Pressure cooker French toast is a quick and easy breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings. It’s a great alternative to traditional French toast, as it requires less time and effort to prepare. With a pressure cooker, you can cook French toast in just a few minutes, and it comes out perfectly every time.
The pressure cooker allows the custard to cook evenly, and the resulting French toast is fluffy, moist, and delicious. It’s also a versatile recipe that can be customized with a variety of toppings, such as fruit, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
Why should you use a pressure cooker for French Toast?
Using a pressure cooker for French toast has several benefits:
- Quick and easy: Pressure cooker French toast is a quick and easy breakfast option that can be prepared in just a few minutes. This is especially useful for busy mornings when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- Even cooking: The pressure cooker ensures even cooking of the French toast, resulting in a perfectly moist and fluffy texture.
- No flipping required: Unlike traditional French toast, pressure cooker French toast doesn’t require flipping. This saves time and reduces the risk of the French toast sticking to the pan or falling apart.
- Consistent results: With a pressure cooker, you can achieve consistent results every time. This means that you can make perfect French toast without worrying about overcooking or undercooking.
Overall, using a pressure cooker for French toast is a convenient and efficient way to prepare this classic breakfast dish.
How to make French Toast in pressure cooker
Here’s how to make French toast in a pressure cooker:
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture until fully coated.
- Melt the butter in the pressure cooker on the sauté setting.
- Place the bread slices in the pressure cooker in a single layer, making sure they are not overlapping.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes before using the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the French toast from the pressure cooker using tongs or a spatula.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite toppings.
Note: If you have a smaller pressure cooker, you may need to cook the French toast in batches.
This recipe makes 4 servings of French toast. You can also adjust the ingredients to make more or less depending on your needs.
Tips for making French Toast in pressure cooker
Here are some tips to help you make perfect French toast in a pressure cooker:
- Use a good quality bread: French toast is all about the bread, so choose a good quality bread like brioche or challah that can hold up to the pressure cooking process.
- Soak the bread well: Make sure that each slice of bread is fully coated with the egg mixture to ensure that the French toast is moist and flavorful.
- Don’t overcrowd the pressure cooker: Make sure to leave some space between each slice of bread to ensure even cooking. If necessary, cook the French toast in batches.
- Use the sauté function: The sauté function is perfect for melting the butter and browning the French toast before pressure cooking.
- Use a trivet: To prevent the French toast from sticking to the bottom of the pressure cooker, use a trivet or a steaming rack to lift the bread slices off the bottom.
- Let the pressure release naturally: Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure naturally for a few minutes before using the quick release to release any remaining pressure. This will help prevent the French toast from becoming too dense.
- Experiment with toppings: French toast is delicious on its own, but it’s even better with toppings like fruit, whipped cream, or maple syrup. Experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination.
By following these tips, you can make delicious and easy French toast in your pressure cooker every time.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 25 min Ready in: 40 min Are you looking for a tasty and fun recipe…
Yield: 4 servingsCook Time: 50 minutes (1 hour & 10 minutes making optional pasta sauce) Whenever my mother made lasagna it seemed…
I have a recipe for those of you who like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a nice Irish dish…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.