I have posted a form of this smoothie some time back, but just had to do it again since this was our featured smoothie of the day!
It was requested by one of my children!
We drink a lot of smoothies in our house, but it’s on a rare occasion that one is actually asked for.
One of our first green smoothies, back when I was blending in my first blender…the Magic Bullet, was an excellent blend of lemon and fresh ginger. I had never used fresh ginger before blending it, by the way. And the Bullet did an okay job of blending the greens. It must have been more than okay if this smoothie recipe had such an impression on my children.
Lemons and ginger and greens are high in disease fighting nutrients and contain immune boosting properties. You can’t go wrong with this trio.
I just had to ask my little one exactly which green smoothie was she asking for.
“You know, Mamma, the one with lemons and ginger.” Oh, right… I had to check real quick to make sure I had all of the required ingredients.
Ripe bananas, three left, check!
Greens growing in my Earth Box, check!
(If anyone can identify the greens growing at the bottom of the picture and the two on the left side of the box, please let me know. It is an unidentified green. We are thinking, maybe spinach? We have never grown spinach. It’s from an heirloom seed. Thanks)
Water – and a little kefir for good measure, check!
(Notice the separation of my kefir above, in the back ground. Curds on top, whey on bottom.)
- I filled the pitcher with water and a few tablespoons of kefir and the washed lettuce from the Earth Box.
- Then I tossed in two peeled bananas. I then made a mental note to go buy more bananas today!
- I cut one lemon in half and cut the rinds off, then tossed the peeled lemon in, seeds and all.
- I cut 1 inch of fresh ginger and peeled it. Tossed it in too.
- I used the ‘Whole Juice’ button on my Blendtec to make sure all of the lemon and ginger got blended well.
- Then I tossed in some ice to make it cold. I used the ‘Smoothie’ button to blend the ice. Absolutely no lumps. This is one huge difference between using the Magic Bullet and the Blendtec. No lumps. I love it, and so do my children.
- Before I even realized it, their little cups were empty. A beautiful thing!
Our Favorite Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 tablespoons kefir (optional)
- 1 cup greens
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- Add all the ingredients into your blender pitcher, except the ice. Blend.
- Add ice and blend again.
- Makes 3 to 3 1/2 cups.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
No matter if you’re blending bananas and berries for smoothies or whipping up a pitcher of frozen margaritas, a good…
Fruits and vegetables are a delicious and exciting way to get healthy nutrients into your body and help develop better…
An immersion blender is a little bit of a misnomer because it is not designed to be used in the…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.