Presto is an entry-level brand that manufactures several incredibly popular stovetop pressure cookers. I’ve enumerated and evaluated their five units below. Presto’s low-priced pots are ideal for beginning cooks and young families.
Not only does Presto manufacture an assortment of affordable pressure cookers and canners, but its products are also trendy. They are among the most popular pressure cookers on the market today.
Although Presto cookers are not as stylish or durable as some high-end models from other brands, they are still known for producing safe, user-friendly cookware.
Their smaller pressure cookers range in size from 4 to 8 quarts and are available in stainless steel and aluminum at a lower cost. They also have a sizeable 23-quart pressure canner, which I describe in greater detail below.
If you are looking for an inexpensive pressure cooker that gets the job done with little flash or fanfare, then this line is for you. My reviews of the Presto line of pressure cookers are provided below.
Our Top Picks
What Is A Pressure Cooker?
A pressure cooker is an airtight vessel that uses steam to cook food rapidly, be it an electric appliance or a piece of cookware. By heating a small quantity of liquid within a closed container, you can create steam that cannot escape. This steam buildup will increase the vessel’s temperature and pressure, ultimately cooking the food inside.
Why Should You Buy A Pressure Cooker?
Pressure cooking was conceived for the first time in the 17th century. This cooking technique has changed significantly since then. However, the benefits of pressure cooking have remained relatively unchanged over time.
But, despite the long history of this cooking method, is a pressure cooker truly necessary? Almost certainly not. You could likely prepare many of the same foods and recipes without purchasing a pressure cooker. However, owning one has numerous advantages, and it will significantly improve your daily meals.
1. You will save time.
This has always been the most excellent selling point for pressure cooker ownership. Many of your favorite dishes can be prepared in less time than other cooking methods. In contrast to the 30 to 60 minutes required to cook soaked beans on the stove, a pressure cooker will have them ready in less than 10 minutes.
2. More nutrients will be retained in your food
According to research, pressure cooking can help preserve many of the vitamins and nutrients in various foods. Arguably, this cooking method is superior to all others in nutrient retention. Since pressure cookers cook food more quickly and retain more liquids, you receive more nutritional benefits from the foods you consume.
3. It benefits the environment.
The cooking time savings result in energy savings as well. A pressure cooker will take considerably less time than a stovetop or oven, resulting in less energy consumption. In terms of total cooking time, a microwave may be able to cook faster. Still, it typically requires more energy to operate and results in food of inferior quality due to the destruction of nutrients. Using a pressure cooker can reduce the time and energy needed for each recipe while maintaining the quality and nutritional value of the food.
4. It requires less cleaning.
With a pressure cooker, you can eliminate several additional cooking vessels. Many recipes require combining ingredients in the unit, leaving you only the cutting board, knife, and blender to clean.
5. Your food will have greater flavor
A pressure cooker utilizes the liquids in the pot rather than allowing them to evaporate and take with them some of the flavors. The food itself absorbs your flavors. This leaves you with a delicious and savory meal, preserving the vitamins and nutrients and delightful flavors.
5. Relax. modern pressure cookers are safe
And if you are concerned about old tales of pressure cookers exploding, you need not worry. Yes, it has occurred in numerous kitchens, but as technology advances, pressure cookers have become increasingly safer. With many brands producing these devices, consumer demand has necessitated safety innovations, making them as safe as other cooking methods. These small appliances are as safe as your oven or stove when appropriately used.
Select Suitable Pressure Cooker Size
The size of the pressure cooker you’ll need does not depend on what you’ll be cooking but on how many people and how frequently you’ll be cooking.
- A standard pressure cooker of 3 to 5 liters will suffice for a small family of 3 to 4 who cook frequently.
- A larger/joint family of 5 or more people will require a 5- to a 9-liter pressure cooker.
- If you are cooking for one or preparing baby food, 1-1.5 liters is the ideal size.
