Pressure Cooker Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls are a delicious and savory dish that combines the flavors of smoky ham, sweet cherries, and rich bourbon. These meatballs are made by combining ground ham with breadcrumbs, eggs, and spices, then forming them into balls and cooking them in a pressure cooker.
The cherry bourbon glaze is made by combining cherry preserves, bourbon, brown sugar, and a few other ingredients, then simmering the mixture until it thickens and becomes glossy. Once the meatballs are cooked, they are coated with the glaze and served hot.
This dish is perfect for a hearty dinner, a special occasion, or as an appetizer for a party. The pressure cooker makes the cooking process quick and easy, and the cherry bourbon glaze adds a delicious sweetness and complexity to the ham balls.
Overall, Pressure Cooker Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls are a mouth-watering dish that is sure to please everyone who tries them.
Why should you use a pressure cooker for Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls?
Using a pressure cooker to make Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls has several benefits.
Firstly, pressure cooking is a quick and efficient cooking method that can significantly reduce cooking time. The high pressure and heat of the cooker cooks the meatballs faster than traditional cooking methods, allowing you to enjoy your meal in a shorter amount of time.
Secondly, using a pressure cooker can help to preserve the moisture and flavor of the meatballs. The high pressure and steam of the cooker help to keep the meatballs moist and tender, preventing them from becoming dry and tough.
Thirdly, a pressure cooker can be a great tool for infusing flavors into the meatballs. Since the cooker seals in the flavors and juices, the meatballs will absorb more of the flavors from the spices and glaze, resulting in a more flavorful and delicious dish.
Overall, using a pressure cooker to make Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls is a great way to save time, preserve moisture and flavor, and infuse more flavor into the dish.
How to make Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls in pressure cooker
Here is a recipe for making Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls in a pressure cooker:
- 1 pound ground ham
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground ham, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and milk. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the pressure cooker on the sauté setting and add a little oil to the bottom of the pot. Brown the meatballs on all sides for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the cherry preserves, bourbon, brown sugar, and soy sauce until smooth. Pour the mixture over the meatballs in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and set it to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, release the pressure manually by turning the release valve to the venting position.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the glaze in the pressure cooker and cook on the sauté setting for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the glaze thickens.
- Serve the Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls hot, garnished with fresh herbs or chopped green onions, if desired. Enjoy!
Tips for making Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls in pressure cooker
Here are some tips for making Cherry Bourbon Ham Balls in a pressure cooker:
- Use a good quality ground ham to ensure the meatballs have a good flavor and texture.
- Make sure to mix the meatball mixture well to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- When forming the meatballs, make sure they are all the same size to ensure they cook evenly in the pressure cooker.
- Brown the meatballs before pressure cooking them to give them a nice crust and flavor.
- When making the glaze, make sure to whisk it well to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- After pressure cooking the meatballs, make sure to release the pressure manually to avoid overcooking them.
- If the glaze is too thin, you can thicken it with a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water, then stir it into the glaze and cook on the sauté setting until it thickens.
- You can garnish the meatballs with fresh herbs or chopped green onions for a pop of color and extra flavor.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven before serving.
- All Post
- Instant Pot
Pressure canning apple juice is a process of preserving fresh apple juice for long-term storage by canning it in glass…
Instant Pot Easter Ham is a delicious and easy way to cook a ham for your Easter celebration using the…
Pressure canning is a method of preserving food in which it is sealed in airtight containers and heated at a…
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.