A cordless electric knife is a kitchen tool that can be used to slice meat, vegetables, and bread. It is an alternative to traditional manual kitchen knives. The cordless electric knife consists of the handle and the blade. The grip houses the battery, while the blade is made of stainless steel or carbon steel.
The cordless electric knife was invented in the early 1900s by an American inventor, Irving Naxon. The first cordless electric knife was made of two carbon rods connected by a small piece of metal. The rods were connected to a battery, which gave the blade power.
The first cordless electric knives were not very popular, as they were expensive and not very efficient. However, in the mid-1900s, cordless electric knives became more popular as they were more affordable and efficient. Today, cordless electric knives are one of the most popular kitchen tools.
Our Top Picks
What Is cordless Electric Knife?
An electric knife is a kitchen appliance used for slicing and cutting various food items. It typically consists of two serrated blades moved back and forth by a motor, creating a sawing action. This type of knife can be beneficial in preparing meals, especially when working with tougher cuts of meat or bread.
Cordless electric knives offer the same convenience as their corded counterparts but without the hassle of worrying about a power outlet. These knives are battery-operated, so you can take them anywhere in your kitchen or outside. Cordless electric knives typically come with a charging dock, so you can keep them ready to always go.
How Does Cordless Electric Knife Work?
A cordless electric knife is a highly convenient kitchen tool that can make quick work of many slicing and chopping tasks. But how does this handy appliance work?
Electric knives feature a pair of sharp blades mounted on a reciprocating saw-like mechanism. This design allows the blades to rapidly move back and forth, making it much easier to slice through tough foods like meat and bread.
Most cordless electric knives are powered by batteries, although some models come with AC adapters that can be plugged into a standard outlet. The battery-powered versions are usually more portable and can be used anywhere in the kitchen. At the same time, the AC-powered models tend to be more powerful and may be better suited for heavier-duty tasks.
When using a cordless electric knife, always keep your fingers away from the blades. The best way to do this is to hold the handle with one hand and guide the food with the other. I am using a cutting board or other surfaces that will not slip or move around while cutting is also essential.
Cordless electric knives can be a great addition to any kitchen, making quick work of many slicing and chopping tasks. Always keep your fingers away from the blades and be sure to use a cutting board or another stable surface when cutting. With a bit of practice, you will be slicing and dicing like a pro in no time!
How To Use Cordless Electric Knife
Cordless electric knives are a convenient kitchen tool that can make food preparation easier and faster. Whether carving a roast or slicing bread, a cordless electric knife can be an immense help. Here is how to use one:
- Read the instructions with your cordless electric knife carefully before using it. This will help you understand the safety features of the blade and how to use it properly.
- Ensure the knife is turned off and unplugged before you begin.
- Choose the blade you will need for the task. Some cordless electric knives come with multiple blades, each designed for a specific purpose.
- To change the blade, remove the old blade by pressing the release button and then sliding the blade out. Place the new blade in the knife, lining up the notches on the blade with the slots on the knife handle. Press the release button to lock the new blade in place.
- Plug in the cordless electric knife and turn it on.
- Hold the knife with the blade pointing down and away from you.
- Gently guide the blade through the food you are cutting. Let the knife do the work – do not force it.
- When you are finished, turn off the knife and unplug it. Remove the blade and wash it (by hand or in the dishwasher) before storing the knife.
With these simple tips, you will be able to use your cordless electric knife-like a pro in no time!
Benefits Of Using Cordless Electric Knife
When it comes to preparing food, a cordless electric knife can be a great asset to have in the kitchen. Here are some of the benefits of using one:
- Easy to use. Hold down the trigger, and the blade will start moving back and forth, making it easy to slice through even the toughest of meats.
- Safer than traditional knives. With a cordless electric knife, there is no need to worry about the blade slipping and causing injury.
- Versatile. Cordless electric knives can slice bread, meat, vegetables, and even cheese.
- Affordable. Cordless electric knives are affordable and can be found at most retail stores.
