Bread Machine Panettone is a sweet Italian bread that is traditionally enjoyed during the holiday season. It is a light and airy bread with a delicate crumb and a sweet flavor that is typically flavored with citrus zest and raisins or other dried fruits.
Making Panettone can be a challenging task, but using a bread machine can simplify the process and help you achieve a delicious result.
Whether you’re an experienced bread baker or a novice, Bread Machine Panettone is a festive and impressive bread that is sure to impress your friends and family during the holiday season.
Why should you use a bread machine for Panettone?
Using a bread machine to make Panettone can be a convenient and efficient way to achieve a delicious result. Here are a few reasons why you might want to use a bread machine:
- Time-saving: Making Panettone can be a lengthy process that involves several rounds of kneading, resting, and rising. Using a bread machine eliminates the need for these steps, allowing you to save time and effort.
- Consistent results: Bread machines are designed to mix, knead, rise, and bake bread automatically, ensuring that the bread is cooked evenly and consistently every time.
- Controlled environment: Bread machines provide a controlled environment for the dough to rise and bake. This can be especially helpful in climates with variable humidity, where it can be difficult to achieve consistent results when baking bread by hand.
- No special equipment needed: Making Panettone traditionally involves a special tall cylindrical mold. With a bread machine, you can achieve the same result without needing this special equipment.
- Easier to handle sticky dough: Panettone dough can be quite sticky and difficult to handle. Using a bread machine to mix and knead the dough can make this process much easier and less messy.
Overall, using a bread machine for making Panettone can be a convenient and hassle-free option that can save time and effort while still producing delicious and consistent results.
How to make Panettone in a bread machine
Here’s a recipe for making Panettone in a bread machine:
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel
- Add the warm milk, butter, eggs, egg yolks, bread flour, sugar, yeast, honey, vanilla extract, salt, and lemon zest to the bread machine pan, in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the dough setting and start the bread machine.
- When the machine beeps, add the raisins and candied orange peel to the dough and knead for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine pan and shape it into a ball.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a round ball. Place it in a 6-inch tall paper panettone mold or a greased 6-inch round cake pan.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Use a sharp knife to score a cross on the top of the dough.
- Bake the Panettone in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the Panettone from the oven and let it cool in the mold for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and serve the Panettone with butter or your favorite spreads.
Enjoy your freshly baked Panettone made in the bread machine!
Tips for making Panettone in a bread machine
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect Panettone in a bread machine:
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh ingredients will yield a better-tasting Panettone. Make sure your yeast is not expired and your eggs, butter, and milk are fresh.
- Follow the recipe: Bread machines have specific instructions for adding ingredients, so make sure to follow the recipe and add ingredients in the order specified.
- Be patient: Panettone is a bread that requires patience. Letting the dough rise properly is key to achieving a light and airy texture.
- Don’t overmix the dough: Overmixing the dough can result in a dense and heavy Panettone. Make sure to stop the bread machine once the dough is mixed and allow it to rest and rise.
- Use the right pan: If you don’t have a Panettone mold, you can use a 6-inch round cake pan. Just make sure to grease it well to prevent sticking.
- Score the dough: Scoring the dough with a cross before baking it will help it rise evenly and give it an attractive appearance.
- Don’t open the oven while baking: Opening the oven can cause the Panettone to collapse. Avoid opening the oven door while baking, and only check for doneness towards the end of the baking time.
- Let it cool before slicing: Letting the Panettone cool before slicing will help it hold its shape and prevent it from falling apart.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and impressive Panettone in your bread machine.
- All Post
- Bread Maker Machine
Making bread flour at home using a grain mill grinder can be a great way to create fresh and high-quality…
Cinnabon is a popular bakery chain known for its delicious cinnamon rolls. While their recipe is a well-kept secret, you…
Krispy Kreme is a popular doughnut chain that is famous for their signature glazed doughnuts. If you’re a fan of…
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.