Homemade pasta can be made using a food processor to mix the dough quickly and easily. Making pasta dough from scratch can be a time-consuming process, but using a food processor can make the job much simpler and faster. With a food processor, you can create a smooth and pliable pasta dough that is perfect for rolling out and cutting into your favorite pasta shapes.
Which kinds of pasta can you make in food processor?
Using a food processor to make pasta dough can be used for various pasta shapes, including:
- Lasagne sheets
In general, you can make any type of pasta that is made from flour and eggs using a food processor to mix the dough. However, some pasta shapes may require additional tools or equipment for shaping, such as a pasta machine or a ravioli mold.
Why should you use food processor for making homemade pasta?
Using a food processor to make homemade pasta has several advantages:
- Saves time: Making pasta dough by hand can be a time-consuming process, but using a food processor can make it much quicker and more efficient. The food processor can mix the ingredients quickly and uniformly, saving you time and effort.
- Consistent results: With a food processor, you can ensure that your pasta dough is mixed uniformly every time. This is especially important for pasta, as the consistency of the dough can affect the texture and taste of the finished product.
- Easy cleanup: A food processor can be much easier to clean than traditional mixing bowls and utensils. You can simply clean the food processor bowl and blade, rather than having to wash multiple bowls, spoons, and other utensils.
- Control over ingredients: When you make pasta dough in a food processor, you have complete control over the ingredients that go into the dough. You can adjust the flour and egg ratios to your liking, and you can also add in other ingredients such as herbs, spices, or vegetable purees.
- Versatile: A food processor can be used to make various pasta shapes, including spaghetti, fettuccine, ravioli, and more. This makes it a versatile tool for pasta-making, allowing you to experiment with different shapes and flavors.
How to make homemade pasta in food processor
Here’s a basic recipe for making homemade pasta in a food processor:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Add the flour to the food processor and pulse a few times to break up any lumps.
- Crack the eggs into the food processor and pulse again until the mixture comes together into a ball of dough. If the dough seems too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it comes together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and pliable.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, divide it into four equal parts. Take one part and flatten it into a disk shape.
- Run the disk through a pasta machine on the thickest setting. Fold the dough in half and run it through the machine again. Repeat this process a few times until the dough becomes smooth and silky.
- Adjust the pasta machine to a thinner setting and run the dough through the machine again. Continue to run the dough through the machine, adjusting to a thinner setting each time, until you reach the desired thickness.
- Cut the dough into the desired pasta shapes using a pasta cutter or a knife.
- Dust the pasta shapes with flour and let them dry for at least an hour before cooking.
Note: If you don’t have a pasta machine, you can still make homemade pasta by rolling out the dough by hand and cutting it into shapes using a knife or a pasta cutter.
How long does it take to make homemade pasta in food processor?
Making homemade pasta in a food processor typically takes about 10-15 minutes, not including the resting time for the dough. However, the total time can vary depending on the recipe and the specific pasta shape you are making.
Rolling and cutting the pasta can also be time-consuming, especially if you are doing it by hand. It’s important to take your time and work carefully to ensure that your pasta turns out well.
Tips for making homemade pasta in food processor
Here are some tips for making homemade pasta in a food processor:
- Use the right flour: For making pasta in a food processor, it’s best to use all-purpose flour, which has the right gluten content for pasta. Avoid using cake flour, which is too soft, or bread flour, which is too tough.
- Use room temperature eggs: Make sure your eggs are at room temperature before adding them to the food processor. Cold eggs can cause the dough to become too stiff.
- Don’t over-process the dough: Be careful not to over-process the dough in the food processor, as this can cause it to become too tough. Pulse the mixture until it just comes together, then turn it out onto a floured surface and knead it by hand to finish.
- Rest the dough: Let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out. This allows the gluten to relax and makes the dough easier to work with.
- Keep the dough moist: Cover the dough with a damp towel while it’s resting to prevent it from drying out.
- Work in batches: Divide the dough into small portions before rolling it out. This makes it easier to handle and ensures that the pasta cooks evenly.
- Dust with flour: Dust the pasta shapes with flour as you cut them to prevent them from sticking together.
- Dry the pasta: Let the pasta shapes dry for at least an hour before cooking. This helps them hold their shape and prevents them from clumping together in the water.
- Experiment with flavors: You can add herbs, spices, or even vegetable purees to the pasta dough to give it extra flavor and color. Try adding spinach, beetroot, or tomato puree for a colorful twist.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
A food processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for a variety of baking tasks. Its powerful…
Do you enjoy homemade pasta but dislike mixing and kneading it by hand? No problem. You can make Pasta dough…
Anyone can make artisan pizza at home with just a few simple ingredients and a food processor. Trendy, tiny restaurants…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.