The size is crucial when purchasing a pressure cooker; slightly smaller will require you to cook food more than two or three times, wasting fuel and time.
A larger than the necessary size would burn more fuel and spend more time on flame, necessitating more outstanding cleaning efforts and reducing lifespan.
Considerations When Purchasing a Pressure Cooker
A pressure cooker is necessary for the kitchen if you want to cook food more quickly. In other words, if you dislike purchasing it, you will eventually risk not having food prepared in time for your guests. No wonder pressure cooking has become an integral part of every traditional and modern kitchen in the world. Here are some factors to consider when purchasing a pressure cooker.
Gone are the days when pressure cookers were considered a standard kitchen appliance. The pressure cooker has returned to prominence with improved safety features and the ability to cook food at high temperatures. Therefore, the necessity of having a pressure cooker in the home cannot be questioned. You’ve come to the right place if you’ve been looking for some quick tips on how to buy it and find the right one.
Before moving on, let’s examine the various types of pressure cookers:
Stove Pressure Cooker
As the name implies, you have control over the temperature with this stove, as with any other standard stove. If you’re looking for the highest quality cooker, it’s recommended that you opt for stainless steel. However, aluminum pressure cookers are also gaining popularity because they are inexpensive but less durable. In addition, aluminum reacts with acidic foods, so there is a chance of hearing a small explosion in the kitchen.
Electric Pressure Cooker
As a result of the rapid development of technology, electric pressure cookers are now equipped with programmable features and cooking functions of the highest caliber. For your information, the best electric cookers can quickly cook rice and yogurt and regulate the heat transfer to the food being prepared. However, you must exercise caution when selecting the kitchen benchtop. When preparing multiple dishes, many individuals use them to rest the cooker. Here, we advise purchasing Kitchen Benchtops from Kaboodle for the highest quality home materials.
The Features to Consider
Now that you understand the available pressure cookers, you may proceed. Here are some safety features you should search for:
- Cover Locking: This is an essential factor to consider when purchasing a pressure cooker. Cover locking will prevent the cooker from exploding on a person even if the pot lid is not tightly secured.
- Steam Baskets: They are also dividers and allow for the simultaneous cooking of multiple dishes.
- A Lid with the Quick-Release Valve: This is done to release the steam from the pressure cooker rapidly.
- Pressure Indicator: This alert you if the contents are still under pressure during the cooking process.
How to Select the Best Presto Pressure Cooker
Although there is no best pressure cooker, it is recommended that you read customer reviews before purchasing one. It would be best if you did not decide to buy from a particular platform unless you are confident in the reviews provided by customers. Determine your needs and determine which pressure cooker will assist you in preparing the most frequently consumed foods.
Presto Pressure Cooker Reviews
You will find summaries of my reviews for all currently available Presto pressure cookers. In addition to these brief reviews, I’ve included links to each product’s sales page for additional information and pricing and to my detailed review page.
1. Best Overall: Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
The Presto 1781 pressure canner is an excellent introduction to pressure canning. It is large enough to do a substantial amount of home canning but costs significantly less than comparable canners from other brands. This beginner pressure canner is my favorite because it comes with a canning kit bundle, so you don’t have to make any additional purchases to get started canning, despite its low price. This unit resembles canners of comparable size.
Heavy-gauge aluminum is used in its construction, and previous customers appear to be highly pleased with this purchase. Click above for pricing information or the link to read my complete review of the Presto 01781 23-Quart pressure Canner.
They are designed for effortless and secure home pressure canning. Canning is the only safe method recommended for preserving meats, vegetables, poultry, and seafood.
Included is a comprehensive 80-page instruction/recipe book. It has simple instructions for canning and pressure cooking, as well as recipes and processing times. In addition, a canning/cooking rack is included.
