Making hummus is a breeze with the best food processor for the job. Not only does a food processor do quick work of blending and chopping the ingredients, but it also cleans up quickly and easily.
But with so many different food processors on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? In this article, we will introduce you to five of the best food processors for making hummus and give you a few tips on what to look for when shopping for one.
So, whether you are a hummus beginner or a pro, keep reading for the best food processor recommendations!
Our Top Picks
What Is Hummus?
Hummus is a type of dip or spread that is made from mashed chickpeas. It is typically seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and pepper. Hummus can be enjoyed on its own as a snack, or it can be added to other dishes for flavor and texture. Some popular dishes that include hummus are falafel sandwiches and salads. Hummus is also a popular ingredient in vegan and vegetarian cooking.
Hummus has a creamy texture and a mild, slightly nutty flavor. It is high in protein and fiber, and it is low in saturated fat. Humans are a reliable source of vitamins B6 and C, as well as minerals such as iron, magnesium, and potassium. Thanks to its many health benefits, hummus has become a popular snack and ingredient worldwide.
Why Should You Use Food Processor To Make Hummus?
If you are a fan of hummus, then you know that this delicious Middle Eastern dip is traditionally made with a food processor. While you can certainly make hummus without one, using a food processor will help you achieve the perfect consistency for your dip.
So why should you use a food processor to make hummus? First, it is the best way to get that smooth, creamy texture that we all love. If you try to make hummus without a food processor, chances are it will be too chunky or uneven.
Another reason to use a food processor is that it will save you time in the kitchen. Preparing all the ingredients by hand can be quite time-consuming, but with a food processor, you can do all the chopping and blending in just a few minutes.
Finally, using a food processor is the best way to ensure that your hummus will be flavorful and delicious. By chopping and blending the ingredients together, a food processor helps them to blend more evenly and create a richer flavor. So, if you are looking for the perfect hummus recipe, be sure to use a food processor!
How To Make Hummus In Food Processor
If you love hummus, then you will be glad to know that it’s quite easy to make at home. All you need is a food processor and some simple ingredients. Here is how to do it:
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all ingredients except for the olive oil and water to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until everything is combined and the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and then the water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as necessary. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some chopped fresh parsley or cumin, if desired. Enjoy!
Tips On Using Food Processor For Hummus
Making hummus at home is a breeze with a food processor. Here are some tips to make the process even easier:
- Start by soaking your chickpeas overnight. This will help them cook faster in the food processor.
- Rinse the chickpeas well before adding them to the food processor. This will help avoid any chunks in your hummus.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to the food processor and blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add a little water until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add more garlic, lemon juice or salt as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
And that is it! You now have delicious, homemade hummus. Enjoy!
Benefits Of Using Food Processor For Hummus
There are many benefits to using a food processor for hummus. Some of the benefits include:
- Easier to make – A food processor makes it much easier to make hummus than by hand. All you must do is put all the ingredients in the food processor and let it do its job.
- More consistent results – A food processor will give you more consistent results than if you made hummus by hand. This is because the blades in a food processor will chop the chickpeas more evenly, which will result in a smoother hummus.
- Faster – A food processor can chop up the chickpeas much faster than you could by hand, so your hummus will be ready sooner.
- Less cleanup – A food processor does all the chopping for you, so there is less cleanup work involved. All you must do is rinse the food processor bowl when you are done making the hummus.
So, if you are looking for an easy and efficient way to make hummus, a food processor is definitely the way to go!
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Food Processor For Hummus
If you are a fan of hummus, then you know that having a good food processor is key to making the perfect dish. But with so many different models and brands on the market, how do you choose the best one for your needs? Here are a few factors to keep in mind when shopping for the best food processor for hummus:
The size of the food processor is important if you want to make large batches of hummus. If you only plan to make small batches, then a smaller model will suffice. However, if you entertain often or have a large family, then a larger model will be necessary.
A powerful food processor will be able to blend chickpeas and other ingredients more easily, resulting in a smoother hummus. If you are looking for a high-powered machine, be prepared to pay a higher price tag.
The blades are another key factor to consider. You will want to make sure that the blades are sharp and can chop the chickpeas effectively. Some food processors come with multiple blades, which can be helpful if you want to make other types of dips or spreads.
