The key to this homemade tomato pizza sauce is the fresh garlic and red wine vinegar that delivers strong Italian aromas throughout your home when it begins to cook on the pizza. Using this sauce on a pizza stone is ideal as the high heat from the stone evaporates the moister from the sauce leaving a sauce with a deep depth of taste. The sauce keeps well in the fridge for up to one week and can be frozen for several months.
425g of Pizza Sauce – enough for 1 x Chicago Deep Pan or 2/3 12” Round Pizza Bases.
- 400g Quality Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 Medium Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Pour the tomatoes into a large mixing bowl and slightly puree using a hand blender until smooth. If the tomatoes are heavily seeded use a hand masher to avoid breaking the seeds, as this will make the sauce bitter. (tip: add a 1-2 teaspoons of granulated sugar for a sweeter taste if required)
- Grate to garlic cloves into the tomato puree and then add the Red Wine Vinegar.
- Mix the black pepper, sea salt, Oregano and Basil together before adding to the puree mixture.
- Stir well all the ingredients together and then decant into a bowl and cover. The sauce may be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week if required.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
When it comes to saving space, cordless immersion blenders are one of the most effective options. A cordless immersion blender…
An immersion blender is a little bit of a misnomer because it is not designed to be used in the…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.