Air Fryer French Fries take only 15 minutes to cook. These French fries come out perfectly golden and crisp while only use 1 teaspoon of oil …just another reason to love your air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer French Fries
**scroll down for full ingredients list and recipes below**
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Soak French fries in cold water for at least 20 minutes
- Drain off the water, and pat dry with a tissue. Toss fries with a bit of oil and salt.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil and place fries into the air fryer. The amount depends on the capacity.
- Cook fries at 400°F for 17-20 minutes. Shake fries every 05 minutes during the cooking process to prevent them from sticking together.
- Season French fries with a little more salt and serve with your favorite sauce.
- Starting at a lower temperature ensures the potatoes come out tender. Increasing the temperature gives them a crispier texture.
- Season these however you like, but I like to wait till the end to add salt.
How Long Do You Cook French Fries In The Air Fryer?
Air Fryer French Fries take only 15 minutes to cook. They will satisfy your craving for fries, while being made without all the greasy oils.
Why Should Use An Air Fryer?
- Save 70-80% of oil: By most measures, air frying is healthier than frying in oil. It cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has a lot less fat. So it is good for health, especially for people with cardiovascular disease, obesity.
- Your cooking becomes faster and more efficient with an air fryer. Thanks to the hot circulating air. No need to pre-heat, within minutes you can have your easy meal.
- Flexible and All-In-One kitchen appliances: you can use it to make a diverse variety of foods, such as fry, roast, bake, grill, broil, and stir fry…all in one, in some models. This handy gadget can make pretty much everything, from appetizers to main dishes—and even desserts.
- Healthier meals without sacrificing taste: Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying requires just a tablespoon of oil, you can still get a similar texture without all the grease, calories and cook healthier food.
- There’s little clean-up and less splattering of oil while cooking.
- Air Filter: Some air fryers are built with an integrated air filter so your home won’t smell like the deep fat fryer for hours afterward. You can now enjoy your fresh kitchen smell before, during, and after using your air fryer.
- Heating leftovers: the air fryer is perfect for reheating foods to get a crispy texture such as pizza, chicken tenders, or anything that could use quick crisp without turning on the big oven.
- Cooking frozen foods: you can really take food straight from the freezer and cook it in the air fryer. Just like that. Here’s our crazy awesome list to get you started with frozen foods in the air fryer.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
My favorite Air Fryer is COSORI Air Fryer Max XL 5.8 Quart. It cooks food quickly with a reduced amount of oil and fumes that comes with traditional deep drying. Make your favorite fried foods with the same crispy, delicious flavor using little to no oil. Whether your food is fresh or frozen, you can air fry chicken wings, chicken breast, sweet potatoes, steak, fresh fries, and many more at the touch of a button. When you’re done, cleanup is just as easy with nonstick and dishwasher-safe baskets.
Instead of making you read through all the air fryer reviews on the internet, we’ve compiled a list of our favorites. Here, you’ll find the best air fryers, from premium models to more compact options designed for smaller kitchens.
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
Understanding the air fryer sizes and capacity they hold is great information for a quality purchase. Use this chart as a guide to choose the perfect air fryer which fits with your family.
1.5 to 2.5 liter
Snacks, sides and mains
3.0 to 6.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains and complete meals
6.5 to 12.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains, complete meals, whole chickens and batch cooking
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Soak French fries in cold water for at least 20 minutes.
Drain off the water, and pat dry with a tissue. Toss fries with a bit of oil and salt.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place the French fries inside of the air fryer, and cook for 15 minutes at 400°F
Every 5 minutes, open the air fryer and shake the basket to check for doneness or until golden brown and crisp, 13 to 15 minutes
Season French fries with a little more salt and serve with your favorite sauce.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.