The capacity of the food processor is also important. If you plan to make large batches of hummus, you will need a model that has a larger capacity.
Some food processors come with preset settings for making different types of dips and spreads. This can be helpful if you are not sure how to use the machine or do not want to bother with adjusting the settings yourself.
Some food processors come with extra features like adjustable speeds, pulse buttons, and different blade attachments. If you are looking for versatility, it may be worth investing in a model that has these extras.
Type Of Hummus
There are different types of hummus, and each one will require a different type of food processor. For example, if you want to make traditional hummus, then you will need a food processor with a blade attachment. However, if you want to make something like roasted red pepper hummus, then you will need a food processor with a grinder attachment.
Most food processors come with a variety of attachments, such as a shredding disc, slicing disc, and chopping blade. These attachments will allow you to customize your hummus according to your preferences.
Ease of use
Choose a food processor that is easy to operate and clean. Look for models with intuitive controls and dishwasher-safe parts.
A good food processor should come with a warranty of at least one year. This will protect you in case the product breaks down or does not work as advertised.
Finally, price is always an important consideration when purchasing any type of appliance. Food processors can range in price from around $30 to $300 or more.
It is important to consider your budget when choosing a model, but also remember that you get what you pay for. A more expensive food processor is likely to be more powerful and have more features than a cheaper model.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can be sure to find the best food processor for hummus that will suit your needs.
10 Best Food Processor For Hummus
There are a lot of great food processors out there that can make hummus. However, not all food processors are created equal. Some are better than others when it comes to making this delicious dish.
So, if you are looking for the best food processor for hummus, then look no further. Here are the 10 best food processors for making hummus, according to our experts.
1. Best Overall: KitchenAid KFP1318CU 13-Cup Food Processor
KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor, Contour Silver
This KitchenAid food processor is silver in color and operates at 500 watts. The discs and blades of this food processor are stored in a caddy, making it an efficient product. This machine also features adjustable thickness settings and a thirteen-cup capacity food processing bowl.
This KitchenAid food processor is compact; it will take up little space in your kitchen and can also be placed on a countertop. In addition, this food processor is simple to clean; the lid is attached, and the blades are durable. Additionally, this product is compatible with all ingredients, including fruits and vegetables.
This food processor can slice, chop, shred, grind, and knead the ingredients, make hummus, salsas, and dips, and mix the dough. This KitchenAid food processor has adjustable thickness settings, is compatible with all types of ingredients, and has a large food processing bowl.
- Food processor
- 13-cup work bowl
- Multi-purpose blade
- Adjustable slicing disc
- Reversible shredding disc
- Dough blade
- Storage caddy
- Compatible with all ingredients
- Easy to clean
- Has a large bowl
- Adjustable thickness settings
- Large bowl isn’t ideal for small prep jobs
2. Best Multi-Purpose: Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor Custom, Brushed Stainless
This Cuisinart food processor is made of stainless steel, is silver in color, and uses 720 watts of power. This product is ideal for preparing hummus and is equipped with stainless steel blades and a shredding disc. This device is also equipped with a 36-inch-long electrical cord.
This product has a large processing bowl with a fourteen-cup capacity. Also included are a spatula and an instruction manual for this food processor. This Cuisinart food processor has dishwasher-safe parts, is compatible with various ingredients, and can perform multiple tasks, including shredding and slicing.
This food processor’s shredding disc is removable and has a total thickness of four millimeters. This food processor by Cuisinart is constructed of stainless steel and is powered by 720 watts of electricity. It also features sturdy blades. This product also includes a large processing bowl and an instruction manual.
- 14-Cup Work Bowl
- Powerful 720 Watt Motor
- Extra Large Feed Tube
- Stainless Steel Blades
- 7 Food Prep Functions
- Single Touch Operation
- Generous 14-cup capacity
- Very quiet operation
- Powerful motor easily handles dough
- Extra-large feed chute
- Only one power setting
3. Breville Food Processor BFP800CBXL
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor, Silver
Breville BFP800CBXL is the best and most notable food processor for making hummus. A high-quality food processor is required when preparing hummus for use as a dip or spread. The Breville (BFP800CBXL) is the most effective food processor for making hummus.