- Easy to clean. Wipe the blade down with a damp cloth after each use, and it will be good as new.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Cordless Electric Knife
When shopping for a cordless electric knife, it is essential to consider the following factors:
- Blade size: The blade size will determine how thick or thin your slices will be. A larger blade may be necessary if you plan on using your knife for cutting meat.
- Battery life: Make sure to choose a knife with a battery that will last long enough to get the job done. Electric knives can run for up to two hours on a single charge, while others may only last for 30 minutes.
- Weight and balance: A heavier knife may be more challenging to maneuver, so finding one that feels comfortable in your hand is essential. The knife’s balance is also necessary, as you don’t want a blade that is too top-heavy or bottom-heavy.
- Price: Cordless electric knives can range from around $30 to $100. Finding one that fits your budget and meets your needs is essential.
If you are looking for a convenient and easy-to-use kitchen appliance, a cordless electric knife may be the perfect option. Consider the factors listed above to find the best knife for your needs.
How to clean and maintain cordless electric knife
It is essential to clean and maintain your cordless electric knife regularly to ensure its longevity and optimal performance. Here are some tips on how to do so:
- Unplug the knife from the power source and remove the blade before cleaning.
- Wash the blade with warm, soapy water.
- Wipe the handle with a damp cloth.
- Dry the knife thoroughly before storing it.
- Store the knife in a dry, safe place out of reach of children.
Follow these tips, and your cordless electric knife will serve you well for many years!
Best Cordless Electric Knife Reviews
We have selected what we believe to be the seven best cordless electric knives. They provide value for money, and their real-world performance matches their claims. You will learn what makes each knife unique and why they deserve your attention. We will also explain what we liked and disliked about each of them to understand their actual performance better. Let’s delve into our reviews of the best cordless electric knives!
1. Best Overall: Sonic Blade Rechargeable Cordless Knife
Sonic Blade Cordless Rechargeable Knife
Let’s begin with what are likely the most popular cordless electric knives. It has a high-torque motor that allows you to cut through bones and thicker meat effortlessly. The ultra-sharp, detachable, and interchangeable blades allow precise cuts. You are receiving versatility and performance commensurate with the cost.
Nevertheless, this knife is quite expensive, but you get what you pay for. It is well-designed, and the buttons have been positioned with care. The buttons on these electric knives are frequently placed in the worst possible location, causing you to release the blade while cutting accidentally. Despite its high-powered performance, it is light.
The non-slip grip and ergonomic handle allow you to exert more control over the knife and make more precise cuts. A charging block also serves as a place to store the knife. This maintains its safety and full charge for enhanced utility. You will receive a superior quality knife and one of the most capable candidates for the best cordless electric knife.
About this item
- Cordless rechargeable knife with powerful high-torque motor
- Stainless-steel serrated blades; lightweight body; nonslip grip
- Easy-to-access power switch; integrated “safety lock”
- Charging block keeps knife fully charged; dishwasher-safe blades
- Measures approximately 10 by 8 by 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- Lightweight despite high-torque motor
- Can cut bones and very thick meat
- Blades are easy to clean and release
- Ergonomic and non-slip handle
- Batteries wear out relatively quickly and need to be replaced
- Not a very long battery life on a full charge
2. Rapala Cordless Fillet Knife Combo
R12 Heavy-Duty Lithium Fillet Knife Combo
This fillet knife is more consistent and reliable for frequent use due to the Lithium-Ion battery’s extended battery life. This knife comes with blades measuring 6″ and 7.5″. The 6″ blade is superior for precise and lighter general work. It is thinner and narrower than the 7.5-inch blade.
The larger 7.5″ blade is ideally suited for fillets with numerous bones and more significant cuts. Both blades have incredibly sharp edges, and the motor prevents them from ripping and tearing the meat. You will also receive a spare battery. This helps to extend the knife’s practical use time, though the included charger can only be used to charge one battery at a time.
We loved the handle’s texture but wished it had a more ergonomic shape. When cutting through bones or extremely tough meats and fillets, your hands and wrists may experience some strain. Aside from this, it is a great knife and one of the most popular choices for the best cordless electric knife at this price point.
