Whether preparing dinner for two or meal prep like a pro, a mini food processor is a great way to expedite your preparations. A full-size food processor may be worth the counter space, but (as the name suggests) a mini food processor does not require much counter space, making it ideal for an apartment or dorm kitchens (and easier to clean!).
Mini food processors are helpful in any kitchen because they produce consistent results without the effort of chopping by hand and do not require any knife skills or knowledge of how to sharpen a knife for tasks such as chopping vegetables, fruits, herbs, nuts, and cheeses, preparing homemade baby food, and making small batches of vinaigrette, pesto, salsa, or sauces.
Our Top Picks
What is mini food processor?
A mini food processor is a smaller version of a full-size food processor. It typically has a smaller work bowl and fewer features, but it can still be a valuable kitchen tool. Mini food processors are ideal for small tasks like chopping nuts or slicing vegetables. They can also be used to make purees and sauces. A mini food processor can be a good option if you don’t have a lot of counter space.
How does mini food processor work?
A mini food processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for various tasks, from chopping vegetables to making purees and sauces. But how does this handy little appliance work?
Mini food processors typically have a small cylindrical bowl with a blade at the bottom. To use the appliance, add your ingredients to the bowl and then press down on the lid. This action causes the blade to spin, chop or puree the ingredients inside the bowl.
There are various types of mini food processors on the market, from basic models that only have one speed to more advanced versions with multiple settings. Some mini food processors even come with attachments, such as a shredding disc or a slicing blade, which can further expand the range of tasks that the appliance can perform.
No matter what type of mini food processor, it’s sure to be a handy tool in your kitchen!
Benefits of using mini food processor
A mini food processor can be a great addition to your kitchen appliance collection. Here are some of the benefits of using one:
- They are very versatile and can be used for various tasks, including chopping, slicing, and dicing fruits and vegetables, as well as nuts and seeds.
- Mini food processors are usually very compact and lightweight, making them easy to store and transport.
- They are usually very affordable, and some models even come with multiple attachments that can be used for different tasks.
- Mini food processors can be a great time-saver, as they can quickly and easily chop or dice fruits and vegetables that would take much longer to prep by hand.
- They can also be used to make healthy and delicious homemade baby food, sauces, dips, and spreads.
- Some models even come with a built-in grinder attachment, which can be used to grind coffee beans, spices, and nuts.
- Mini food processors are easy to clean, as most models have dishwasher-safe parts.
- They are also straightforward to use; even those without prior experience can usually figure out how to operate one without too much trouble.
Overall, mini food processors are a great kitchen appliance that can be used for various tasks, and they are very affordable and easy to use. If you are looking for a versatile and convenient kitchen appliance, then a mini food processor is worth considering.
How we test food processors
We have evaluated over 30 food processors in recent years, including mini food processors. For the minis, we evaluated their ability to chop onions (with both the minimum and maximum loads), minced parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese. We recorded how rapidly each model completed these tasks and how much food remained unprocessed. We also examined the convenience of use: How useful is the instruction manual? How easy is it to assemble the blades and lid? How straightforward are the controls? What variety of settings is available? How simple is the cleanup?
Our list of the best mini food processors is comprised of top-rated models. Our recommendations include tried-and-true favorites and innovative new models with features such as glass bowls for storage, accessories for whipping, and cordless power. Even though we haven’t formally tested them all in the lab, they come from Lab-respected brands, and we have years of experience testing kitchen appliances:
1. Best Overall Mini Food Processor: KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
KitchenAid KFC3516ER 3.5 Cup Food Chopper, Empire Red
This is an elegant and robust small food processor. In our testing, it consistently completed the numerous tasks we assigned to it. It has two speeds, and the pulse mode lets customers control how their ingredients are processed, whether coarsely grinding nuts or pureeing a sauce.
It is compact and lightweight, allowing for easy movement within the kitchen. It also features a clever cord wrap design that makes it easy to store when not in use. This food processor’s lid features a drizzle basin that allows you to add liquid ingredients while blending.
Nonetheless, the assembly and locking mechanism might be improved. During testing, we often battled to unlock the chamber and the lid because they were excessively stiff. It became less of an issue as we grew accustomed to it, but first-timers may find it annoying.
- 3.5 Cup Convenient Work Bowl
- Small and Easy to Store
- Precise Control
- Simplify Sauces and Dressings
- Countertop Friendly Footprint
- Excellent control and safety
- Limited tools and accessories
- Limited tools and accessories
2. Best Easiest to use mini food processor: Cuisinart DLC-2A Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
Cuisinart DLC-2A Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor (White), 3 Cup
This tiny food processor is excellent in general. However, throughout testing, we were not thrilled with its performance. Despite being strong and having a large bowl to hold 0.7 pounds of meat at once, it was one of the noisiest micro food processors we evaluated.