- The only method recommended safe by the US Department of Agriculture for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood
- Doubles as a boiling-water canner for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa; Handy as a large capacity pressure cooker
- Constructed of warp-resistant heavy-gauge aluminum for fast, even heating; Works on regular and smooth-top ranges; Extended 12-year limited warranty
- Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers the complete range of processing pressures; This precise measurement is especially important at higher altitudes
- Extra-large size is great for big canning jobs; Includes canning/cooking rack and complete 76-page instruction and recipe book
- Works on most cooktops
- Built to last
- Lightweight for size
- Needs recalibration occasionally
- Comes with only one rack
2. Best for Induction Ranges: Presto 01784 23-Quart Induction Compatible Pressure Canner
Presto 01784 23-Quart Induction Compatible Pressure Canner
This 23-quart model from Presto is compatible with gas, electric, and smooth-top ranges thanks to its stainless steel-clad base. Users note that it’s consistent on all range types, simple to use, and durable if treated with care.
Except for the stainless-steel bottom, the induction canner is identical to Presto’s highly rated 23-quart aluminum pressure canner. It features a large processing capacity and a steam dial pressure gauge. Notably, a portable burner may not be the best option for this product (or any other canner), as they may lack the required heating power to achieve canning pressure.
This canner is compatible with induction ranges; I am happy with it and recommend it. Everything about it is of high quality, and the metal is particularly thick at the bottom. The lid, locking mechanism, gauge, and handles are all durable and of high quality; this product will last a very long time.
- Extra-large 23-quart induction compatible pressure canner.
- Easy, confident home pressure canning—the only safe method recommended by the USDA for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Doubles as a boiling water canner for fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa
- Heavy-gauge aluminum with induction compatible stainless steel-clad base.
- Works on gas, electric, smooth-top, and induction ranges.
- Works on all cooktops
- Large capacity
- May not work with portable induction burners
3. Best Electric: 12 Qt Electric Pressure Canner
Presto Precise® 10-Quart Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker Plus
This digital canner’s 12-quart capacity makes it more suitable for single batches than many stovetop models. It can accommodate up to five quart-sized jars, but only when pressure-canning; the interior was too small for me to process quarts in boiling water. Up to eight pint-sized jars fit snugly, and I could barely fit ten half-pints with their rings.
The digital canner from Presto directs most of the canning process. The canner comes with a comprehensive instruction manual, and a highly detailed quick start guide that explain its operation. However, once the jars were filled and ready to be sealed, most of my involvement consisted of pressing a few buttons to set the canner’s processing path: pressure or water bath.
The instructions address essential aspects of the USDA-recommended canning procedures for stovetop canners, such as the 10-minute venting and cooling periods that ensure safe processing. The canner cycles through these phases automatically, and the countdowns matched the time on the clock, which I found reassuring.
The canner automatically selects the correct pressure and temperature. If you are accustomed to canning on a stovetop, you may find it odd that there is no readout or independent way to verify these settings; you must rely on Presto.
- Automated for simple home canning.
- No adjustments needed for pressure canning at high altitudes.
- Doubles as a boiling water canner for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, and salsa.
- Innovative sensor automatically detects and holds the exact temperature for the required time for safe home canning
- Digital interface guides user through each canning method
- LED display icons illuminate each step from start to completion.
- Includes recipes with standard processing times in accordance with USDA guidelines
- Preheats jars and keeps them hot until each jar is filled.
- Ten built-in safety features including cover locking system
- Includes instruction/recipe book, QuickStart guide, and canning rack.
See full review here: Presto 02144 12 Qt Electric Pressure Canner
- Easy to use
- Simple controls
- Cycles automatically through processing steps
- Built-in venting and cooling times
- Food safety not yet verified by USDA
- Hard-to-read labels for vent/can positions
4. Best Small: Presto Precise™ 6-Quart Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker Plus
Presto Precise™ 6-Quart Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker Plus
Enjoy the benefits of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and steamer with this 6-quart Pressure Cooker Plus with stainless steel exterior and multiple functions. It offers 19 user-friendly programmed settings, including high/low-pressure cooking, high/low slow cooking, brown, sauté, and keep warm, in addition to settings for ribs, roast, fish, poultry, high/low vegetables, rice, multigrain, stew, soup, beans, and desserts.
