Ingredients: Serves 5
- 3 eggs
- 125g raw brown sugar
- 65ml oil
- 125g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 185g carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 60g desiccated coconut (optional)
- 60g raisins
For the icing:
- 150g unsalted butter – softened
- 325g full-fat soft cheese – softened
- 150g icing sugar – sifted
- Grease an 18cm cake tin then line with grease-proof paper. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until creamy.
- Slowly whisk in the oil, then add the remaining ingredients and mix together evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Level the surface and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C/Gas 5, for 20 to 25 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden brown. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Beat all the icing ingredients together to make a thick cream and spread over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate the cake for 2.5 hours before serving.
- All Post
- Air Fryer
- Baby Food Maker
- Best Lists
- Bread Maker Machine
- Bread Slicer
- Cooking Tips
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor
- Food Slicer
- Food Steamer
- Grain Mill Grinder
- Instant Pot
- Kitchen Gadget
- Meat Slicer
- Microwave Oven
- Slow Cooker
This kitchen aid is available in over 40 different colors. You decide how to personalize your product; it is so…
Dough hooks can make a big difference when it comes to hand mixers. If you want to be able to…
In the kitchen, our hand mixer is our most helpful and convenient accessory. The best hand mixer for cakes can…
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.