Air Fryer Salmon is juicy, tender and full of flavor. Salmon is so good, especially when it’s cooked right, and the Air Fryer makes it perfect every time. It’s an easy hands off way to make a scrumptious meal.
How To Make Air Fryer Salmon
- Brush melted butter over the surface of salmon fillets.
- Combine together paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Generously sprinkle the mixture over the top of the filets.
- Arrange salmon in air fryer basket. Set air fryer to 390° and cook for 10 minutes, depending on the size of fillets.
- Check for doneness. The internal temperature should reach 145°F and fish will easily flake with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy with fresh lemon, fresh dill and parsley.
- Both fresh and frozen salmon works for this recipe. Thaw the frozen salmon before cooking. Salmon should be clean brightly colored and free from soft spots or discolorations.
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels to help the seasonings stick to the salmon. Then press the seasonings into the salmon so it stays on the salmon before it is placed in the fryer basket.
- Using non-stick cooking spray and a foil in the basket. Salmon skin likes to stick so the foil will really help with clean up.
- Check the salmon early to make sure you don’t over cook it. You do not want to over cook salmon. Using a meat thermometer check the thickest part of the salmon. The internal temp should be 145 degrees F. Remove from the air fryer immediately, it will continue to cook if left in the basket.
How Long Do You Cook Salmon In The Air Fryer?
In just under 10 minutes, the air fryer will spit out some pretty amazing salmon.
Why Should Use An Air Fryer For Salmon?
- Salmon is delicious in the air fryer. With little to no oil, the salmon skin is ultra crispy and the top layer forms a lovely crust.
- For the fastest meal ever, turn to your air fryer. This salmon cooks in just 10 minutes and comes out perfectly crust on the outside, while the inside remains juicy.
- Flexible and All-In-One kitchen appliances: you can use it to make a diverse variety of foods, such as fry, roast, bake, grill, broil, and stir fry…all in one, in some models. This handy gadget can make pretty much everything, from appetizers to main dishes—and even desserts.
- Healthier meals without sacrificing taste: Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying requires just a tablespoon of oil, you can still get a similar texture without all the grease, calories and cook healthier food.
- There’s little clean-up and less splattering of oil while cooking.
- Air Filter: Some air fryers are built with an integrated air filter so your home won’t smell like the deep fat fryer for hours afterward. You can now enjoy your fresh kitchen smell before, during, and after using your air fryer.
- Heating leftovers: the air fryer is perfect for reheating foods to get a crispy texture such as pizza, chicken tenders, or anything that could use quick crisp without turning on the big oven.
- Cooking frozen foods: you can really take food straight from the freezer and cook it in the air fryer. Just like that. Here’s our crazy awesome list to get you started with frozen foods in the air fryer.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
In recent years, the world of air frying has exploded. I was an air fryer skeptic, but now it’s the only thing that gets me excited about cooking. The COSORI Air Fryer Max XL 5.8 Quarth has worked wonders for me. I have been using this air fryer for over a year and I love the appliance. It has a lot of presets for common foods (chicken tender/ wings, French fries, shrimp, steak, bacon, etc.), which helps take the guesswork out of how long to cook certain things. It’s also super easy to clean, so no complaints there.
Moreover, there are so many air fryers on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. Here’s our favorites
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
You’ll definitely want to factor in the size or capacity when choosing an air fryer. Air fryers typically have a capacity printed on the box measured in liters. It can be tough to visualize what this translates to in serving size. Use this chart as a guide:
1.5 to 2.5 liter
Snacks, sides and mains
3.0 to 6.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains and complete meals
6.5 to 12.0 liter
Snacks, sides, mains, complete meals, whole chickens and batch cooking
Brush melted butter over the surface of salmon fillets
Combine together paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Generously sprinkle the mixture over the top of the filets.
Arrange salmon in air fryer basket. Set air fryer to 390° and cook for 10 minutes, depending on the size of fillets.
Check for doneness. The internal temperature should reach 145°F and fish will easily flake with a fork.
Serve and enjoy with fresh lemon, fresh dill, and parsley.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.