Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy and crunchy without any oily mess! With only a handful of ingredients, these are the perfect healthy snack or appetizer!
How To Make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
**scroll down for full ingredients list and recipes below**
- Cut the fresh avocados in half, then remove the pit.
- Slice the avocados lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape the back of the skin to remove the avocado flesh and set them on a plate.
- In a small bowl, add panko crumbs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- In another small bowl, stir cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Dip each avocado slice in the cornstarch slurry.
- Coat the slice with the panko breadcrumb mixture. Repeat for all avocado slices.
- Using the Air Fryer, place the avocado fries into the basket in an even layer. Lightly spray the tops with olive oil spray.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and 4 minutes. When the time is up, remove the basket and carefully flip through halfway. Insert basket back into the air fryer and then set for 400 degrees for 2 more minutes.
- Serve your fried avocado with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Choosing the ripe avocados, but not too ripe. You’ll have to peel the outer skin of the Avocado off, so they can’t be too mushy
- Serve with a good dipping sauce. The ideal sauce for avocado fries is something a little on the spicy side to balance the creaminess of the avocados.
Why should use an air fryer for Avocado Fries?
- Air frying is perfect for avocado fries because it quickly crisps the exterior of the “fry” and makes it crunchy and browned – all without overcooking the inside and turning the avocado to mush.
- It’s also fast and easy. While one avocado air-fries, you can bread the next one and be ready to fry when the first batch is done. Just remember it always helps to spray your air fryer basket with a little nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
- Flexible and All-In-One kitchen appliances: you can use it to make a diverse variety of foods, such as fry, roast, bake, grill, broil, and stir fry…all in one, in some models. This handy gadget can make pretty much everything, from appetizers to main dishes—and even desserts.
- Healthier Meals without sacrificing taste: Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying requires just a tablespoon of oil, you can still get a similar texture without all the grease, calories and cook healthier food.
- There’s little clean-up and less splattering of oil while cooking.
- Air Filter: Some air fryers are built with an integrated air filter so your home won’t smell like the deep fat fryer for hours afterward. You can now enjoy your fresh kitchen smell before, during, and after using your air fryer.
- Heating leftovers: the air fryer is perfect for reheating foods to get a crispy texture such as pizza, chicken tenders, or anything that could use quick crisp without turning on the big oven.
- Cooking frozen foods: you can really take food straight from the freezer and cook it in the air fryer. Just like that. Here’s our crazy awesome list to get you started with frozen foods in the air fryer.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my Chefman TurboFry 2 Quart Air Fryer. It is a compact, easy-to-use appliance that helps you cook amazing fried food without all the oil and unwanted fat. One of the most popular models from the brand, the TurboFry uses rapid air technology to cook foods to a crispy, delicious texture. Unlike many other air fryer brands, Chefman has kept this model scaled-down so it can pretty much fit anywhere.
When we test and assess the ease on use and performance by air frying frozen/ Fresh French Fries and chicken wings. We are fascinated with a crisp outside and browning as well as the soft, moist results on the inside. These are the best air fryers you can buy right now:
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
One of the biggest factors when choosing to buy an air fryer is the size and capacity of an air fryer. The perfect air fryer is not only big enough to cook for the whole family but also small to fit in your kitchen. Use this chart as a guide:
1.5 to 2.5 liter
Snacks, sides and mains
3.0 to 6.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains and complete meals
6.5 to 12.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains, complete meals, whole chickens and batch cooking
Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
Using the knife, slice the avocadoes lengthwise and using a spoon, use a spoon to scrape the back of the skin to remove the avocado flesh and set them on a plate
In a small bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese using fork and set aside.
In another small bowl, mix corn starch and water to milky consistency without any lumps.
Dip each avocado slice in corn starch slurry and then coat with panko crumb mixture until well coated. Repeat the same for remaining avocado slices.
Transfer the prepared slices to air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 400 degrees and 4 minutes, flipping through halfway. Repeat the same for remaining avocado wedges
Once done, serve the avocado fries with ketchup or your favorite sauce.