About this item
- Product Type: OUTDOOR RECREATION PRODUCT
- Package quantity: 1
- No batteries required
- Package weight: 1.0 lb
- Comes with a 6” and 7.5” blade
- Can handle heavy-duty filleting and bone cutting
- Non-slip handle
- Two batteries increase the operating time
- Charging times are a little slow
- The handle isn’t the most ergonomic or comfortable for heavier cutting tasks
3. BUBBA Li-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife
BUBBA Li-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife with Non-Slip Grip Handle, 4 Ti-Nitride S.S. Coated Non-Stick Reciprocating Blades, Charger and Case for Fishing
The electric fillet knife is a cutting beast. Its more pronounced and sharper teeth effortlessly and swiftly saw through bones and meat. Despite its odd appearance, the handle is among the most comfortable in this price range. The curved spine fits well in your hand, and your fingers naturally fall into a firm grip.
There is a rubberized and ridged thumb pad to help you control the knife better and reduce wrist strain. It is a nonslip handle that will not slide even if your hands are slightly greasy. You will receive a highly durable and resistant knife that is more resistant to corrosion and scuffing than most.
Maintaining, detaching, and cleaning the knife’s components is easy. They fit snugly within the zipper case and can be quickly assembled. The battery indicator on the handle eliminates the need for guesswork when determining when the battery is running low. Here, there will be no disappointments or surprises.
The set includes four blades: a 7-inch flex blade, a 9-inch flex blade, a 9-inch stiff blade, and a 12-inch stiff blade. This represents an exceptional value for the price. The flexible blades are exact, and the rigid blades excel at sawing cleanly and precisely through bones. This is one of the most versatile options for the best cordless electric knife, as it is suitable for general use and fillets.
About this item
- Dimensions: 8.5” handle length and weighs 1.11 pounds
- Ease of use: non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a trigger guard for added security
- Durable: Dual-rivet blade design is coated in TiN stainless steel and features an ergonomic trigger
- Convenient: Blades are removable for easy cleaning and can be stored in a special section of the zippered storage case and the handle features an LED battery life indicator to ensure you always have a functioning knife
- Includes: 7” E-FLEX, 9” E-FLEX, 9” E-STIFF and 12” E-STIFF blades, wall charger, (2) lithium-ion batteries and a premium EVA case for storage and transport
- Excellent value for money
- Easy to take apart, clean, and maintain
- Two flexible and two stiff blades
- The handle is ergonomic, safe, and easy to use
- Battery life is a slight let down
- It’s a large and heavy knife (especially if you have small hands)
4. NutriChef Premium Cordless Electric Knife
Upgraded Premium NutriChef Electric Knife – 8.9" Carving Knife, Serrated Blades, Lightweight, Ergonomic Design Easy Grip, Easy Blade Removal, Great For Thanksgiving, Meat & Cheese, Black – PKELKN8
Here is a larger, high-quality 8.9-inch carving knife. It has an unusual appearance and an overhanging handle. It makes the unit considerably heavier and bulkier but gives precise blade control. You will be able to obtain skinny slices effortlessly.
The handle’s design keeps your hand away from the motor and prevents accidental button activation. Once we grew accustomed to the knife’s unique profile and innovation, we adored how simple it was to use. You would be amazed at how quickly the knife cuts through meat and bones. The blades are corrosion and rust resistant and are simple to remove and clean.
The blade can be snapped back with one hand and a single motion. The user experience is surprisingly straightforward for an electric knife in this price range. This knife is dependable and practical, from the button arrangement to the ergonomic handle and simple blade removal.
About this item
- Simple Button Operation Plug it In and Cut it Up!
