- Prepare time: 5 min
- Cook: 8 hours
- Ready in: 8 hours and 10 min
Slow cooker chicken burrito bowls is an incredibly good dish to accompanying your meal time. This food is a perfect mix of chicken with some fit and healthy ingredients. You can make it effortlessly by using the help of slow cooker. This recipe is very recommended if you’re on a hectic schedule, but you want to create a nutritious cuisine.
Easy Steps to Make Chicken Burrito Bowls by Slow Cooker
Well, you just need to prepare minor cooking utensils for complete each step to make this chicken burrito. The most important tool is a slow cooker, which can help you cook the mixture. For your information, the mixture can keep in your fridge for three months. And you can serve this burrito up to 7 servings.
- Salt as much two teaspoons
- Chili powder as much two teaspoons
- One teaspoon of cumin
- Drained and rinsed black beans, one can (15 ounces)
- Diced tomatoes, one can (14 ½ ounces)
- Frozen corn, 1 cup only
- Boneless skinless chicken breast for 1 to 1 ½ pounds
- Chicken stock in 1 cup (or more, if necessary) divide it
- Prepare the slow cooker (you can use 2 ½ to 3 ½ quarters slow cooker).
- Add cumin, salt, chili powder, diced tomatoes, ½ cup of chicken stock and chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Mix them and covered the chicken. Cover the bowl of slow cooker with the lid.
- Cook the meat for 3 to 4 hours on low.
- After 4 hours completed, remove the lid.
- Place the remaining chicken broth, black beans, rice and frozen corn into the mixture.
- Cover the bowl and continue cooking the mixture for 3 to 4 hours, still on low heat.
- Make sure that you check the rice frequently before you finish the cook.
- Stir the rice occasionally until you get it well mixed with other ingredients.
- Then, if you find out the mixture is dry, add the remaining chicken broth. You can finish the cook when you get the tender rice. But, remove the lid and cook the rice again on high if you find there is still liquid left when the rice is done. That’s essential to evaporate the liquid.
- Make the chicken as large as bite-sized pieces by shred it using two forks. You can choose to do this on a cutting board, for separate from the rice. You also can shred the meat in the slow cooker and mix it with the rice. If needed, add more seasonings into the burrito mix to taste. Serve it immediately.
After you learn how to cook a chicken burrito bowls with slow cooker in the recipe above, we hope that you can practice it in your home with fun and excitement. This slow cook method is beneficial because you can do some activities at the same time while waiting for the cook is ready. Good luck.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cake pop maker
- Cooking Tips
- Deep Fryer
- Electric Mixer
- food dehydrator
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- ice cream maker
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Pasta Maker
- Sandwich maker
- Slow Cooker
- Toaster Oven
- Waffle maker
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.