Instant Pot-Steamed Broccoli that is fresh and delicious. This low-carb, nutritious veggie may be prepared in less than 15 minutes. Try this proven approach to obtain broccoli with the ideal texture every time.
My daughter, who previously did not consume broccoli, began eating it after I steamed it in the Instant Pot. This is an excellent accompaniment to rice or protein.
I attempt to include vegetables in our diet whenever possible. Steamed broccoli is a delicious and speedy way to prepare broccoli. Broccoli should also be steamed since it helps retain nutrients and prevents the vegetable from being overcooked. You should steam broccoli to have its color and flavor and not become overly soft and mushy!
Why Broccoli And Why Should You Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot?
- First, it is delicious. I adore broccoli as a side dish for my main course. Other than this, broccoli offers other health benefits.
- Broccoli is classified as a cruciferous vegetable. Broccoli is recognized for its disease-fighting antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and pro-detoxifying properties.
- Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. Also low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol is broccoli.
- Broccoli is frequently called a free meal due to its low fat, carbohydrate, and calorie content, which means you can take an endless amount of it without feeling bad. Isn’t that fantastic?
- Broccoli is the healthiest when consumed raw, although I am not a fan of eating it in this form.
- If broccoli is cooked, the cooking process will determine how much of its nutritious value is preserved. The second-best method is to steam broccoli quickly. Therefore, that is what we will do here.
Why should broccoli be steamed in an instant pot?
Broccoli cooked in an Instant Pot is deliciously soft, nutrient-rich, and incredibly simple! Using this straightforward method, you may prepare nutritious broccoli in only a few minutes with minimal effort. As a side dish, a snack, or in salads, curries, and soups.
After I began cooking broccoli in the Instant Pot, it rapidly became my preferred way. I adore it since:
- It is amazingly simple to steam broccoli in a pressure cooker. It takes only a few steps to prepare delicious broccoli. This 10-minute Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli dish yields wonderfully cooked broccoli.
- The broccoli can be steamed hands-free in the Instant Pot without active monitoring.
- Consistently achieve the ideal texture for steamed broccoli with an Instant Pot. Whether you prefer incredibly soft broccoli or broccoli with a slight crunch, preparing broccoli according to your preferences is simple.
How To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
Step 1: Prep the broccoli
The broccoli should be washed under running water. Then, using a chef’s knife, divide the broccoli head into florets of medium size (about 1.5 inches). Try to chop the florets to the same size to cook in around the same amount of time.
Step 2: Pressure Cook in a steamer basket
Add one cup of water to the insert of the instant pot. This is essential to steam vegetables in the instant pot and aids in bringing the instant pot to pressure.
Using a Steamer Basket to steam broccoli in a Pressure Cooker is optimal. Using a steamer basket is that the broccoli cooks uniformly without being submerged in water.
Place the steamer basket in the steel insert of the instant pot. The broccoli florets should be placed in the basket.
Cook under pressure for 0 minutes. Yes, zero minutes is a feature of the instant pot. So that the broccoli does not become overcooked, we will release the pressure manually (Quick-Release) before the pressure cooker reaches full pressure.
The time required to cook broccoli is necessary for the pressure cooker to come to pressure, less than 10 minutes.
Step 3: Season and Serve
The broccoli cooked in the instant pot is precisely steamed, soft and crisp and retains its vibrant green color.
Serve broccoli as a side dish with rice or protein.
We enjoy serving this steamed broccoli with tomato cream sauce quick pot penne. I also include it as a side dish in my daughter’s lunchbox, which she enjoys.
- Simply the basics: Drizzle some olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper
- Add some cheese: My girls enjoy grating parmesan cheese on vegetables. Or include goat or feta cheese into the broccoli.
- Add a sprinkle of lemon juice along with the parmesan to the broccoli.
- Garnish with my lemon tahini sauce.
- Include this vegetable in your salad.
Best Instant Pot Steamer Baskets
How To Steam Broccoli Without A Steamer Basket
Learn how to cook steamed broccoli in an instant pot without a steamer basket when it takes pressure to build. A simple side dish suitable for children!
