This classic New York Style pizza dough is noted for its airy pockets and slight toughness or pull to the bite. The New York crust is ideal for eating while on the move and folds in half without cracking.
1 x 12” Pizza
- 85mls Water, cool
- ¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vital Wheat Gluten (optional)
- 125g White Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- Combine the water, sugar and yeast in a medium sized mixing bowl and then let it stand for 5 minutes until the ingredients are dissolved.
- Combine the bread flour, salt and vital wheat gluten in a separate bowl and mix with a spatula until all the ingredients are combined.
- Now add the bread flour mixture from the separate bowl to top of water along with olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients together using a spatula until there are no clumps of dry flour and the mixture is smooth.
- Place the dough in a proofing bowl and cover, let it rise for approximately 1 hour at room temperature.
- Remove the dough from the bowl. Stretch and fold in half twice. Repeat this 2-3 times more until the dough won’t stretch easily without tearing.
- Return the dough to the proofing bowl for 20 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
- Remove the dough from the bowl again and create the final shaping of the dough ball by gently stretching the sides of the dough ball toward the bottom to create a taut surface around the outside of the dough ball with the seam being pulled to the bottom and pinched together.
- Lightly dust the dough ball in flour and lightly flour the bottom of a proofing container. Place dough, seam side down into the proofing bowl again and cover.
- Place the proofing container in the fridge for one to three days until your ready to make a pizza.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.