In addition, the machine defaults to pulsing; thus, users must repeatedly push the Chop or Grind button on the control panel to ensure continuous processing. Obviously, it was only a slight issue during our testing, but we would welcome the addition of a chopping cycle.
When we attempted the Grind mode, which spins the blunt side of the blade in reverse to conduct more demanding activities, such as grinding nut butter and coffee grounds, it continued to shake violently.
- Chop or grind at the touch of a button
- 24-ounce work bowl with handle
- Exclusive auto reversing SmartPower blade for two powerful processing options
- Touchpad controls are easy to use and easy to clean
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges
- Instruction/Recipe book
- Limited 18-month warranty
- BPA Free
- Sturdy and powerful
- 18-month warranty
- May cause accidental purées
- A little noisy
3. Best Splurge Mini Food Processor: Cuisinart CH-4DC Elite Collection 4-Cup Chopper
Cuisinart CH-4DC Elite Collection 4-Cup Chopper/Grinder, Die Cast
Adding a food processor to your kitchen arsenal is one of the simplest ways to expand your kitchen’s possibilities and do several tasks with a single appliance. The food processor is not merely a glorified food chopper.
Yes, they make quick work of chopped veggies, but they may also be used to prepare purees, hummus, sauces, and aioli. You can use them to mix the dough, create mixtures, and make pie crust and froth milk. Unlike blenders and many other kitchen gadgets, a food processor almost works better in a smaller size, especially if you frequently prepare food for a small number of people.
Most full-size food processors have a capacity of at least 8 cups, making them more significant, more conspicuous kitchen appliances that frequently occupy a substantial amount of counter space.
A compact food processor does the same tasks with a smaller footprint for approximately half the price. We discovered that the average size of a tiny food processor was 3.5 cups, while some can accommodate up to 5 cups of ingredients. Either size is adequate for preparing hummus or vegetables for soup or salsa. How we evaluate the best mini food processor
- 4 cup work bowl with handle
- 250-watt motor
- Chop or grind touchpad controls
- Exclusive Patent Pending BladeLock System
- Patented auto reversing SmartPower blade
- Recipe/Instruction book
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Excellent safety features
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Leaks when overloaded
4. Best Budget: Ninja Food Chopper
Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt, 16-Ounce Bowl for Mincing, Chopping, Grinding, Blending and Meal Prep (NJ110GR)
The Ninja Express Chopper is inexpensive and user-friendly, with several capabilities that are not typically accessible in more expensive choices. The anti-spill splash guard and slip-resistant base provide a mess-free preparation experience. The lid, which serves as a splash barrier, also serves as storage space. Flip it open to install the motor or close it for storage.
There are measuring indicators on the bowl to facilitate preparation, and two layers of blades are within to ensure proper ingredient processing. The control is a single button on the top for simplicity of use. With a 2-cup capacity, it is on the smaller side, but given the benefits, it is valuable.
- 200-watt power pod.
- Effortlessly mince, chop, grind and blend a variety of ingredients for easy meal preparation or final touches
- Perfect for garlic, onion, zest, spices, herbs, cheese, bacon crumbles, nut chopping, chocolate, dressings, sauces, and spreads
- Capacity: 16 ounces
- Ergonomic designed power head is easy to handle
- Small and portable
- Extremely effective and affordable
- Unable to chop small quantities of food finely
5. Best Versatile: Food Chopper Electric LINKChef
Food Chopper Electric LINKChef, 2L Meat Grinder Electric Food Processor Chopper 250W with Stainless Steel Bowl and 4-Bi Blades for Meat, Fruits, Vegetables, Baby Food, Nuts, Salad
The LINKChef Mini Food Processor is compact and lightweight, with four bi-level blades, a stainless-steel bowl, and an anti-slip rubber pad for fastening the appliance. It is simple to operate with its two-speed, single-button control. For soft materials, apply gentle pressure, whereas for more challenging ingredients, apply forceful pressure.
This model’s locking blade and convenient pour spout are two of its most notable features. The work bowl is large enough to accommodate larger batches of ingredients without sacrificing performance. Although stainless steel, the top is see-through, allowing the contents to be observed. The bowl, cover, and blade are safe for the dishwasher.
