A commercial hand blender, also known as an immersion blender or stick blender, is a handheld kitchen appliance used for blending and pureeing foods. It consists of a motorized handle with a blade that is submerged directly into the food being blended. Unlike a traditional countertop blender, a hand blender is more versatile and convenient as it allows for blending in any container or pot, and can easily be stored away when not in use.
Commercial hand blenders are specifically designed for use in restaurants, cafes, and other food service establishments, where they are used to quickly and efficiently blend soups, sauces, and other recipes in large quantities. They come in a range of sizes, shapes, and power capacities to suit various needs and preferences, and are an essential tool for any professional kitchen.
What is commercial hand blender used for?
Commercial hand blenders are used for a variety of tasks in professional kitchens, including:
- Blending soups and sauces: Hand blenders are commonly used to blend soups and sauces directly in the pot, saving time and reducing the need for transferring hot liquids to a blender.
- Pureeing fruits and vegetables: Hand blenders can puree fruits and vegetables to create smoothies, baby food, and other purees.
- Mixing batters and doughs: Hand blenders can be used to mix batters and doughs for cakes, muffins, and other baked goods.
- Emulsifying dressings and marinades: Hand blenders can emulsify ingredients to create smooth and creamy dressings, marinades, and vinaigrettes.
- Whipping cream and egg whites: Hand blenders can whip cream and egg whites to create fluffy and light textures.
- Crushing ice: Hand blenders with strong motors can be used to crush ice for cocktails and frozen drinks.
Overall, commercial hand blenders are a versatile tool that can be used for a wide range of tasks in professional kitchens, making them an essential piece of equipment for chefs and cooks.
What is the best size of commercial hand blender?
The best size of a commercial hand blender will depend on the specific needs and requirements of your kitchen. Commercial hand blenders come in various sizes, typically ranging from 7 to 21 inches in length.
If you are using a hand blender for blending small quantities of food, such as dressings or purees, a smaller size, such as a 7 or 9 inch model, may be suitable. These models are also more lightweight and easier to handle for extended periods of time.
If you are blending larger quantities of food, such as soups or sauces, a larger size, such as a 12 or 14 inch model, may be more suitable. These models have longer shafts that can reach deeper into larger pots or containers, making blending more efficient.
For very large batches of food, such as those in commercial kitchens, a 21 inch model may be appropriate. These models have the longest shafts and the most powerful motors, allowing for efficient and quick blending of large quantities of food.
Ultimately, the best size of commercial hand blender will depend on your specific needs and the types of recipes you will be blending. It is important to consider the size and quantity of the food you will be blending, as well as the ease of use and comfort of the user when selecting a commercial hand blender.
How many watts is best for commercial hand blender?
The optimal wattage for a commercial hand blender depends on the specific needs of your business and the types of ingredients you will be blending. In general, most commercial hand blenders range from 200 to 1000 watts of power.
For lighter-duty tasks such as pureeing soups or blending smoothies, a lower wattage hand blender may be sufficient. However, for more heavy-duty tasks such as blending frozen fruits or crushing ice, a higher wattage blender may be necessary.
When selecting a commercial hand blender, it’s important to consider the power of the motor as well as the quality of the blades and attachments. Higher wattage motors may also generate more noise and vibration, so it’s important to balance power with usability and comfort for the user.
Benefits of using commercial hand blender
There are several benefits to using a commercial hand blender in a kitchen setting. Here are a few:
- Versatility: A commercial hand blender can perform a variety of tasks, including blending, pureeing, emulsifying, and chopping. This versatility makes it a valuable tool in any kitchen, as it can be used for a wide range of recipes and dishes.
- Efficiency: A commercial hand blender can blend ingredients much more quickly and efficiently than traditional methods, such as a whisk or food processor. This makes it an ideal tool for busy kitchens or for preparing large quantities of food.
- Convenience: A commercial hand blender is a handheld tool that is easy to use and requires minimal cleanup. Unlike traditional blenders or food processors, it does not require a separate container or bowl, which can save time and effort in the kitchen.
- Consistency: A commercial hand blender can help ensure consistent results when blending ingredients, as it allows for greater control over the texture and consistency of the final product. This can be especially important for recipes that require precise measurements and ratios.
- Cost-effective: Commercial hand blenders are generally less expensive than traditional blenders or food processors, making them a cost-effective option for smaller kitchens or home cooks.