- 8. 9” Stainless Steel Cutting Blade Removable Blade
- Extra Sharp Grooved Serrated Knife Edge
- Simple Button Control Operation Perfect for Meats, Turkey, Chicken, Steak, Pork Food Prep & Cutting Made
- Easy Hassle-Free Electric Cutlery Stain Resistant
- Housing Lightweight & Ergonomic Power
- Ergonomic handle makes the knife easy to control
- Capable of cutting through bones and other heavy-duty cutting
- Simple to maintain and clean
- Simple to maintain and clean
- A little on the heavy and bulky side
- Not the most versatile electric knife
5. Berkley Cordless Fillet Knife
Berkley Fillet Knife Deluxe Electric with Stndrd/Vehicle Plg/Bttry Clips/Case, Red/Blk
Perhaps our favorite aspect of this knife is the carrying case. It is unusual to find something similar in this price range. The knife is simple to disassemble and fits within the bag. It is best suited for occasional use and would make a great gift. We believe it would be an excellent knife for special and Thanksgiving dinners.
You will receive a narrow blade that can make minor, precise cuts while remaining robust enough to handle heavier cutting. We were impressed by the battery life of this knife. It is superior to most electric knives in its price range. The recharge times are shorter, and the capacity is excellent.
The user-friendliness of this knife makes it an excellent option for first-time buyers. This is a perfect starting point if you want an electric knife but don’t want to spend a fortune. It’s not a high-end electric knife but a great value and starting point. This cordless electric knife is ideally suited for filleting and should not be used to cut through tough or dense bones.
About this item
- 8″ stainless steel blades resist corrosion
- Side release buttons prevent accidental blade release during operation
- Runs on 110-volt power for maximum performance
- Includes carrying case
- Lightweight and beginner-friendly
- Very accurate
- Longer battery life and shorter charging times
- The large 8.9” blade is very sharp
- Long term durability isn’t fantastic
- The blade isn’t very resistant to rust and corrosion
6. Waring Commercial Cordless Electric Knife
Waring Commercial WEK200 Cordless Rechargeable Electric Knife w/Bread and Carving Blades, Includes Case, 120V, 5-15 Phase Plug
The process of slicing turkey or any other poultry meat is simple. The knife is well-balanced and does not cause hand or wrist strain. The blade’s razor-sharp serrated edge and the ergonomic handle make up for the knife’s slight heft. There is an LED light to help you see what you’re cutting more clearly.
Although it is not the most useful feature, it can be helpful when working in low light, slicing thin slices, or working around bones. The quick charge feature will allow you to reach a full charge in no time. It significantly heats the battery, so you may want to give it a few minutes to cool down.
Everything can fit in the case provided. It is of high quality and allows little internal movement. You won’t have to worry about taking it on trips or storing it for an extended period. This is one of the best options for a practical, efficient, and no-nonsense cordless electric knife.
About this item
- 15 Inches
- Cordless, rechargeable and portable
- Ergonomic handle minimizes fatigue
- Adjustable slicing guide ensures a consistent cut
- Detachable blades for easy cleaning
- CULUS, ETL Sanitation
- Fast charging saves time
- Hard storage case provided
- Can carve very thin slices
- Good durability and robustness
- Quite expensive compared to other similarly designed electric knives
- The battery heats a fair bit when fast charging
7. Rapala Deluxe Cordless Knife
Here is yet another best cordless electric knife that provides excellent value. The package contains two rechargeable battery packs. They charge quickly and have a long run time. The knife is equipped with two blades. The 6″ blade is more flexible and can cut more precisely and promptly. The 7.5-inch blade is more suited to heavy-duty cutting tasks and meats of greater thickness (and some bones).
The slots on the handle’s side facilitate airflow and keep the hold cool. This is a frequently neglected topic, so we are pleased to see it addressed here. The knife’s handle is ergonomic and proportional to the knife’s overall weight. If you have small hands, getting a firm grip on it may be challenging because its base is a bit thick.
The buttons are positioned relatively well but can occasionally be a nuisance. The blade can be removed, replaced, or cleaned without difficulty or difficulty. They snap into place with ease and feel very sturdy. This may be the best option if you’re looking for a reliable battery-powered knife and have a limited budget.