With the heavy-duty motor, the process of making hummus will be facilitated and accelerated. You will appreciate a well-prepared hummus made at home and no longer need to purchase expensive ones from grocery stores. You can quickly transform the chickpeas into a smooth paste for that delicious hummus.
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- Large 5″ wide feed chute eliminates need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000-watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
- Prevents the motor from operating unless the bowl and lid are correctly locked in position, and large feed pusher is inserted
- Voltage: 110 to 120 volts
- The extra-wide feed chute with multiple options allows for a wide variety of foods to be processed.
- Slice disc makes it possible to get perfect results with the 24 settings. You can cut your vegetables into various perfect sizes.
- Easy storage due to the added storage box.
- Two bowl options come in handy. Whether you need to prepare large food portions or a small one-person meal.
- The food processor replacement parts are hard to get.
4. Ninja BL770AMZ Mega Kitchen System Food Processor
Ninja BL770AMZ Mega Kitchen System, 72 oz. Pitcher, 8-Cup Food Processor, 16 oz. Single Serve Cup, 1500-Watt, Black
The Ninja Mega Kitchen System combines the functions of a blender, a food processor, and a juicer into a single appliance, saving you the trouble and expense of purchasing three separate appliances. The kitchen appliance is ideal for heavy-duty tasks, is dishwasher-safe, and features a variety of blade assemblies.
This Ninja Kitchen System is powered by a 2-horsepower (1500-watt) motor, which is inferior to the 3.8-horsepower motor of the Blendtec Designer 725, but still produces the desired texture and consistency of blended foods.
Its Total Crushing Technology transforms ice into snow in a matter of seconds and turns frozen fruit into a smoothie with minimal effort. The food processing capabilities of this Ninja Kitchen blender significantly simplify meal preparation. Inside the bowl of a food processor are dough blades that knead the dough for you, freeing your hands for other tasks.
The Ninja blender’s design is uncomplicated, with a fundamental but elegant appearance. It is approximately 18 inches tall, has a 9.5 by 8.2 inches base, and is only available in black. Its assortment of included accessories (Nutri ninja cups, food processor bowl) are also dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, and made primarily of thick, transparent plastic.
On its base is an almost identical control panel to that of the Vitamix 7500 blender. Here, there are six buttons labeled Power, Single Serve, Pulse, Dough, and Blend. The Ninja Mega Kitchen blender offers four speeds, which vary depending on the selected function.
Like the Oster Versa Pro, the Ninja Mega Kitchen System’s food processor includes its blades. It has a dough blade for mixing dough and a chopping blade for chopping, mixing, pureeing, and grating food. 72 ounces is a good capacity for large-volume blending, making this blender ideal for a family of three or four.
The 64-ounce food processor bowl of the Ninja mega blender is also ideal for making dough, as it can hold up to 2 pounds of it and can finish mixing in as little as 30 seconds.
As with most Ninja blenders, you can purchase the Ninja Kitchen System BL770 from Amazon.com and have it shipped to you within a few days. Just so you know what to expect, feel free to peruse the numerous reviews available.
- 1500-Watt Motor Base
- 72 oz.* Total Crushing Pitcher *64 oz. max liquid capacity
- 8-Cup Food Processor Bowl
- 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cup with To-Go Lid
- Stacked Blade Assembly
- Dough Blade Assembly
- Chopping Blade Assembly
- Pro Extractor Blades Assembly
- Inspiration Guide
- Blender, Juicer, Food processor in one
- Large capacity
- Powerful 1500-Watt motor
5. KitchenAid KFP0718BM Food Processor 7 cup
KitchenAid KFP0718BM Food Processor, 7 cup, Matte Black
This plastic food processor is yet another fantastic product from KitchenAid. This machine’s processing bowl has a capacity of seven cups and is equipped with blades made of durable stainless steel. This food processor is matte black and measures 7.87 by 9.65 by 15.35 inches.
This product is simple to operate, includes a lid, and the controls are in front of the machine. The food processing bowl is also dishwasher safe, making it simple to clean. This KitchenAid food processor can perform multiple functions, including chopping, slicing, and shredding various ingredients.