Overall, a commercial hand blender can be a valuable tool in any kitchen, offering versatility, efficiency, convenience, consistency, and cost-effectiveness.
What is the difference between industrial and commercial hand blender?
The terms “industrial” and “commercial” are often used interchangeably when referring to kitchen equipment, but they can have slightly different meanings when it comes to hand blenders.
An industrial hand blender is designed for heavy-duty use in industrial kitchens, such as those found in large-scale food production facilities, hospitals, or schools. These blenders are typically larger and more powerful than commercial hand blenders and can blend larger quantities of food at once. They may also have additional features, such as variable speed controls, ergonomic handles, and reinforced shafts for added durability.
A commercial hand blender, on the other hand, is designed for use in smaller kitchens, such as restaurants, cafes, or catering businesses. They are generally smaller and less powerful than industrial hand blenders, but still offer plenty of versatility and convenience for smaller-scale food production. Commercial hand blenders typically have a range of attachments and blades for different tasks, such as blending, chopping, and whipping.
In summary, the main differences between industrial and commercial hand blenders are their size, power, and durability. Industrial hand blenders are designed for heavy-duty use in large-scale kitchens, while commercial hand blenders are intended for smaller-scale food production in restaurants, cafes, and other similar settings.
How to use commercial hand blender safely
To use a commercial hand blender safely, follow these tips:
- Read the instruction manual carefully before use and familiarize yourself with the parts, attachments, and safety features.
- Always unplug the blender before attaching or removing any parts, and when not in use.
- Check the power cord and plug for any damage or wear before use, and replace as needed.
- Use the blender on a stable and flat surface, and avoid using it near water or other liquids.
- Keep your hands and other body parts away from the blades when in use, and never insert any objects into the blades.
- Use the blender at the recommended speed and for the recommended duration, and avoid overloading it with too many ingredients at once.
- Always use the appropriate attachments for the task at hand, and ensure they are securely attached before use.
- When cleaning the blender, avoid immersing the motor unit in water and only use a damp cloth to wipe it down.
- Store the blender in a safe and dry location, out of the reach of children and away from heat sources or other hazards.
By following these safety guidelines, you can use a commercial hand blender effectively and safely to prepare a wide range of food and beverage items for your business.
Factors to consider when choosing the best commercial hand blender
When choosing the best commercial hand blender, here are some factors to consider:
- Power: Look for a blender with a powerful motor (at least 500 watts) to handle tough ingredients and heavy use.
- Speed and control: Choose a blender with multiple speed settings and/or a variable speed control for more precise blending.
- Blade design: Look for a blender with high-quality, durable blades that are designed to handle the specific types of foods you will be blending.
- Ergonomics: Choose a blender with a comfortable grip and a balanced weight distribution to reduce fatigue and strain during extended use.
- Durability and construction: Look for a blender made from high-quality, durable materials that can withstand heavy use and frequent cleaning.
- Accessories and attachments: Consider whether you need any additional accessories or attachments, such as a whisk or chopper, for more versatile blending.
- Brand and warranty: Choose a reputable brand with a solid warranty and customer support to ensure quality and reliability.
- Price: Consider your budget and choose a blender that offers good value for your money, without compromising on quality and performance.
How to clean commercial hand blender
To clean a commercial hand blender, follow these steps:
- Unplug the blender and detach any removable parts such as the blending shaft, blades, and attachments.
- Rinse the removable parts in warm water to remove any excess food or debris.
- For tougher stains or residues, use a soft brush or sponge to scrub the parts with a mild soap or detergent.
- Rinse the parts thoroughly with clean water and dry them with a clean towel or cloth.
- Wipe down the motor unit of the blender with a damp cloth, being careful not to get any water or moisture on the electrical components.
- If needed, use a mild cleaner or disinfectant to sanitize the motor unit and other non-removable parts of the blender.
- Rinse the blender again with clean water and dry it thoroughly before reassembling and storing it.
It’s important to clean your commercial hand blender regularly, especially if you use it frequently or for different types of food items. This will help ensure the longevity of the blender and prevent any contamination or bacterial growth that can affect the quality and safety of your food products.
What is the price of commercial hand blender?
The price of a commercial hand blender can vary widely depending on the brand, power, and features. Generally, commercial hand blenders can range from around $50 to $500 or more.
Lower-end models with less power and fewer features may be available for around $50 to $100, while more heavy-duty models with higher wattage motors, multiple attachments, and other features can cost upwards of $500 or more.
