People like to eat sweet dishes after or before meal anytime when they want, Mostly in Asia, people like to eat sweet dishes in every season. Here will tell you about a delicious and full of energy recipe, that people in Asian countries like to eat is rice kheer or rice pudding recipe, which is made by sugar, Milk, and rice combination full of healthy ingredients.
This dish is full of healthy nutritions including calcium and vitamins.
Here, we tell you about this dish how to cook with full healthy ingredients in a given within the given time approximately 2.5 to 3 hours.
The Amazing Rice Pudding Recipe & Nutritional Facts
Rice pudding is also known as a rice kheer, is the sweetest dish or dessert in Asian sub-continent countries like Pakistan, Indian, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
It is made by placing the boiled white rice in a pot containing an amount of milk, sugar, rice and then cooking while stirring regularly.
It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios, and in the end, we can add khoya for more flavor.People in South Asian countries especially in Pakistan and India, often use this dessert after the meal.
- 4½ cup milk
- ¼ cup uncooked rice
- 7tb spoon sugar
- 4 to 5 cardamom pods
- Crushed nuts to garnish (pistachio, cashews, almonds)
- First, we are going to overcook the rice in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until they get really soft.
- Now, strain the rice and with the back of a fork, mash it well until it resembles oatmeal.
- Heat up milk in a stainless steel deep saucepan or fork and let it come to a gentle simmer.
- Open the cardamom pods and add it to the milk.
- Next, add the boiled rice and sugar. The rice will be clumpy but as it cooks, it will break down.
- Now on very low heat, cook the Kheer for 2.5 to 3 hours. Make sure you stir every once in awhile. The milk will inevitably catch at the bottom so make sure you use a stainless steel pot because if you use a nonstick saucepan, the brown bits will peel off as you stir and distribute throughout the pudding. That would be gross.
- After 3 hours of slow cooking, the pudding will have thickened. It should fall in little clumps from the spatula.
- Immediately pour in terracotta bowls and garnish with crushed nuts. The skin that forms on the surface is the best part.
- Let Rice pudding cool in serving dish for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- You can keep this in the fridge covered for up to 3 days but who’s even saving for later.
Nutritional Information of Rice Pudding Recipe
Rice kheer or rice pudding is a full of healthy nutritions including different calories, calcium, iron etc.
Here we will explain you about the nutrition information of rice pudding that what type of nutrition this dish includes vitamins, sugar, Calcium or any other ingredients.
|Total Fat||2 g||Potassium||179 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||27 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||17 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||4 g|
- All Post
- Slow Cooker
End of Content.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.