Pressure Cooker Five-Bean Chili is a hearty and healthy dish that’s perfect for a cold winter day. This recipe is packed with five different types of beans, vegetables, and spices, making it a nutritious and satisfying meal.
Using a pressure cooker allows you to cook the chili quickly and efficiently, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply looking for a healthier version of traditional chili, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Why should you use a pressure cooker for Five-Bean Chili?
Using a pressure cooker to make Five-Bean Chili has several advantages. Here are a few reasons why a pressure cooker is a great tool for this dish:
- Saves time: Pressure cooking allows you to cook the chili in a fraction of the time it would take using traditional cooking methods. This means you can have a delicious and nutritious meal on the table in less time.
- Retains nutrients: Cooking at high pressure can help to retain the nutrients in the beans and vegetables, which can be lost during longer cooking times.
- Tenderizes beans: Beans can take a long time to cook, but pressure cooking can significantly reduce the cooking time and make the beans tender and creamy.
- Intensifies flavors: Pressure cooking allows the flavors of the spices and vegetables to infuse into the chili quickly, resulting in a rich and flavorful dish.
- One-pot meal: Using a pressure cooker allows you to cook the chili in one pot, which means less cleanup and a more convenient cooking process.
Overall, using a pressure cooker is a great option for making Five-Bean Chili because it saves time, retains nutrients, tenderizes beans, intensifies flavors, and creates a one-pot meal.
How to make Five-Bean Chili in pressure cooker
Here’s how to make Five-Bean Chili in a pressure cooker:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, cilantro
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté mode and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped bell peppers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to the pot and stir well to coat the vegetables.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, drained and rinsed beans, and vegetable broth to the pot and stir well to combine.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and set it to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker and stir the chili. If it’s too thick, add additional vegetable broth to reach your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and top with your desired toppings, such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, and cilantro.
This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings. Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Five-Bean Chili made in a pressure cooker!
Tips for making Five-Bean Chili in pressure cooker
Here are some tips to make the perfect Five-Bean Chili in a pressure cooker:
- Rinse the beans: Be sure to rinse the canned beans before adding them to the pressure cooker. This removes any excess salt or preservatives that may affect the taste of the chili.
- Use a high-quality vegetable broth: The vegetable broth you use will affect the overall flavor of the chili. Opt for a high-quality broth or consider making your own for the best results.
- Adjust the spice level: The recipe calls for a moderate level of spiciness, but you can adjust the spice level by adding more or less cayenne pepper. Taste the chili after cooking and add additional spices if needed.
- Don’t overfill the pressure cooker: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific pressure cooker to avoid overfilling. This could result in the chili boiling over or not cooking properly.
- Let the pressure release naturally: After the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes before using the quick release. This helps to ensure that the beans are fully cooked and the flavors have developed.
- Customize your toppings: Consider serving your chili with a variety of toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, or cilantro. These toppings can add texture and flavor to the dish.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and healthy Five-Bean Chili in a pressure cooker that’s perfect for any occasion.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
Yield: 8 servingsCook Time: 1 & 10 minutes (with soaked beans) to 1-1/2 hours (without soaking beans) Red beans and rice is…
Yield: 4 servingsCook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes (quick soak method) / 7 hours to 13 hours (overnight method) If you have…
You have gone through all of the pressure cooker reviews and have bought the best cooker that you can and…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.