This exclusive Presto Precise model incorporates cutting-edge technology that senses the temperature within the pot to maintain the same pressure. No altitude adjustments are needed. The large digital display and control knob make navigating the LED screen’s displayed programmed options simple.
Simply configure, and the rest is automatic! It maintains the appropriate temperature with pre-programmed settings for pressure cooking, then reduces the pressure and switches to keep warm mode when the cooking time has expired. Saves time, energy, and money by cooking nutritious, flavorful meals up to 70% faster than conventional methods!
The quick pressure release valve provides a rapid reduction in pressure. This model has nine safety features, including a cover locking system that prevents the cover from being opened until the pressure has been safely reduced. The nonstick pot is removable for simple cleanup and dishwasher safe. It includes both a cooking rack and an instruction/recipe book.
- Multi-function cooker with 19 programmed settings
- Large digital display and control knob simplify function setting.
- Cooks up to 70% faster than ordinary methods, saving time, energy, and money.
- Nine built-in safety features including a cover locking system that prevents cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced.
- Nonstick pot removes for easy cleaning; dishwasher safe.
- Included Components: Instruction Book
- Pressure Cooker/Slower cooker, only. If seeking a digital canner, check out our model 02144 canner.
- Very versatile with great results on all types of foods
- Nonstick cooking pot is lightweight and easy to clean
- Includes 19 pre-sets and can also be programmed manually
- Designed with Lid lock system and 7 other built-in safety features
- Costs less than leading brands
- 1-year limited warranty
- Cooking pot is not stainless steel
- Construction quality may be slightly lower than leading brand
- Does not include a delay timer
5. Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This is one of Presto’s larger 8-quart stainless steel pressure cookers. It resembles a small stockpot rather than a saucepan and has a sandwiched bottom for even heating. Aluminum is sandwiched between two layers of steel to form the base. This model is only available in size, but it includes its steaming basket, making it incredibly simple to steam food at home quickly and perfectly every time.
This is a more expensive stovetop model from Presto. Still, I appreciate its safety features and “quick-cool” release valve, which are like those of many higher-end models from competing brands. The price is on the higher end of the entry-level range, so look at the above information or click here to read my complete review of the Presto 01370 stovetop pressure cooker.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection in minutes. Quickly cooks and tenderizes economical cuts of meat.
- Stainless steel construction with a special tri-clad base for fast, uniform heating. Ideal for use on regular and smooth top ranges.
- Pressure regulator maintains proper cooking pressure automatically. Pressure regulator/steam release valve offers an effortless “quick cool” option.
- Cover lock indicator shows at a glance when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from beig opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Stainless steel steaming basket for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors. Includes a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
- Features tri-clad base that provides fast and uniform heating
- Built-in regulator/steam release valve offers an effortless quick cool option
- Steaming basket allows for cooking several foods at once without intermingling of flavors
- The lid may be difficult to open/close
6. Presto 01282 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
Presto 01282 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
A wise option for healthy, delicious, and quick meals, it cooks 3 to 10 times faster than conventional methods and even faster than a microwave for many foods. The chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook quickly to perfection. Aids in tenderizing inexpensive cuts of meat.
Functions on standard and smooth-top ranges. The cover lock indicator indicates the presence of internal pressure and prevents the cover from being removed until the pressure has been safely reduced.
Includes a unique rack for cooking multiple foods simultaneously without flavor mixing. Dishwasher-safe to facilitate cleaning. Liquid capacity: 8 quarts (7.6 liters).
- The smart choice for preparing today’s lower calorie foods.
- Cooks three to ten times faster than ordinary cooking methods!
- Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients, and even tenderizes lean cuts of meat.
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically.
