- 3/4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar – firmly packed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup flour, all-porpuse
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease baking sheets. Place sheets of foil on counter top for cooling cookies.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk, honey and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins, walnuts and apples.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- All Post
- Electric Mixer
Easter Lamb Cake is a traditional dessert that is often served during the Easter holiday season. The cake is shaped…
Roti is a type of flatbread that is popular in many parts of South Asia. Making roti dough can be…
Yield: 40 cookies Ingredients: 2 ½ cups all-purpose, unbleached flour ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder 2 tsp baking powder 1…
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.