It’s important to choose a hand blender that meets your business needs and budget, while also considering factors such as durability, ease of use, and reliability.
How to maintain offset commercial hand blender properly
Maintaining an offset commercial hand blender is essential to ensure its longevity and optimal performance. Here are some tips on how to maintain it properly:
- Regular Cleaning: After every use, detach the blender head and clean it thoroughly with warm water and mild detergent. Wipe the motor housing and cord with a damp cloth. Avoid immersing the motor in water.
- Lubrication: Keep the gears of the blender head lubricated with a small amount of food-grade lubricant. Check the user manual to see what kind of lubricant is recommended.
- Check the Blades: Regularly inspect the blades for any signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or chips. If the blades are damaged, replace them immediately.
- Store Properly: Store the blender in a dry, cool place, away from direct sunlight. Ensure that the cord is not tangled or twisted.
- Handle with Care: Avoid dropping or mishandling the blender. Handle it with care, and do not use excessive force when blending hard or dense ingredients.
- Regular Maintenance: Get your blender serviced regularly by a professional technician. Follow the maintenance schedule recommended in the user manual.
By following these tips, you can keep your offset commercial hand blender in good condition and ensure optimal performance for a long time.
Troubleshooting about commercial hand blender
Here are some common issues and troubleshooting tips for commercial hand blenders:
- Motor not starting: Check if the blender is properly plugged in and the power switch is turned on. Make sure the blender’s cord is not damaged. If everything seems fine, the motor may be burnt out and require a replacement.
- Overheating: If the hand blender is used continuously for an extended period, it may overheat. To prevent this, it is recommended to use the blender in intervals and allow it to cool down between uses.
- Blade not spinning: If the blade is not spinning, it may be jammed with food or debris. Unplug the blender and remove the blade assembly. Clean the blade assembly thoroughly and check for any damages. Reassemble the blade and try again.
- Leaking: If the hand blender is leaking, it may be due to a damaged blade assembly or worn gaskets. Replace the damaged parts as needed.
- Excessive vibration or noise: This may be caused by a misaligned blade or a loose blade assembly. Unplug the blender and check the blade assembly for any damages or looseness. Tighten the blade assembly or realign the blade if needed.
If the problem persists, it is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s manual or contact their customer support for further assistance.
Commercial hand blender - FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about commercial hand blender:
A commercial hand blender is designed for heavy-duty use in a professional kitchen setting, while a regular hand blender is designed for home use and lighter tasks.
Yes, you can use a commercial hand blender for home use, but it may be more expensive and powerful than necessary for simple home cooking tasks.
The best way to determine which attachments to use with your commercial hand blender is to consult the instruction manual or the manufacturer’s website. You can also experiment with different attachments to find the best one for your specific task.
Yes, many commercial hand blenders are powerful enough to crush ice, but it is important to check the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure that the blender is capable of this task.
The lifespan of a commercial hand blender depends on various factors such as frequency of use, quality of the product, and maintenance. With proper use and maintenance, a commercial hand blender can last for several years.
It is recommended to check the instruction manual before cleaning a commercial hand blender as some models may not be designed to be fully immersed in water. Generally, the motor housing and electrical components should not be submerged in water, but the blending wand and attachments can be washed with soap and water.
Some common issues with commercial hand blenders include overheating, blade damage, and motor failure. If you experience any of these issues, it is recommended to consult the instruction manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Yes, commercial hand blenders can be used for making smoothies, but it is important to choose a model with enough power to handle blending tougher ingredients such as frozen fruits and vegetables.
In conclusion, a commercial hand blender is a versatile and essential tool in any commercial kitchen. It can be used to blend, puree, emulsify, and mix a variety of ingredients quickly and efficiently. When choosing a commercial hand blender, it is important to consider factors such as power, speed, blade quality, and durability. Proper cleaning and maintenance are also crucial to ensure the longevity and optimal performance of the hand blender. With the right commercial hand blender, chefs and cooks can save time and effort in the kitchen while creating delicious and consistent results.
Best cordless immersion blenders with an honest review
When it comes to saving space, cordless immersion blenders are...Read More
How to use an immersion blender properly?
Are you familiar with the term “immersion blender”? Do you...Read More
Best immersion blender for smoothie and soup reviews – Don’t miss it!
An immersion blender is a little bit of a misnomer...Read More
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.