- Works on regular, smooth-top, and induction ranges. Luxurious stainless steel for long lasting beauty and easy cleaning.
- Includes cooking rack and complete 64-page instruction/recipe book.
- Built-in cover lock indicator shows if there is pressure inside the cooker briefly
- Made of heavy-gauge aluminum that provides quick and even heating
- Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients and even tenderizes lean cuts of meat
- The bottom may warp easily
7. Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
The Presto 1362 is available in both 4 and 6-quart capacities. It is made of stainless steel and is their top-selling product on Amazon. This is probably the best entry-level pressure cooker on the market today. The 18/10 stainless steel is thick enough to provide a sturdy feel and ensure safe cooking.
The pressure valves are simple to clean, and the pot is dishwasher safe and even compatible with induction stoves. The price is comparable to other pressure cookers on the market, so it should be affordable for almost everyone. However, I have much more to say about it. Follow the link to read my comprehensive Presto 01362 pressure cooker review.
The most significant aspect of this model is its widespread acceptance. The model has nearly 3,000 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
This is an awe-inspiring result, especially considering how many pressure cookers are sold on Amazon. The relatively low price also makes this a great way to get started with pressure cooking and means you don’t have to make a significant financial commitment to testing out this cooking method.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast; Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically; Complete 64-page instruction/recipe book included
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Our stainless-steel pressure cooker may also be washed in an automatic dishwasher. When washing in a dishwasher, you must first remove the sealing ring and overpressure plug from the cover as these parts must be hand washed
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced
- Helper handle for ease of handling; Extended 12-year limited warranty
- Comes at an affordable and fair price
- Has the strength and durability due to the stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Offers a much healthier cooking surface
- Has been used and rated positively rated by hundreds of customers
- Several safety features that are easy to understand
- Long warranty
- The pressure cooker requires a bit of assembly you need to assemble both handles
- There is only one pressure level available for the Presto. No low or medium setting options for pressure
- There is no automatic release feature built into the pressure cooker
8. Presto 01264 6-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
Presto 01264 6-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
The Presto 1264 pressure cookers line is comparable to the preceding models. However, they are made of aluminum, which makes them lighter, better at conducting heat, and cheaper.
There are both pros and cons. Most people feel safer cooking under pressure in steel, but this aluminum pot is still safe if you follow the instructions in the manual.
This inexpensive pressure cooker is available in 4, 6, and 8-quart capacities and is affordable enough to buy a set. Click the price link above or follow the link to read my complete review of the Presto 01264 pressure cooker.
This brand, presto, is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. Their products are trustworthy and of high quality. I anticipate many more years of pressure cooker use. I prepare many grains and meats with mine. In my kitchen, chicken has never been cooked so quickly and tenderly.
If I had the option to purchase a pressure cooker again, the only thing I would do differently would be to buy a stainless-steel Presto model. Aluminum was the most economical option then, and it also allowed me to learn how to use a pressure cooker before committing. Still, if your budget allows it, I recommend purchasing a stainless-steel pressure cooker.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast. Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat. Strong heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heating.
- Works on regular and smooth-top ranges. Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically.
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Helper handle for ease of handling. Also includes a special rack for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors.
- Extended 12-year limited warranty. Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients and even tenderizes lean cuts of meat
- Made of heavy-gauge aluminum that ensures quick and even heating
- Built-in pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically
- Equipped with helper handle that provides ease of handling
- May be difficult to open/close
9. Presto 02141 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
Presto 02141 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker, Black, Silver
The Presto 02141 performs as well as more expensive models. The food is delicious and full of flavor. Internally, meat is tender and juicy. It is also important to note that pressure cookers make cooking quick and easy, which is why they are a helpful kitchen appliance.
Brown/Sauté, rice/multigrain, meat (chop/rib/roast), poultry/fish, soup/stew, vegetables (low & high pressure), desserts/beans, slow cook (low & high pressure), and keep warm are the nine cooking functions of the Presto 02141.