Want to steam broccoli every time to perfection? Use your instant pot to steam vegetables while preparing the remainder of the dinner.
Once the broccoli has been steamed, it can be seasoned with any spices or toppings that your family prefers. It is the ideal accompaniment for any weeknight meal. You could even put up a “broccoli topping bar” by placing ingredients in small bowls and allowing family members to select their favorites.
A steamer basket can steam vegetables in an Instant Pot. Do not worry if you do not have it! Without one, you can still steam broccoli in an Instant Pot. Use the trivet that came with your Instant Pot to steam the broccoli. The trivet separates the vegetable from the water in the Instant Pot’s base while allowing it to steam to perfection!
Tips for Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
- Broccoli: You may cook a whole head of broccoli or frozen broccoli in the instant pot in the same manner.
- Remember to Quick Release: To prevent overcooking, it is essential to quickly release the pressure and remove the broccoli from the instant pot.
- Add salt and seasonings after cooking broccoli to ensure that it becomes soft.
- Even if the quantity of broccoli is doubled or even tripled, the cooking time will remain the same.
- If your electric pressure cooker does not have a “0” minute option, steam for one minute under low pressure.
- Alternate Method- Microwave: To steam broccoli in the microwave, combine broccoli and 1/8 to 1/4 cup of water in a microwave-safe basin or container. Warm for three minutes. If the broccoli is not soft enough, cook it for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
How to store leftover Broccoli
- Refrigerator: Please wait for the broccoli to cool before placing it in the refrigerator for future use. Refrigerate the broccoli in an airtight container for three to five days, making it the ideal side dish for meal prep!
- Freezer: Cooked broccoli can be stored in the freezer for up to one year. Remember that frozen broccoli loses its crunchiness. Adding it to soups, sauces, and pasta dishes like this Broccoli Cheddar Pasta is its best use.
- Reheat: When you are ready to consume the broccoli, microwave it for up to one minute with some water sprinkled on top, and then enjoy!
Serving suggestions for broccoli
Combine steamed broccoli with your preferred-marinated chicken breast, steak, or salmon to create a complete supper. Broccoli is the ideal complement to any protein and carbohydrate to produce a balanced meal. The steamed broccoli pairs exceptionally nicely with white sauce or Alfredo pasta.
How To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot – FAQs
The trivet can be used to steam broccoli in the absence of a steamer basket. Place the trivet and water in the Instant Pot. Place the broccoli florets on the trivet, placing it as high above the water as possible, then continue with the other instructions. I do not advocate cooking broccoli in water since it will get mushy.
The optimal time to steam broccoli is ‘0’ minutes. That means the broccoli cooks when it takes the pressure cooker to reach full pressure, around 8 to 10 minutes. The instant pot emits a buzzer and switches to the ‘keep warm’ setting when the pressure is reached. The pressure setting is determined by the texture produced. For tender broccoli, use High Pressure, and for a slight crunch, use Low Pressure.
Salt, pepper, or Parmesan cheese are traditional flavoring agents for steamed broccoli. Additionally, you may toss it with your preferred salad dressing or sauté it with minced garlic and olive oil.
Yes! Research indicates that steaming broccoli may be the most effective method for obtaining the nutrients it contains. Broccoli is proven to aid with cholesterol reduction, eye health, and gastrointestinal health.
Yes! Broccoli is rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidants, folate, fiber, and other minerals.
You can use frozen broccoli in this dish, but I would not recommend it unless you prefer mushy broccoli.
Add the wire rack (included with the instant pot) to the instant pot’s bottom. Next, add the broccoli and water. Cover and adjust ventilation. Set pressure to low for ZERO minutes. Release quickly and serve!
The Instant Pot makes broccoli a convenient side dish for any meal. Steamed broccoli is both healthy and delicious! You may make it your own by experimenting with different spices and ingredients. Broccoli is a flexible side dish that can be easily included in any meal.
If you have made it your mission to consume more vegetables and nutritious foods, look no further! Broccoli steamed is the food for you! Once you have mastered how to steam broccoli in an Instant Pot, you’ll be able to cook other vegetables.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.