Nowadays, people are becoming more and more health conscious. More people switch to healthy food to reduce the risk for disease. However, busy schedules are the reason why people are eating less fresh and healthy meals.
Frozen foods were invented to solve those problems and really has become a right-hand man for busy people. Most often people choose frozen foods for their daily nutritional requirements. Frozen foods help you to save so much time and effort, so you will have more time to spend with the people you love.
Instead of wasting too much time in the grocery store every day, we can totally buy frozen foods once a week, even twice a week… depending on the capacity of your refrigerator.
You can prepare the foods ahead, throw them in the freezer, and enjoy them whenever you want. It’s that simple and easy, and anyone can do it.
Are frozen foods good for health?
Actually, frozen foods retain their vitamins and minerals with no change in carbohydrate, protein, or fat content. And believe it or not, frozen foods are often flash-frozen directly after harvest or preparation, and this helps to lock in nutrients that fresh foods may gradually lose when in transit to the grocery store.
In some cases, frozen foods have more vitamins and minerals than fresh foods because fresh foods lose vitamins and minerals over time while freezing retains nutrients.
Moreover, frozen food slows down decomposition by turning residual moisture into ice, inhibiting the growth of most bacteria species.
How to serve meals from frozen foods in the air fryer?
If you’re used to throwing them in a microwave or oven for quick-cooking then we’re about to shake your world: Next time, try putting them in your air fryer which results in a crispier final product. That’s why we are sharing the best frozen food for air fryers!
Top 10 Best frozen foods for air fryer
Cooking frozen foods by an air fryer?
Yes, you can really take food straight from the refrigerator and cook it in the air fryer. Air frying is emerging as the favorite option for cooking frozen foods. No need to use oil or just a tablespoon of oil, you can still get a similar texture without all the grease, calories and cook healthier food.
Think of all the delicious meals that will be waiting for you in the refrigerator, such as French fries, salmon fillets, breakfast pastries…. Let us share some of the best frozen foods for air fryers in this post. We believe that our recommendations will be the beginning of your healthy diet.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – French Fries
- Preheat your air fryer at 400°F.
- Then spray cooking oil on the basket.
- Next, depending on the capacity of your air fryer, add the frozen fries to the basket.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until crispy and golden. For best results, shaking halfway through the cooking time.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Chicken Wings
- Place the chicken wings into the basket of air fryer.
- Cook the wings for 24 minutes at 380°F (190°C).
- Shake the basket every 10 minutes to let them cook evenly.
- When the time is up, shake again, raise the temperature to 400°F (200°C) and cook for 6 more minutes or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Corn Dogs
- Place the frozen corn dogs into the air fryer basket (remember NO added oil).
- Air fry the dogs at 400°F/204°C for 6-8 minutes.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Meatballs
- Place the frozen meatballs in the basket and spread them out evenly.
- Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for 8-12 minutes (depending on size) or until heated all the way through, gently shaking and turning the meatballs halfway through cooking.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Egg Rolls
- Place the frozen egg rolls into the basket and spread them out evenly (no need to spray oil).
- Air fry at 340°F/170°C for 10 minutes.
- Turn the rolled egg over. Increase heat to 400°F / 205°C and cook for 2-5 minutes more or until these are crispy.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Breakfast Pastries
- Place the frozen pastries in the basket and spread them out evenly (no need to spray oil).
- Air fry at 360°F / 180°C for 8 minutes.
- Turn the pastries over and continue to cook at 360°F/180°C for 6-8 minutes more or until to your preferred doneness.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Salmon Fillets
That’s right, you can even cook frozen salmon fillets in an air fryer!
- Just take the fillets out of the package and place them in the basket.
- Cook for 05 minutes at 320°F, then flip and cook at 360°F for 3-5 minutes more or until salmon flakes off easily.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Chicken Breasts
Did you forget to defrost the chicken for dinner? No problem. This recipe for frozen chicken breast in the air fryer will save the day.
- Cook frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in an air fryer by preheating the device to 360°F.
- Season the chicken breasts as desired.
- Then place them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165°F.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Mozzarella Sticks
- Place the frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer’s basket and spread them out evenly (No need to spray oil).
- Air fry at 380°F/ 193°C for 5 minutes.
- Shake or rotate slightly.
- Be sure to let them cool down a bit before eating. It can be super hot.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Hamburgers
- Place 2 frozen hamburgers in the air fryer’s basket.
- Sprinkle with any seasoning as you like.
- Set the temperature at 380°F and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, turn the burgers and cook for 9-10 minutes more.
Best frozen foods for air fryer – Hot Pockets
- Place the frozen hot pocket in the air fryer basket (no oil spray is needed).
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10-13 minutes.
- If needed, flip the hot pocket oven and cook for another 1-3 minutes.
If you have your heart set on a healthier version of those indulgent frozen foods, keep dreaming. Luckily, more and more food companies are listening to consumers and bringing healthy frozen food options to the table!
If you’re looking for an easy to clean method of favorite fried foods with less oil and fat, an air fryer is certainly a no-brainer investment for your kitchen.
Although you can also make them in an oven or microwave, it takes longer and different temperatures to make each of these delicious meals. No need to use oil or less oil in an air fryer is what makes them so appealing that you can eat them without feeling guilty. So in this conflict between air fryer and oven, air fryer takes the spot.
These are just a few easy recipes to inspire home cooking that you can try on an air fryer. If you’re ready to eat healthier, let’s get the family involved and make tasty meals from scratch with an air fryer.
15 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes You Need To Try
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance. Thanks to...Read More
What are the Pros and Cons of an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is probably one of the “hotkeys” in...Read More
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.