With so many cooking functions, the versatility of the Presto 02141 is high. You can prepare various foods, including steaks, barbecue ribs, beef ribs, chicken, pulled pork, beans, soup, rice, and vegetables, among others! They are all incredibly flavorful and delicious.
Once cooking is complete, the appliance enters “Keep warm” mode and gradually releases pressure. You can also use a lever to release pressure quickly.
The Presto 6-quart electric pressure cooker has eight safety features, including a cover lock system that restricts pressure buildup to when the cover is securely closed. The nonstick coating on the cooking pot makes it simple to clean.
Moreover, it is dishwasher safe. Presto 02141 offers exceptional value for the price. It is inexpensive, versatile, and cooks well. Obviously, as a less expensive model, it is not as good as more expensive models (such as the Ninja OP300 or Cuckoo A50), but it is close.
- Pressure cooker and slow cooker in one
- Cook meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, beans, rice, grains, even desserts
- Fast and easy, just set and the rest is automatic
- Function settings for high pressure, low pressure, slow cook, brown, sauté, and keep Warm
- High-speed pressure-cooking preserves flavors and nutrients, tenderizes less expensive cuts of meat
- Included Components: 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker, Stainless and Black
- Item Shape: Round
- Offers a pressure cooker and slow cooker for convenient operation
- Features functional settings for both high pressure and low-pressure requirements
- High-speed pressure-cooking preserves flavors and nutrients
- Ordinary design
10. Presto 50 01365 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Presto 50 01365 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, Deluxe, 6 qt, Metallic
The Presto 1365 stainless steel pressure cooker is an upscale model of standard steel pressure cookers. The most significant advantage of this unit is its steel base sandwiched between two layers of aluminum.
The aluminum acts as a heat transfer, resulting in an even distribution of heat and improved cooking. This model is highly secure while remaining reasonably priced. Even removal is impossible when a pressure has built up. Please click above for pricing information or here for my review of the Presto 01365 pressure cooker.
Using a pressure cooker to cook meat is highly recommended. Food cooks quickly and efficiently, which is advantageous in the summer heat. I’ve used pressure cookers for most of my life, and I prefer this basic stainless-steel model to any fancier ones.
The components are readily accessible and straightforward to replace. It is simple to clean. The design’s straightforwardness and simplicity assure me that I know exactly how well everything is functioning.
- High-speed pressure-cooking preserves flavors and nutrients
- Pressure regulator automatically maintains the proper cooking pressure
- Protective features include pressure release devices and a cover lock that keeps cooker from being opened until pressure is reduced
- Includes a stainless-steel rack and a 64-page instruction/recipe book. Fully immersible and dishwasher safe
- Tri-clad base is made with a layer of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. extended 12-year limited
- Food cooks quickly and efficiently
- Easy to clean
- The parts are easily available and a breeze to switch out
- The simplicity and straightforward design
- It lacks proper safety
- Some parts are made of aluminum
11. Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum canner Pressure Cooker
Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum canner Pressure Cooker, One Size, Silver
The Presto 16-Quart pressure Canner is designed to make home pressure canning simple and secure. The only safe method recommended for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Can be used to preserve fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa in half-pint and pint jars using boiling water. Compatible with gas, electric, and smooth-top stoves. A deluxe dial pressure gauge displays accurate processing pressures, which is particularly important in high altitude regions.
Special air vent/cover lock only allows pressure to build when the cover is properly closed and prevents the cover from being opened until the pressure has been safely reduced. It also provides a visual indication of the internal pressure. Useful as a pressure cooker with a large capacity for preparing meats, poultry, soups, desserts, and more.
Durable heavy-gauge aluminum construction for long life and rapid, even heating. Includes a cooking/canning rack and an 80-page instruction/recipe book for pressure cooking and canning. Regular mason jar Capacity: 12 half-pints, 10 pints, or 7 quarts (half-pints and pints only for boiling water processing). extended 12-year restriction
- Designed for easy, confident home pressure canning.