This KitchenAid food processor is a fantastic product; it can perform various tasks, is compatible with all ingredients, makes hummus, and has a large, dishwasher-safe processing bowl. This food processor has a matte black finish, is made from plastic, and is compact.
- Easy to Use with a one-click, twist-free bowl assembly with a latched lid for easy set up
- Easy to clean, sealed, leak-resistant work bowl; dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & accessories
- Easy to Store with a compact design, in-bowl accessory storage and convenient cord wrap
- 3 Speed Options (High, Low and Pulse) and easy-press paddles with illuminated LED controls
- Chop, Puree, Shred and Slice everything from cucumbers to tomatoes, cheeses and more with the reversible medium slicing/shredding disc and multi-purpose blade
- Process a variety of shapes and sizes in the 2-in-1 feed tube
- Model KFP0718 includes (1) 7-cup work bowl, (1) Lid, (1) multi-purpose blade, (1) Reversible medium slicing/shredding disc
- Easy to operate
- Stainless steel blades
- Dishwasher safe processing bowl
- The food processor motor can easily break down.
6. Best Value: Hamilton Beach Food Processor 10 cups
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 10 Cups – Bowl Scraper, Stainless Steel
This food processor is manufactured by a company known for producing high-quality kitchen appliances, as with all their products. This item is made of plastic, is silver in color, and consumes 450 watts of power. This machine also features a large food processing bowl with a ten-cup capacity.
This Hamilton Beach food processor is compatible with all ingredients and is equipped with a stainless-steel disc for slicing and shredding. This device is multifunctional, serving as a food processor and a chopper. This product is also provided with s-blades made of stainless steel.
This food processor from Hamilton Beach is an impressive appliance; it has a large food processing bowl, is made of plastic, and is multifunctional. In addition, stainless steel blades and a disc that shreds and slices the ingredients are included with this product.
- Large feed chute means less prep work.
- 10-Cup Capacity Bowl; Ideal for most of your home cooking needs
- Reversible Shredding/Slicing disc and S-Blade for chopping, mixing and pureeing
- BPA-Free, dishwasher safe bowl for easy cleanup
- Compact design means it won’t take up your entire countertop
- Convenient bowl scraper
- Large feed chute
- Two speeds
- Very loud
- Limited attachments
7. Oster Blender 24-Ounce Smoothie Cup and Food Processor
Oster Blender | Pro 1200 with Glass Jar, 24-Ounce Smoothie Cup and Food Processor Attachment, Brushed Nickel – BLSTMB-CBF-000
The Oster Pro 1200 blender includes an attachment for food processing. The most significant benefit is that you can use the blender to make drinks with ice while maintaining the integrity of your food processor’s blades.
There are some downsides to this. First, the food processor’s bowl is tiny. It holds only 5 cups, half the capacity of the “small” Hamilton Beach pictured above. It still includes a slicing disk and a chopping blade, so you can use it to make perfect, even slices of vegetables or make hummus.
The blender itself is highly potent. It does an excellent job blending everything, so you will not find unblended ice chunks at the bottom. It’s also large enough to make multiple servings at once and comes with a smoothie cup to make drinking easier.
If you don’t already own a blender, this blender/food processor combo is an excellent way to save money while acquiring multiple kitchen tools. Even though the food processor has a smaller capacity, it can handle most tasks easily.
- Extra-large capacity 5-cup food processing bowl
- 6-cup Boroclass glass jar
- Blade pushes ingredients down for fast, smooth results
- Pulse feature for added control and precision
- Top-grade container
- Powerful ice-crushing blades and motor
- Preset programs
8. Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor
Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor, 1000 Peak Watts, 4 Functions for Chopping, Slicing, Purees & Dough with 9-Cup Processor Bowl, 3 Blades, Food Chute & Pusher, Silver
The base of the Ninja Professional Food Processor is rectangular and takes up minimal counter space. With dimensions of 7.32 x 9.88 x 15.55 inches, this food processor can be easily stored in a cabinet.
The 9-cup capacity of this food processor easily accommodated an entire batch of cookie dough. It thoroughly and uniformly mixed the dough at every stage, including when a small amount of butter and sugar were added to the bowl. It handled the addition of flour well and thoroughly mixed the dough after a single bowl scrape, leaving it light and airy.
