easy-to-use Twist & Blend operation for nutritious smoothies on the go
- Includes 2 impact-resistant, BPA-free, and dishwasher-safe 20 oz. sports bottles
- All-Metal Drive designed to last for up to 10,000 blends; includes a Limited 10-Year Warranty
- 2 spill-proof spout lids make it easy to take your drinks on the go
- Detachable blade assembly makes cleaning easy
- Includes 2 lip rings, simply screw on over the sport cups to enjoy a smooth surface when drinking directly from it
6. Americana EPB399C by Elite Glass Mason Jar Blender
Americana EPB399C by Elite Glass Mason Jar Blender with 17oz Jar + 20oz. Sports Bottle, Blend Personal Smoothie, Crush Ice, Shakes, Keto Protein, 300 Watts
The Americana Collection by Maxi-Matic Retro Personal Blender allows you to enjoy your preferred shakes, fruit smoothies, and protein drinks. Includes a 16 oz glass mason jar and lid and a 20 oz sports bottle with a drinking lid so you can enjoy your delicious concoctions on the go.
The blender has a 300-watt motor and is simple to store. The convenient pulse lever makes starting and stopping the machine simple. The power indicator illuminates when the blender is ready for use, and the operating light indicates when the machine is running.
- 300 watts
- Includes Two Blending Cups
- One-touch Pulse Switch
- Reusable & Dishwasher Safe
7. Oster 6706 6-Cup 450-Watt
Oster 6706 6-Cup 450-Watt, 10-Speed Blender, Black
The Oster Simple Blend 100 is an entry-level countertop blender with 700 watts of power (450 watts for blending) and push-button controls. It includes a blender pitcher with a capacity of 6 cups and a smoothie container.
It has excellent quality features in this price range, including a metal-drive system and a three-year (ten-year drivetrain) warranty from Oster.
The Oster Simple Blend blender is compatible with Mason jars with standard mouths. The blender is adequate for simple blending tasks. It is very inexpensive and offers a reasonable amount of value for the price.
- Powerful 450-watt motor of ice crushing power with 10 speeds including pulse
- 6 Cup break-resistant plastic jar is BPA free; Oster All Metal Drive for lasting durability
- Removable filler cap for easy and convenient filling and measuring
- Stainless steel “Ice Crusher” blade for perfectly crushed ice every time
- MATERIAL – PLASTIC.
8. Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender
Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender to Puree – Crush Ice – and Make Shakes and Smoothies – 40 Oz Glass Jar – 12 Functions – Black and Stainless,8.66 x 6.5 x 14.69 inches
This Hamilton Beach blender comes with a full-size 40oz glass pitcher and 700 watts of power for the same price as the Oster Blend N Go blender mentioned previously.
In addition, the blade and base of this blender are designed to fit standard mason jars.
Even though they have comparable features and power, I prefer this blender to the Oster Simple Blend 100 blender I listed previously. Comparing the two models, I like the performance and glass pitcher of the Hamilton Beach model.
Overall, the Hamilton Beach Power Elite performs satisfactorily and is compatible with standard mason jars. It was a popular option among inexpensive blenders.
However, keep in mind that the Hamilton Beach blender is low-cost, so its performance is not exceptional. This blender works well for basic blending needs, has thousands of positive reviews, and is reasonably priced.
- 700 watts: Peak blending power for powerful ice crushing.
- Wave action system: 700-watt power blender continuously pulls mixture down into the blades for consistently smooth results.
- 12 blending functions: multi-function blender with only 5 simple buttons on the easy-to-read control panel. Power blender creates smoothies, icy drinks, shakes, and more.
- Easy to clean: Blades remove for easy cleaning. Jar, blades, and lid are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Clean, easy pour: multi-function blender with unique, no mess pouring spout.
9. Oster BRLY07-B00-NP0 7-Speed Fusion Blender
Oster BRLY07-B00-NP0 7-Speed Fusion Blender, Black
The Oster BRLY07-B is a nice upgrade to the above blenders for a modestly higher price. It includes a 600-watt blender with a variety of features and controls.
This Oster blender scored exceptionally well for its price range. It blends well for the price and utilizes a glass pitcher, which is unusual for blenders today. It is powerful enough to crush ice and blend smoothies.
It employs an innovative dual-direction drive system that enables the blade to blend in both directions, preventing clogging and resulting in superior blending.
In addition, this Oster blender is compatible with standard-sized Mason jars. This is an excellent option if you want a budget-friendly blender that performs well and is compatible with mason jars.
- Powerful 600-watt motor of ice crushing power with 7 pre-programmed digital speeds
- Reversible blade technology combats clogging
- 6 cup dishwasher safe and scratch resistant glass jar is thermal shock tested to withstand extreme temperature changes
- Oster All Metal Drive for lasting durability
- “Ice crusher” blade pulverizes ice and frozen fruit
- Dimensions: 15″ x 7.5″ x 9″, Cord length: 16″
10. Cuisinart SPB-7CH SmartPower 40-Ounce 7-Speed Electronic Bar Blender
Cuisinart SPB-7CH SmartPower 40-Ounce 7-Speed Electronic Bar Blender, Chrome
The Smart Power 7-Speed electronic blender from Cuisinart boosts power and capacity to the next level. This seven-speed, deluxe blender from the line of high-performance blenders can handle any task. In record time, a 500-watt motor blends 40 ounces of spectacular fruit smoothies.