- Powerful low noise 250 Watt motor;
- Pulsing button for ultimate control;
- Overheating protection;
- Robust stainless steel 4 bi-level blades;
- Polished stainless steel bowl, resist scratch and corrosion;
- Dishwasher-safe bowl.
- Safe performance
- Resistant to scratch and corrosion
6. Best Value: Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap 4-Cup Mini Food Processor
Hamilton Beach Electric Vegetable Chopper & Mini Food Processor, 3-Cup, 350 Watts, for Dicing, Mincing, and Puree, Black (72850)
This Hamilton Beach food processor has all the features of a full-sized model, including a lid chute that allows more extensive materials to be fed in and two blade selections.
Users must physically snap the two locks onto the lid for it to function, which is a less convenient locking system than some other items we evaluated. During assembly, we observed how readily the blades could come into touch with hands; safety shields would be beneficial.
Although it performed satisfactorily in various tests, it struggled to evenly cut herbs such as scallions.
Despite the chute’s apparent utility, we found little use for it in practice. The chute allows users to load more ingredients into the chamber without opening the lid. The chute is too narrow for components to travel through easily.
- 250 watts
- Versatile & Compact 4 Cup Food Processor
- Superior chopping and blending results with stainless steel quad blade
- The function guide on the front of the food processor shows you which blade to use for each task
- BPA free in all food zones and is easy to clean with removable, dishwasher safe parts
- Built-in cord storage reduces countertop clutter
- Two blades for a wider range of tasks
- Decent at chopping
- The chute is not useful
- Snap-on locks are inconvenient
7. Best Manual Mini Food Processor: ZYLISS Manual Food Processor
ZYLISS Easy Pull Food Chopper and Manual Food Processor – Vegetable Slicer and Dicer – Hand Held
Are you going on a road trip or just camping for fun? This manual chopper will make your life much easier regarding dinner preparation—no more carrying knives or cutting boards in your equipment packs. Its 3.13-cup work bowl capacity and booster-level handle design allow for uniform chopping of large and small quantities of food.
The Swiss-designed, patent-protected, multipurpose blade is adept at chopping, mixing, pureeing, and prepping ingredients. Additionally, the booster arms on either side of the work bowl prevent food from adhering to the surface. This compact, hand-powered, ecologically friendly alternative is great for small kitchens, campers, and RVs. It can be cleaned on the top rack of a dishwasher.
- Simple Food Processor: The stainless-steel blades create uniform slices with the pull of a handle
- Versatile Manual Chopper: The wide surface and adjustable slicing thickness accommodates all produce
- Portable Food Processor: The angled ergonomic handle and non-slip feet work on multiple surfaces
- Easy Pull Chopper: A food holder protects your hands, while the clear bed helps you see sliced food
- Zyliss Kitchen Accessories: Zyliss kitchen tools are favored by everyday cooks & gourmet chefs alike
- Sharp blades
- Easy to operate
- Hand-wash only
- Requires more effort
8. Best Cordless Mini Food Processor: KitchenAid Cordless 5 Cup Food Chopper
KitchenAid Cordless 5 Cup Food Chopper – KFCB519, Empire Red
This cordless mini chopper requires approximately two hours to fully charge, which is plenty for chopping forty onions. Within seconds, the onion was sliced into uniform pieces, ready for sautéing or addition to salads. When it came to grinding firm materials like roasted almonds and hard cheese, it had no trouble doing so.
This high-quality food processor requires no setup, and its safety features protect young children from accidentally activating the appliance. Its 5-cup volume is sufficient for most culinary jobs, but if you are making food for a large group, you may need to work in batches.
Although we appreciated its effortless operation, this food processor is not perfect. There is no opening on the lid for adding ingredients during usage. Instead, it would be best to load everything before initiating a processing cycle.
- 5 cup BPA-free work bowl
- 2 speed settings
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- Delivers optimal runtime and performance.
- Compact design
- Surprisingly powerful
- Rechargeable cordless design
9. Best Mini food processor for slicing and shredding: Hamilton Beach Food Processor 8 Cup
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 8 Cup, Black
The Hamilton Beach 4-Cup Mini Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper has all the functions of the other food processors on our list (save for the cordless one). Still, it also has a shredding/slicing attachment that is particularly noteworthy.
Most tiny food processors lack a shredding or slicing attachment. Many would argue that the connection would make it difficult to store and that the bowl’s small capacity would necessitate frequent stops to empty it as you shredded your desired result. However, a shredder/slicer attachment is a beneficial kitchen tool, and the Hamilton Beach 4-Cup Mini Food Processor is one of the few models that have one.