When mixing hummus, the puree mode ran for approximately two minutes before shutting off, requiring multiple restarts. Even after pureeing the finished mixture for six minutes, the hummus never reached a genuinely smooth consistency.
This food processor is straightforward to clean. Its attachments are dishwasher-safe, but it is advised to clean them only on the top rack. The bowl is simple to clean by hand, but the dough blade has numerous ridges that require scrubbing.
- 1000-Peak-Watt Motor Base
- 9-Cup Precision Processor Bowl with Feed Chute Lid and Pusher
- Quad Chopping Blade
- Dough Blade
- Reversible Slicing & Shredding Disc
- Disc Adapter
- 20-Recipe Inspiration Guide
- Powerful motor
- Lots of accessories
- Secure lid seal
- Loud operation
- Automatic shutoff is inconvenient in some instances
9. Vitamix 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment
Vitamix 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment with SELF-DETECT™, Compatible with Ascent and Venturist Series
Whether you want to dice raw fruits and vegetables, grate cheese, or knead bread, a food processor is a versatile tool that will help you accomplish all your cooking and food preparation needs. However, an additional appliance on the kitchen countertop may not be the best solution. For this reason, I decided to evaluate the Vitamix Food Processor Attachment.
In most food processors, the chopping and shredding are powered by a shaft that rises from the motor’s center. Since the base of a Vitamix blender lacks this shaft, the first component of the food processor assembly is the self-detecting base with a tall shaft.
The food processor bowl resembles a typical bowl with one notable exception. On many food processor bowls, the tube rising in the center of the bowl is half the bowl’s height, meaning the liquid level must be kept low to prevent leaking.
This tubular portion of the Vitamix bowl corresponds to the 12-cup maximum capacity marking on the bowl’s exterior. The 8-cup mark denotes the top liquid level, leaving ample room for liquids to become frothy, foamy, and splashy without leaking during processing. Foods that are not soggy can be loaded up to the 12-cup mark.
Suppose you own a Vitamix blender and need a food processor. In that case, you need to look no further than the Vitamix Food Processor Attachment, which, in addition to being a space-saver, performs identically to the real thing.
- The food processor attachment eliminates storing another stand-alone appliance
- Capacity – 12 c dry; 9 c wet | Material: Plastic
- Clear bowl, lid and food pushers
- Easy assembly and disassembly
- Intuitive Storage Solution with minimal parts
- Included components: Self-detect base, 12 cup work bowl, work bowl lid, 2 food pushers (1 large, 1 small), 1 “S” multi-purpose blade, 2 reversible slice/shred discs, disc storage case, owner’s manual. Motor base not included.
- Compatible with Ascent and Venturist motor bases purchased in the U.S. and Canada. This item is not compatible with Explorian or Legacy bases.
- 12-cup capacity
- Reversible disks
- Smaller storage footprint
- Not compatible with other brands
- Lacks an additional small bowl for sauces
10. KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
KitchenAid KFC3516ER 3.5 Cup Food Chopper, Empire Red with KitchenAid Classic Jar Spatula, One size, Black
Even if you have a full-sized food processor for chopping and pureeing, it may not be worthwhile to pull it out for small tasks such as chopping a few cups of onions. This is precisely what the KitchenAid 3.5-Cup Food Chopper is designed for, as its compact design is ideal for quick meal preparation. We tested this device for a few weeks to determine how well it performed compared to full-sized food processors. Here is our opinion of it.
The KitchenAid 3.5-Cup Food Chopper is lightweight and compact, measuring just under 9 inches in height and 6 inches in width, making it easy to store on a counter or shelf. We found ourselves reaching for it for every chopping task simply because it was so enjoyable.
With its columnar profile and transparent polycarbonate plastic bowl, the appliance’s design is streamlined and appealing, almost resembling a vintage blender. The base is available in a spectrum of colors, from Tangerine to Boysenberry, with glossy and matte finishes. Additionally, we appreciated the cord storage feature, which consisted of a channel in the base that allowed the cord to be wrapped around the unit.