About this item
- Relaxed Grip Body
- Includes Adapters for 110V AC, 12V Post Clips & 12V Lighter Plug
- Advanced Air Flow Design
- Quiet Long-Lasting Motor
- 18 Foot Power Cord
- Blades: Stainless Steel.
- Well-balanced and easy to cut with
- A thinner and more flexible 6” blade is very accurate
- Quick charge time and enhanced battery life (2-batteries)
- The handle has airflow slots to keep it cooled
- The handle is a little too thick for small hands
- Power trigger doesn’t feel too comfortable for extended use
8. Cuisinart Cordless Electric Knife
This rechargeable knife is manufactured by one of the most renowned knife manufacturers. Thus, there is little cause for complaint. It features a powerful motor and two stainless steel blades for various applications. The serrated blade is for quickly and precisely slicing bread, while the straight blade is for cutting vegetables and fruits.
Two lithium-ion batteries power the knife for twenty minutes of uninterrupted cutting performance. A safety lock protects against misfortune. The knife’s grip-enhancing handles and durable carrying case make it easy to use and transport.
- Cordless and rechargeable, 20-minute run time per charge
- Ergonomic design is comfortable in either hand
- Easy-to-use, one-touch on/off operation
- 30-minute quick-charge feature
- Two 3.9-volt lithium-Ion batteries, AC adapter included
- Easy to clean
- Two blades (straight and serrated) included
- Safety lock
- Very costly
9. Best Cheap Cordless Electric Knife: Elite Gourmet EK9810
Elite Gourmet EK9810 Professional Cordless Rechargeable Easy-Slice Electric Knife with 4 Serrated Blades and Safety Lock Trigger Release, Carving Meats, Poultry, Bread, Black
The Elite Gourmet EK9810 has a detachable charging cable that allows easy movement around the kitchen without a cumbersome power cord. It requires only 1.5 hours to charge for 70 minutes of continuous use fully. Additionally, this electric knife has four stainless steel blades with safety finger guards that are ideal for slicing meats and bread.
It can be used to carve the ham, turkey, loaves of bread, tomatoes, and craft foam for do-it-yourself projects. The electric knife has a simple one-touch button that enables safe activation and disconnects power when the trigger is released. It is lightweight and straightforward, allowing you to hold the electric knife while carving large quantities of food or other items. Moreover, it is dishwasher safe.
About this item
- 7.75 Inches
- Rechargeable Cordless Handle
- Four Stainless Steel Blades
- Multipurpose Use
- Easy One-touch Trigger
- Lightweight Design
- Easy to Use
- It Cuts Really Well
- Choice of Blades Very Useful
- The handle became quite slippery, and I had to wipe it off frequently
Cordless Electric Knife - FAQs
Cordless electric knives offer several advantages over traditional manual knives. They are much easier to use and can make quick work of even the toughest cuts of meat. They also offer a more consistent cut, which can be important when preparing food for large groups.
Cordless electric knives do have some downsides. They can be more expensive than manual knives, and they require batteries to operate. Additionally, they may not be as sharp as manual knives, and they can be more difficult to control.
How do I choose the best cordless electric knife for my needs?
When choosing a cordless electric knife, it is important to consider your needs. If you plan to use the knife for large cuts of meat, you will need a powerful model that can handle the tough cuts. If you plan to use the knife for more delicate tasks, such as slicing bread, you will need a model that is more lightweight and easier to control. Additionally, you will need to decide if you want a corded or cordless model. Cordless models are more convenient, but they may not be as powerful as corded models.
Cordless electric knives require minimal maintenance. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before using the knife and follow all safety precautions. After each use, wipe the blade with a clean cloth and store the knife in a safe place. If the knife is not going to be used for an extended period, remove the batteries, and store them in a cool, dry place.
As you can see, there are many things to consider when purchasing a cordless electric knife. We hope our buying guide has helped you narrow your choices and find the best option for your needs.
Do you have any experience with using a cordless electric knife? Share your thoughts and recommendations in the comments section below!
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.