Whether you’re looking for a delicious and easy side dish, or are looking to mash them, sweet potatoes are a great and nutritious choice! Baking them in the air fryer means you can use LESS oil, and you end up with amazingly light and fluffy sweet potatoes with the perfect crispy skin!
How To Make Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Clean and dry sweet potatoes: Wash the sweet potatoes and pat them dry. Using a knife, pierce the potato several times to allow heat to reach the center.
- Coat in oil and seasonings: Season potatoes with olive oil and salt. Place in one single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 390°F for about 45 minutes. Use the classic fork test to check doneness. Serve warm with your favorite toppings!
Ultimately, the cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your potatoes. For best results, use sweet potatoes that are similar in size for even baking.
How Long Do You Cook Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer?
- Air fryer for 40-45 minutes for the perfect texture. Shake the basket at about 20 minutes. If you like them more crunchy, then add a couple of extra minutes.
- When you make these for the baby, then cut them into even smaller pieces to cook evenly.
Storing Leftover Sweet Potatoes
Air fryer sweet potatoes are the perfect candidate for quick lunches or dinners throughout the week. To keep them fresh, transfer leftovers to an airtight container in one single layer so they don’t get smashed. Then transfer to the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Why Should Use An Air Fryer For Sweet potatoes?
- Save 70-80% of oil: By most measures, air frying is healthier than frying in oil. It cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has a lot less fat. So it is good for health, especially for people with cardiovascular disease, obesity.
- Your cooking becomes faster and more efficient with an air fryer. Thanks to the hot circulating air. No need to pre-heat, within minutes you can have your easy meal.
- Flexible and All-In-One kitchen appliances: you can use it to make a diverse variety of foods, such as fry, roast, bake, grill, broil, and stir fry…all in one, in some models. This handy gadget can make pretty much everything, from appetizers to main dishes—and even desserts.
- Healthier meals without sacrificing taste: Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying requires just a tablespoon of oil, you can still get a similar texture without all the grease, calories and cook healthier food.
- There’s little clean-up and less splattering of oil while cooking.
- Air Filter: Some air fryers are built with an integrated air filter so your home won’t smell like the deep fat fryer for hours afterward. You can now enjoy your fresh kitchen smell before, during, and after using your air fryer.
- Heating leftovers: the air fryer is perfect for reheating foods to get a crispy texture such as pizza, chicken tenders, or anything that could use quick crisp without turning on the big oven.
- Cooking frozen foods: you can really take food straight from the freezer and cook it in the air fryer. Just like that. Here’s our crazy awesome list to get you started with frozen foods in the air fryer.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
I used my Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer for this recipe. It takes the least amount of preheating time making cooking delightfully fast. Quick healthy yet tasty dishes using very little oil. The one-touch controls make it easy to air frying, roasting, baking, and reheating, with no fuss or mess. 4 built-in smart cooking programs (air fry, bake, reheat, and roast) help you breeze through cook-time, and you can say goodbye to kitchen clutter. Experience all the crispy flavor of deep-fried cooking every time with minimum grease or oil. Get delightfully crispiness on the outside, tender and juicy results on the inside without drying out the moisture.
We tested a few top models to see which one stands out from the rest of the pack. If you are looking for a best air fryer, use this guide to find out which machine is perfect for you.
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
Depending on your cooking skills and how often you plan to prepare meals, snacks and desserts, the larger air fryer may be the best option for your small or large family. Otherwise, please use this chart as a guide:
1.5 to 2.5 liter
Snacks, sides and mains
3.0 to 6.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains and complete meals
6.5 to 12.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains, complete meals, whole chickens and batch cooking
Wash sweet potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels. Pierce the potatoes with a knife or a fork several times.
Coat each potato with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place them in one single layer in your air fryer basket.
Air fry at 390°F for about 45 minutes. Cooking time may need to be adjusted based on the size of your potatoes. Test with a fork to gauge doneness. Serve right away.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.