Ground pecans, cornmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder and sea salt are whisked together in mixing bowl. Whole milk, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract are combined in small bowl.
Dry ingredients and wet ingredients are combined. Pancake batter poured onto hot griddle. Individual pancakes cooked until golden brown and served with favorite syrup.
- 1-1/2 cups Blue or Yellow Cornmeal1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour1 tablespoon Non-Aluminum Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Pecans (optional)
- 1-3/4 Milk
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place the pecans in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs, being careful not to over-grind.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground pecans, cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups milk, oil and extract.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add additional milk if necessary to create a batter that can be easily poured.
- Heat a griddle until a drop of water sizzles on top.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on top of the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form on top.
- Flip the pancake over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with favorite syrup for dipping.
Pancake Making Tips -Uniform Pancakes
Pancakes that are the same size cook more evenly. Uniform pancakes also ensure the batter will not run out before the last person is fed. To create same-sized pancakes, use a ¼ cup measuring cup to pour batter onto the skillet or griddle. An ice cream scoop or gravy ladle will also produce standardized pancakes.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
Blueberries pureed with sour cream and sugar, and set aside. Whole milk and ginger heated together and cooled. Egg and…
Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 35 min Ready in: 50 min What did you think first about an egg? An…
I found a recipe for a raw apple sauce on www.laurelonhealthfood.com. I had my little girl make it for dessert one…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.