The machine-made chopping produces simple and quick, and most items required only four or five pulses to be chopped. The chopper worked best with more challenging things, such as garlic cloves minced in mere seconds.
If you are looking for a small, portable chopper, this one will meet all your basic needs. It is fast and powerful enough to puree even harsh ingredients like nuts, but it will not last forever.
- 240 watts
- Quickly chop, mix and puree, every day
- Two speeds and Pulse
- Simple, one-touch operation
- 3.5 cup BPA-free work bowl with pour spout, handle and locking blade
- Drizzle basin
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Simple cord wraps and compact design
- Stainless steel blade
- Chops vegetables and nuts quickly
- Blade locks into place
- Cord wraps around unit for storage
- Many colors option
- Lid difficult to close and disassemble
- Chops inconsistently sized pieces
- Challenging to clean
11. Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor
Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor, 500-watt, Black
The Oster 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor is an adequate compromise between the other two appliances.
The 10 Cup container gives you more room to maneuver when preparing larger quantities of food. It is slightly more potent than the Hamilton Beach food processor I reviewed previously. This additional 50 Watts may not seem like much, but the lower you are on the power scale, the more advantageous it is to have a little extra power under the hood.
Although the feed chute is comprehensive, you must prepare your vegetables. However, something about the size of half an onion can pass through it. If you enjoy making homemade pizzas, you’ll appreciate the addition of a dough blade.
As satisfying as it can be to shape your dough by hand, there are times when you would prefer a machine to do the heavy lifting! As for chopping, slicing, and dicing vegetables, the Oster has no trouble with the most common tasks.
Hummus is also simple, and that motor can transform your chickpeas into a smooth paste. Controls? Here, the Oster outperforms a few other options in this comparison.
Two-speed settings are available, allowing you to control the final consistency. There is also a pulse button for adding the final change.
Finally, Oster’s 10-cup food processor was designed with a bit more consideration. The bowl of the food processor contains all the blades and accessories.
This may give the Oster the upper hand if you have limited kitchen space.
- 500-Watt Motor with 2 Speeds and Pulse Control buttons
- 5″ Wide, Large-Mouth Food Chute w/Food Pusher
- Reversible slicing/shredding disc
- 10 Cup Capacity Work Bowl with locking lid
- Includes Dough Blade
- Refer the user manual below for proper usage instructions
- Lots of locking features make this great for the safety conscious.
- A decently wide feed chute reduces prep time.
- Lots of big chunky buttons for a variety of operating modes.
- All the accessories store away inside the 10-cup bowl neatly for next time.
- Food gets easily stuck in the ridge located in the lid.
- Quite a tall mini food processor – check the measurements carefully!
- Moves around a lot on the countertop if you don’t hold it down.
- A lot of cleanup work after you’ve been making doughs.
- Comes with an unusually short power cord which might make positioning tricky.
12. BLACK+DECKER 8-Cup Food Processor
BLACK+DECKER 8-Cup Food Processor, Black, FP1600B
The maximum capacity is eight cups, while the motor’s power is 450 Watts on the lower end of the power spectrum. It’s not bad per se, but it struggles to compete with the competition, which has increased in several crucial areas.
However, if you are on a very tight budget, you may still want to consider it. Therefore, let’s examine what this machine does well. As with the other food processors I’ve reviewed, the Black & Decker has an S-shaped stainless steel blade unit and a reversible cutting disk.
Turn it one way, slice vegetables, and turn it the other way to grate cheese. In other words, it provides sufficient versatility for the price. The feeding chute is of average size and includes a handy food pusher. This significantly accelerates the process, as you can continue to feed ingredients into the machine while it operates.
Like many other appliances I’ve reviewed, Black & Decker’s controls are straightforward. A button press activates the motor, with the off switch functioning as a pulse button when depressed and held.
Additionally, locking safety mechanisms prevent the Black & Decker from operating until everything is in its proper location. Everything except the base is dishwasher-safe, making cleanup quite simple.
This is as basic as it gets, whether you are purchasing a food processor for hummus or another task. It will almost do the job and at a meager price. Nonetheless, there are superior options that do not require significantly more investment.
