- 14 ounces (1 can) diced tomatoes, in juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small fresh or dried red chili pepper, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat broiler with rack in middle position of oven. Strain tomatoes, reserving juices. Spread tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and broil until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine browned tomatoes, garlic, chili pepper, carrot, soy milk, reserved tomato juice, and lemon juice; puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer; cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley leaves before serving.
- Serve this soup with garlic bread and vegetables for a simple, healthy dinner.
Per serving: 166 calories; 4 g protein; 12 g fat; 14 g carb; 2 g fiber.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
Whether preparing dinner for two or meal prep like a pro, a mini food processor is a great way to…
Making hummus is a breeze with the best food processor for the job. Not only does a food processor do…
Pie crusts are one of the most important components of pies. They provide a sturdy foundation for the filling and…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.