Steamed golden syrup pudding is a classic dessert that is easy to make and is perfect for a cozy winter evening. This dessert is made by steaming a light, fluffy sponge cake infused with golden syrup.
The result is a warm and comforting pudding that is perfect for serving with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. By using a food steamer, you can ensure that the pudding cooks evenly and stays moist and tender.
Why you should make soft pretzels in bread machine?
Using a food steamer for steamed golden syrup pudding has several advantages:
- Even cooking: Steaming allows for even cooking of the pudding, ensuring that the cake is moist and fluffy throughout.
- Moisture retention: Steaming helps to retain moisture in the pudding, preventing it from becoming dry or overcooked.
- No burning or sticking: Since the pudding is not in direct contact with the heat source, there is less risk of burning or sticking, ensuring a perfectly cooked pudding.
- Hands-off cooking: Using a food steamer is a hands-off cooking method, allowing you to set it and forget it while the pudding cooks.
Overall, using a food steamer for steamed golden syrup pudding ensures that the pudding is perfectly cooked, moist, and tender, without the risk of burning or sticking.
How to steam golden syrup pudding in food steamer
Here’s how you can steam golden syrup pudding in a food steamer:
- 2/3 cup (135g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- Grease a 6-cup capacity pudding basin and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the golden syrup over low heat until it becomes runny.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the runny golden syrup into the greased pudding basin.
- Pour the pudding mixture on top of the golden syrup.
- Cover the pudding basin with a piece of foil or a lid.
- Place the pudding basin into the steamer basket of the food steamer.
- Fill the food steamer with water, making sure the water level is below the steamer basket.
- Turn on the food steamer and steam the pudding for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove the pudding from the steamer basket and allow it to cool slightly before turning it out onto a serving plate.
- Serve the golden syrup pudding warm with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
By following these steps, you can easily make a delicious steamed golden syrup pudding in a food steamer.
Tips for steaming golden syrup pudding in food steamer
Here are some tips to help you make delicious soft pretzels in your bread machine:
- Check the dough consistency: After the dough cycle is complete, check the dough to make sure it has a smooth and elastic texture. If the dough is too sticky or too dry, you may need to adjust the amount of flour or water accordingly.
- Let the dough rest: Once you have rolled the pretzel shapes, allow them to rest for about 10-15 minutes before boiling them. This can help them keep their shape during the boiling process.
- Boil the pretzels: Before baking, boil the pretzels in a pot of water with baking soda for about 30 seconds per side. This will give them their characteristic chewy texture and flavor.
- Use coarse salt: Sprinkle coarse salt on the pretzels after brushing them with the egg wash. This will add flavor and texture to the pretzels.
- Bake at high temperature: Preheat the oven to a high temperature (around 425°F/220°C) to ensure that the pretzels bake quickly and develop a crispy exterior.
- Don’t overbake: Be careful not to overbake the pretzels, as this can cause them to become dry and tough. Check them frequently while they are baking to ensure they are not getting too brown.
- Serve warm: Soft pretzels are best when served warm, so enjoy them fresh out of the oven or reheat them briefly before serving.
With these tips, you can create delicious soft pretzels in your bread machine that are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
- All Post
- Food Steamer
Bamboo steamer is a traditional cooking tool used in Asian cuisine for steaming food, such as dumplings, vegetables, and meats.…
Steaming dumplings in a bamboo steamer is a traditional Chinese cooking method that has been used for centuries. The bamboo…
A dim sum bamboo steamer is a traditional kitchen tool used to steam a variety of Chinese dim sum dishes,…
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.