Food processors are commonly used to prepare fruits, vegetables, nuts or meat ingredients prior to adding them to recipes. Food processors save time, energy and repetitive wrist or forearem stress by making chopping, slicing and grating as easy as pushing a button. Follow these food processing tips when preparing the following foods:
- Chop fresh fruits or vegetables – First, peel, core, and remove any seeds. For easier processing, cut the fruit or vegetable into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces. Use the pulse button to process the food to your desired size.
- Puree previously cooked fruits and vegetables – For the easiest pureeing, add up to 1/4 cup of water, milk, marinade or other liquids per cup of food being processed. Use the pulse button to chop the food. Then continuously process the food until it reaches a smooth, fine, pureed texture.
- Prepare mashed potatoes – First boil the potatoes. Then use the food processor’s shredding disc to cut the hot potatoes. Next add soft butter, milk, and desired salt, pepper or other seasonings to the shredded potatoes. Use the processor’s multi purpose blade and pulse the mixture until it is smooth and the milk and butter are fully mixed in.
- Chop citrus peel – Use a sharp knife to peel a portion from the citrus fruit. Do not include the white membrane between the peel and the fruit. This membrane is sour. Next, cut the peel into smaller strips. Process the peel until it is finely chopped.
- Chop nuts or make nut butters – Use short pulses to process up to 2 to 3 cups of nuts per time. Pulse to the desired texture. To make nut butters, process the nuts continuously until smooth. Nut butters need to be stored in a refrigerator.
- Chop cooked or raw meat, poultry or seafood – The food should be processed when very cold. First cut the food into 1 inch pieces then process using short pulses, 1 to 2 seconds each time.
- Make bread crumbs with a food processor
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
When it comes to making delicious and healthy meals, a food processor is an essential kitchen appliance. But with so…
Anyone who has ever tried to make dough by hand knows that it can be a real pain. Not only…
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to make your own nut butter. You’re trying to avoid…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.