Like many of the other models we evaluated, this Hamilton Beach compact food processor was equipped with a 250-watt motor, which is more than capable of handling even the most challenging tasks.
The stack-and-snap design makes the Hamilton Beach 8-Cup Food Processor extremely user-friendly. In contrast to other models, the bowl of this food processor does not need to be rotated to lock in place; simply stack the bowl, blades, and cover and snap them into place to begin processing. Except for the blades, which must be washed by hand, all the components of this food chopper are dishwasher safe.
- 8 cup capacity
- 2 speeds plus pulse control
- Stainless steel slice/shred disc and chopping blade
- Powerful 450-watt motor
- Dishwasher safe bowl, lid & blades
- Light weight and compact to store
- Works well for chopping, mixing, and pureeing many foods
- Creates very thin slices, and disc is not adjustable
- Has difficulty slicing soft or high moisture foods
- Less versatile than more expensive models
- Both speed settings run extremely high
10. Best Design: Philips Kitchen Appliances MultiChopper with Chop Drop Technology
Philips Kitchen Appliances MultiChopper with Chop Drop Technology, Black, HR2505/26, 1.1L
During our tests, the Philips tiny food processor consistently generated broad, consistent, and incredibly rapid results. We particularly appreciate the Chop Drop basket, a plastic colander-like bowl that facilitates the equal distribution of chopped onion bits.
Although the user manual is helpful, we were able to set up the device without it. Each component fit together flawlessly, and the twist-on lock was an adequate safety measure. Measuring indications on the chopping chamber is handy when following a recipe. It includes two blades, one compatible with the Chop Drop basket since it chops from above, and the other chops closer to the chamber’s base.
A minor disadvantage is that there are no ON or OFF buttons; to begin food processing, users must press down on the top of the multi-chopper, which means you cannot walk away while it operates. Nevertheless, this model is quick and effective in chopping, so this was not a significant concern during testing.
- 500 watts
- ChopDrop Technology
- One Touch Use
- Super Simple Clean Up
- Excels at every task
- Basket design encourages uniformity
- Easy to use
- Cannot walk away when in use
11. Proctor Silex Mini Food Processor 1.5 Cup
Proctor Silex Durable Electric Vegetable Chopper & Mini Food Processor for Chopping, Puree & Emulsify, 1.5 Cup, Black
Consider the Proctor Silex chopper if you need a chopper that allows you to be mobile while performing your required tasks. The Proctor Silex chopper is surely adaptable enough to complete the necessary tasks. Nevertheless, if you want to do it with ease and comfort, you will find that if you purchase the Proctor Silex chopper, you will need to exert a great deal of work and be willing to invest a great deal of time.
The Proctor Silex chopper is also highly durable, so it will last you a very long time without generating any issues. However, this resilience is also a drawback, since you must avoid placing too much weight on it. If you wish to transport it on the road. It will be a lot of fun if you are able to take a long trip on it and enjoy yourself, but if you are transporting food, you may have to carry it with you instead.
If you are seeking for a chopper that will provide you with the power and mobility you need to transport your meals, then you should consider the Proctor Silex chopper for sale. However, you may need to be cautious when purchasing the Proctor Silex chopper, as it lacks many of the features you may be seeking. However, if you are careful with your purchases and do not go crazy, you will be able to get a fantastic chopper that will provide you with years of enjoyment and happiness.
- The perfect size to for everyday use — holds 1.5 cups
- Efficiently chop, puree and emulsify with stainless steel blades
- Prepare foods to the ideal texture with simple pulse speed control
- Easy to clean
- Saves space in the kitchen — small enough to leave on the countertop
- Compact size
- Decent at chopping and grinding
- Extremely noisy
- Small capacity
12. Hamilton Beach Stack & Press Mini 3-Cup
Hamilton Beach Stack & Press Mini 3-Cup Glass Bowl Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper, Black (72860)
This Hamilton Beach model is quick to install and simple to use, whether you are moving from chopping by hand or want a smaller, simpler version of your larger processor. Its stackable form occupies minimal counter space, but its 3-cup volume is sufficient for salsas and dips. It also features an integrated oil dispenser for creating hummus and salad dressing.
The usability cannot be overstated. Once the bowls are stacked, only a simple press is required to run the device. There are no twisting or intricate locking mechanisms. With a 350-watt motor and a stain-resistant bowl, this mini chopper is a terrific option for home cooks who want to simplify but still have a tool that can quickly mince herbs and vegetables. The rope is designed to coil under the base for simple storage.