Users have access to preprogrammed speed controls and an oversized on/off switch. With the touch of a button, you can Pulse, Stir, Mix, Puree, Chop, Liquefy or Crush ice. Customers adore this large blender because it gets the job done so well. The jar and lid are placed directly in the dishwasher.
- Powerful 500-watt motor crushes ice at any speed
- Easy to read/easy to clean
- 7 speed touchpad controls with indicator lights – stir, chop, mix, puree, liquefy, pulse, and ice crush
- 48-ounce glass jar with dripless pour spout
- 2-ounce removable measured pour lid
- Premium ultra-sharp stainless steel blade assembly
- Pulse at any speed button
- Innovative Italian design
- Instruction/Recipe book
Blenders That Don’t work with Mason Jar
The following well-known blender brands do not currently offer models compatible with Mason jars:
- Ninja Blenders
Note: You can also use a “stick” immersion blender with wide-mouth Mason jars, but finely blending ingredients with a stick blender in a mason jar with a tight lid can be challenging.
FAQs About Blenders Compatible With Mason Jars
No, not really. Some blenders do not come with a blade base that is compatible with Mason jars.
Mason jars can be used to make smoothies, cocktails, dressings, sauces, soups and more! The possibilities are endless.
The product that we recommend is the Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender. It has a jar base & lid, which makes it easier to blend (and add ingredients!) quickly.
You may want to check the blade assembly of your blender and see if the standard blade is compatible with a Mason jar base.
Smoothies yield about 8 ounces in volume, depending on thickness – they can be thick! If you want to make them thicker, simply reduce the amount of liquid you use.
The best blenders for use with mason jars are designed for this purpose. They come with a special jar that fits securely on top of the blender, and you can also purchase a separate narrow-mouth jar if you want to make smaller batches.
Some blenders have interchangeable jars that can be placed in different spots on the base depending on which container you’re using. Others only come with one compatible jar. In either case, it’s important to ensure that the jar is securely attached to the base of your blender before turning it on.
Mason jars are dishwasher-safe, though they need to be placed upright in an open dishwasher rack or laid out flat on a top rack. You can also hand-wash them using warm, soapy water and a sponge or brush. Make sure to dry your jar thoroughly before using it.
Whenever you’re blending ingredients, safety is an essential consideration. Be mindful of how full your jar is, as the contents could shift during use and cause the machine to malfunction.
Also remember that the jar’s lid should be removed whenever you’re using it. You should always keep your hand on the blender’s handle when you’re blending to ensure that the container doesn’t come loose and fall off, causing injury. If you have any questions about how to safely use your blender with mason jars, contact customer service.
No, the Mason Jar you already have at home is fine to use with these blenders! You don’t need to buy anything extra, just attach the lid and take off the air vent. If your ingredients are not too thick, you should be able to blend them in your mason jar without any problems.
Many brands (including Oster and KitchenAid) make countertop blenders that can be used for various functions, including chopping, shaking, stirring and blending — however the jars that come with these appliances are not specifically designed to be used with Mason Jar.
No, if a blender is multi-purpose and has a blending function it will work best when blending directly in the included blender jar. Mason jars can crack under too much pressure or extreme temperature changes, so this is not advisable.
You should be sure that your blender is compatible with Mason Jar before you use it, because if it can’t crush ice or blend thick ingredients then making smoothies in a jar could be more trouble than it’s worth.
You also must make sure to buy the right size of mason jar (16 oz. or 24 oz. depending on the blender) and if you’re making smoothies for more than one person then it’s not very practical since there are only two jars per blender unit.
If your blender has a blending function, then it should work well with Mason Jar. Some blenders come with their own mugs or cones for this purpose, and if you want to make sure that your blender is compatible with Mason Jar you should read the user manual carefully to see what it says about using other containers.
Many blenders have a heating function, which is great if you want to blend ingredients in a jar and then drink them right away. However, you should avoid blending hot ingredients in a regular jar or mug that has been cold from being in the refrigerator or freezer. Hot liquids can crack the glass and cause it to break.
- Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender – Can blend hot ingredients after heating cycle has been completed.
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender – Cannot be used for hot ingredients.
If you’re looking for the best blender to use with your mason jars, we’ve got you covered. We reviewed all the top blenders that are compatible with wide-mouth Mason Jars and came up with our list of favorites.
This way, whether it’s smoothies or soups you’re making in those cute little jars, your blender will be able to do its job efficiently! Check out these recommendations now if this is something you need help deciding on.
Best immersion blender for smoothie and soup reviews – Don’t miss it!
An immersion blender is a little bit of a misnomer...Read More
The Ultimate Guide To Buying The Best Blender With Glass Jar
A blender is a kitchen must-have. Whether you are whipping...Read More
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.