- The only safe method recommended by the USDA for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Doubles as a boiling water canner for fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa in half-pint and pint jars.
- Works on gas, electric, and Smooth-top ranges.
- Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers precise processing pressures, which is especially important in high altitude areas.
- Air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Handy as a large capacity pressure cooker for meats, poultry, soups, and desserts.
- Durable heavy-gauge aluminum for long life and fast, even heating. Cooking/canning rack.
- Easy-to-follow 80-page instruction/recipe book for canning and pressure cooking. Regular mason jar Capacity: 12 half-pints, 10 pints, or 7 quarts (half-pints and pints only for boiling water processing).
- Included Components: Air Vent and Cover Lock, Item Shape: Round
- Designed for easy, confident home pressure canning. The only method recommended safe for canning meats, vegetables, poultry and seafood.
- Easy -to-read dial gauge registers a complete range of processing pressures.
- Includes cooking/canning rack and complete instruction/recipe book.
- Mason jar capacity: 12 half-pints; 10 pints; 7 quarts.
- 13-1/4 by 14-1/2 by 11-3/4 inches; 12-year limited warranty.
- Built-in air vent and cover lock allows pressure to build only when the cover is closed properly
- Comes in a large capacity that easily cooks poultry, meats, soups, and desserts
- Features pressure dial gauge that registers precise processing pressures
- May get stained easily
Presto Pressure Cooker – FAQs
Include four patent numbers below. National Pressure Cooker Company, founded in 1905 as “Northwestern Steel and Iron Works” in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is now known as National Presto Industries. Don from Edgar Wolf Jr.
Presto is one of the most well-known brands of stovetop pressure cookers, and their models appear to be dependable and simple to operate. Therefore, this brand is frequently the best place to begin since some of its models are reasonably priced.
The Prestos are highly durable and quick. We have only replaced the seal gasket, rubber safety plug, and gauge grommet from our local hardware store. The canners are still in excellent condition, and if we ever had to buy again, we would purchase the same ones.
The aluminum acts as a heat transfer, resulting in an even distribution of heat and improved cooking. This model is highly secure while remaining reasonably priced.
The company asserts that it “meets USDA home canning guidelines for safely processing meats, poultry, fish, vegetables, and other low acid foods.” Many home canners and U.S. Department of Agriculture canning experts hold the Presto brand in high regard, so it would be a great benefit if the company designed an electric canner.
The Presto 16-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker are ideal for beginners. This pressure canner from Presto features durable, heavy-gauge aluminum construction that ensures quick, even heating and is compatible with gas, electric, and smooth-top stoves (but not induction cooktops).
Typically, a 4-quart pressure cooker can accommodate whole meal recipes for one or two individuals. The most popular size for families with two or more individuals.
Because they are designed to hold cans or jars during the heating process, pressure canners are typically larger than pressure cookers. A weight or dial gauge in a canner is used to monitor the pressure inside the pot.
Typically, 6-quart units are sufficient for most uses for families of average size. They are large enough to accommodate entire roasts and birds, as well as soups and stews for a family of three to seven.
Although stainless steel is more durable than aluminum, it does not conduct heat well, so cooking in a stainless-steel pressure cooker may take longer than in an aluminum pressure cooker.
Presto canners are highly durable and will last quite a while with proper care. One of the advantages of the Presto pressure canner is that it can be used on both electric and gas ranges.
If you are willing to spend a bit more on a better kitchen tool, I’d like to point you in the direction of two brands that produce excellent upgrades from the Presto line.
If you desire something slightly higher quality and more expensive, an upgrade to Fagor may be the way to go. Here you can find my Fagor reviews.
In addition, you may be interested in my reviews of Prestige pressure cookers, as they are priced similarly to Presto pressure cookers but come in various shapes and sizes.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.