- Glass bowl resists stains, scratches, and odors
- Simply stack and press to chop; no difficult twisting or locking
- Durable glass bowl and stainless-steel blades
- Press lid for chopping action; release to stop
- Cord storage
- Easy cord storage
- One-touch processing
- Limited variation on chop
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Mini Food Processor
When choosing the best mini food processor, there are a few key factors you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
Size is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a mini food processor. You’ll want to ensure that the unit is small enough to fit on your countertop or in your cabinets. If you have limited space, you may want to consider a compact model.
Another critical factor to consider is capacity. How much food do you need to be able to process at one time? If you only need to process small amounts of food, a mini food processor with a small capacity will be sufficient. However, if you need to process large amounts of food, you’ll want to choose a model with a larger capacity.
The blade type included with the mini food processor is also an important consideration. Some models come with multiple blade options, while others only come with one. If you plan on processing various foods, you’ll want to choose a model with multiple blade options.
The speed of the mini food processor is also an important consideration. Some models have multiple speed settings, while others only have one. If you need to process food quickly, you’ll want to choose a model with various speed settings.
Of course, price is also an essential factor to consider. Mini food processors range in price from around $30 to $100. You’ll want to choose a model that fits within your budget.
How to use mini food processor
If you’re looking for a convenient and easy-to-use kitchen appliance, consider investing in a mini food processor. Mini food processors are perfect for small tasks such as chopping vegetables, mincing garlic, or making pesto sauce. They’re much less bulky and accessible to store than their full-size counterparts. Here’s a quick guide on how to use a mini food processor.
- Assemble the food processor according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the food you want to chop or mince into the work bowl.
- Secure the lid and pulse the machine until the food is chopped or minced to your desired consistency.
- Remove the lid and empty the contents of the work bowl into a serving dish or storage container.
- Disassemble the food processor and wash all parts in warm, soapy water.
With these simple tips, you’ll be able to use your mini food processor with ease!
How to clean and maintain mini food processor
It is essential to clean and maintain your mini food processor regularly to ensure optimal performance and to extend its lifespan. Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain your mini food processor:
- Always read the instruction manual with your mini food processor before cleaning or attempting any maintenance tasks. This will help you avoid damaging the machine.
- After each use, disassemble the mini food processor and wash all the parts in warm, soapy water. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly and dry them completely before reassembling the machine.
- Every month or so, you should deep clean your mini food processor by soaking all the parts in a solution of vinegar and water. This will help to remove any built-up gunk or grease.
- If your mini food processor starts to malfunction, it is best to take it to a certified technician for repairs. Attempting to fix it yourself could void the warranty.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your mini food processor running smoothly for many years.
Best mini food processor to buy – FAQs
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best mini food processor for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. However, we can narrow down the field by considering some of the most critical factors to look for when choosing a mini food processor.
To start with, you’ll want to think about the capacity of the mini food processor. How much food do you need to be able to process at one time? If you only need to process small amounts of food, then a smaller food processor will suffice. However, if you frequently need to process larger amounts of food, you’ll want to choose a mini food processor with a larger capacity.
Next, you’ll want to consider the features of different mini food processors. Some food processors come with additional attachments that can be used for tasks such as shredding or slicing. Others offer different speed settings, which can be helpful if you need to process food at different speeds for different recipes. Finally, some mini food processors come with built-in storage containers, which can be handy for storing processed food until you’re ready to use it.
When choosing the best mini food processor for your needs, it’s essential to compare the features and capacities of different models. Once you’ve done that, you should be able to find the perfect mini food processor for your kitchen.
A mini food processor is designed for smaller quantities of food. It usually has a smaller capacity and is not as powerful as a regular food processor.
A mini food processor can be a great addition to your kitchen if you don’t have a lot of counter space. It’s also perfect for small jobs like chopping vegetables or making sauces.
When buying a mini food processor, you should look for one that is durable and has a good warranty. You also want to make sure that it has the features you need, such as different speed settings or a pulse function.
Mini food processors can range in price from around $30 to $100.
You can buy mini food processors at most major retailers, such as Target or Walmart. You can also find them online at sites like Amazon.com.
If you’re looking for a mini food processor, the Cuisinart DLC-2ABC is an excellent option. It’s affordable, powerful, and has several handy attachments. Plus, it’s backed by Cuisinart’s reputation for quality.
The Ninja QB1004 is also an excellent choice for something a little different. It has a unique design that allows it to double as a blender and comes with several useful attachments. Plus, it’s very affordable.
So, which is the best mini food processor to buy? It depends on your needs and budget. But whichever you choose, you’re sure to be happy with your purchase.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.