- 8-Cup Work Bowl – Plent of room to work with
- Food Chute with Pusher – Helps guide food towards the slicing/shredding disk while the processor is going, for consistent results
- Dishwasher-Safe Removable Parts
- Safety Interlocking System – Blades operate only when the lid is securely attached to the bowl
- The most affordable food processor for hummus from my shortlist.
- Food pusher makes it easy to keep feeding ingredients into the bowl.
- Reversible cutting blade makes attachment storage simpler.
- Locking mechanisms make this an interesting choice for the safety conscious.
- All removeable components are dishwasher safe.
- A small capacity at 8 cups. Only suitable for making very small batches of hummus.
- 450-Watt motor is at the lower end of the power scale.
- A light unit that moves around on the countertop unless held down.
- Filling the work bowl more than halfway can create spillages.
Best Food Processor For Hummus – FAQs
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best food processor for hummus will vary depending on your needs and preferences. However, some factors to consider when choosing a food processor for hummus include the size of the machine, the power rating, and the number of blades.
Making hummus with a food processor is simple: just add all the ingredients to the bowl of the machine and blend until smooth. Be sure to taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Some tips for making perfect hummus include using a food processor with a sound enclosure to reduce noise, adding chickpeas that have been cooked with baking soda (this will make them softer), and using tahini that has been diluted with water.
There are several benefits of making hummus at home, including cost savings, flexibility in terms of flavor adjustments, and the ability to control the quality of ingredients. Homemade hummus also tends to be more nutrient-dense than store-bought varieties.
It is possible to make hummus without a food processor by using a blender or an immersion blender. However, the results may not be as smooth.
There are many different food processors on the market that would be suitable for making hummus. Some of the best food processors for hummus include the Breville Sous Chef 12-Cup Food Processor, the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, and the KitchenAid KFC3100ER 3- Cup Food Chopper.
When choosing a food processor for hummus, you should consider the following key features:
- Size and power: A food processor for hummus needs to be large enough to accommodate the ingredients you will be using, but not so large that it takes up too much counter space. It should also have enough power to chop and puree these ingredients quickly and smoothly.
- Type of blades: The blades in a food processor for hummus should be able to chop the chickpeas and other ingredients evenly, without leaving any large chunks. Some processors come with multiple blades, while others have a single, adjustable blade.
- Price: Food processors can vary in price from around $30 to over $200. If you’re only going to use your processor for hummus, it’s not necessary to invest in an expensive model; a mid-priced unit will do the job just fine.
There are several different types of food processors on the market. The most common are full-size food processors, mini food processors, and hand-held food processors.
- Full-size food processors are the largest and most powerful option, making them ideal for large batches or tough ingredients.
- Mini food processors are smaller and less powerful, making them better suited for smaller batches or softer ingredients.
- Hand-held food processors are the most compact and portable option, making them ideal for on-the-go processing.
Food processors come in a variety of capacities, from small to large. Small food processors have a capacity of 2 cups or less, while large food processors have a capacity of 9 cups or more. If you plan on making large batches of hummus, you’ll need a large food processor. However, if you only need to make small batches, a small food processor will suffice.
There are several different types of blades available for food processors. The most common are S-shaped blades, which are ideal for chopping and blending. Other common blade types include shredding discs and dough hooks. If you plan on making hummus, you’ll need a blade that can chop and blend the ingredients.
Food processors come at a range of different speeds, from low to high. The higher the speed, the faster the processor will chop and blend the ingredients. If you are new to food processing or making hummus, start with the lowest speed setting and work your way up if needed.
Food processors range in price from $30 to $200. The price of the processor will depend on the size, capacity, blades, and features. If you’re on a budget, you can find a great food processor for less than $100. However, if you’re looking for a top-of-the-line model with all the bells and whistles, you’ll need to spend closer to $200.
No matter what your budget is, you can find a food processor that’s perfect for making hummus. Just be sure to consider the size, capacity, blades, and features that you need before making your purchase.
After reading this guide, you should now have a clever idea of what to look for in a food processor if you want to make hummus.
We hope that our top picks have given you some inspiration for your next purchase. And remember, the best food processor for hummus is the one that fits your specific needs the best.
So, take your time making your decision and enjoy creating delicious homemade hummus!
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.