Coleslaw is a classic side dish made from shredded cabbage and carrots mixed with a creamy dressing. It’s a versatile dish that can be served alongside many main courses, such as grilled meats, sandwiches, and burgers. Using a food processor to shred the cabbage and carrots can make the process quicker and easier, resulting in a more consistent texture and better presentation.
Additionally, a food processor can help mix the dressing ingredients thoroughly and quickly, resulting in a well-emulsified and flavorful dressing. Overall, using a food processor can save time and effort while also producing a delicious coleslaw that is sure to please.
Why should you use food processor for Coleslaw?
Using a food processor for making coleslaw has several advantages:
- Time-saving: A food processor can shred cabbage and carrots much faster than shredding by hand, which can save you time.
- Consistency: A food processor can help ensure that all the vegetables are evenly shredded, resulting in a more consistent texture for the coleslaw.
- Control over shredding size: A food processor can allow you to control the size of the shreds, allowing you to make them as thin or as thick as you prefer.
- Ease of use: A food processor can be easier to use than a mandoline or box grater, especially if you need to make a larger quantity of coleslaw.
- Ability to mix dressings: A food processor can help mix the dressing ingredients quickly and thoroughly, resulting in a well-emulsified and flavorful dressing.
Overall, using a food processor can make the process of making coleslaw faster, more efficient, and easier to customize to your preferences, resulting in a more consistent and delicious end product.
How to make Coleslaw in food processor
Here’s a simple recipe for making coleslaw in a food processor:
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fit the food processor with the shredding disk attachment.
- Shred the cabbage and carrots in the food processor.
- Transfer the shredded cabbage and carrots to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced red onion to the bowl.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a creamier coleslaw, you can increase the amount of mayonnaise and adjust the other ingredients accordingly. Additionally, you can add other ingredients to the coleslaw, such as chopped apples, raisins, or toasted nuts, to give it a unique twist.
Tips for making Coleslaw in food processor
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making coleslaw in a food processor:
- Use a sharp blade: Make sure your shredding blade is sharp, as a dull blade can result in uneven shredding and require more effort from the motor.
- Cut the vegetables to fit in the feed tube: Cut the cabbage and carrots into pieces that will fit into the feed tube of your food processor to make the shredding process smoother and faster.
- Process in batches: Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to shred the vegetables in batches to avoid overfilling the bowl and achieving an uneven shred.
- Watch the texture: Be careful not to over-process the vegetables as they can become too finely shredded and result in a mushy coleslaw. Pulse the food processor until the desired texture is achieved.
- Make the dressing ahead of time: Make the dressing in advance to give the flavors time to meld together before adding it to the coleslaw.
- Use a large mixing bowl: After shredding the vegetables, transfer them to a large mixing bowl to make it easier to toss with the dressing and avoid spilling.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the coleslaw and adjust the seasoning as needed. Remember that the flavors will intensify as the coleslaw chills.
- Chill before serving: Chill the coleslaw for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and the vegetables to absorb the dressing.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and easy coleslaw using your food processor.
- All Post
- Food Processor
Italian Easter Pie, also known as Pizza Rustica, is a savory pie traditionally served during Easter in Italy and in…
Easter egg Oreo truffles are a delicious and festive dessert that’s perfect for Easter celebrations. These bite-sized treats are made…
Food processor cheesecake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that can be prepared quickly using a food processor. A cheesecake…
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.