Zojirushi’s product is one of the best bread machines on the market because it’s simple, thorough and effective. Each machine boasts a sturdy build and arrives ready to use, requiring no assembly.
Every Zojirushi bread machine comes with an instruction booklet that includes tutorials, recipes and full-color images. An additional instructional DVD provides engaging visual lessons to help you understand the machine, its various parts, best practices for use and how to make a variety of bread types.
There are several Zojiroshi bread makers in the market today, and here are some that you can consider, for your home baking.
Top 5 Zojirushi Bread Machines
- 2-lb. loaf of bread
- 15 Number of Courses
- 3 memories
- 2-lb. loaf of bread
- 10 Number of Courses
- 3 memories
- 1-lb. loaf of bread
- 9 Number of Courses
- property 3
- 2 lb. loaf
- Double kneading blades
- 13 hour delay timer Rapid setting
|Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker (BB-PDC20)||
|Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker (BB-CEC20)||
|Most Affordable||Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini (BB-HAC10)||
|Best Overall||Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker (BB-PDC20BA)||
|Runner-Up||Zojirushi Home Bakery Maestro (BB-SSC10)||
#1 - Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Bread Machine (BB-PDC20)
- Various healthy course settings include Multigrain, Whole Wheat, Rapid Whole Wheat, Gluten Free, Salt Free, Sugar Free and Vegan
- Double Kneading Blades thoroughly knead dough for superior results; Dual heaters on the bottom and lid of the bread maker promote even baking and browning
- Rapid courses allow you to bake a loaf of white or whole wheat bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutes
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display with convenient key code on lid simplifies course selection; RAPID SETTING: Use Rapid setting to have your loaf ready to eat in under two and a half hours
- Electrical Rating 120 volts / 700 watts.Cord Length:39 inch
For a picture-perfect loaf every time, you can’t beat the Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus.
Whether you opt for classic white or hearty whole wheat, it will come out with a rounded top, a crispy but not tough crust, and a tender crumb.
The Virtuoso Plus is the best bread machine for sophisticated bakers as it has a setting for making a sourdough starter and another that allows you to program in your own recipes. Plus, you have a selection of 3 crust colors. When it’s the optimal time to add cranberries or walnuts, the machine beeps to remind you.
The bright LCD display is easy to program and unlike those on other bread machines, it tells you what time your bread will be done, rather than how much time is left. That means you don’t have to do math in your head but rather see exactly when your pumpernickel will be ready to be slathered with butter.
- Easy to use
- Baking course & recipe book included
- Settings offer a range of bread types: multigrain, white & whole wheat
- Emory settings to customize knead, rise & bake times
- High price tag
- Large, may take up more counter space than desired
|Item model number||BB-PDC20BA|
|Product Dimensions||10.5 x 18 x 12.88 inches|
|Item weight||24 pounds|
#2 - Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Bread machine (BB-CEC20)
- Dual-blade bread machine makes rectangular-shaped 2-pound loaves
- 10 pre-programmed settings; 3 crust shades; LCD control panel; 13-hour delay timer
- Large viewing window; removable nonstick bread pan for easy cleaning
- Measuring spoon, measuring cup, and user manual with recipes included.Measures approximately 9-5/8 by 17 by 12-1/5 inches
- Electrical rating:120 volts / 700 watts
If you read our BB-PAC20 review already, you will notice that it has everything you would need in a bread machine.
It bakes a traditional loaf, it’s quiet, it’s highly customizable yet it has many pre-programmed settings, it has a removable bake pan with dual kneading blades, it handles any type of bread nicely, it has a stainless steel design, and it’s beautiful. Actually, the BB-CEC20 has exactly these features too.
We’re not sure why Zojirushi made two almost identical machines. If anything at all, these machines only differ in the design and one other thing: the BB-PAC20 has a “revolutionary” heater on the top of the lid that makes a browned crust at the top of the bread. Some people who own the BB-CEC20 have complained that their crusts don’t crisp up at the top.
So if this matters to you and you don’t like soft crusts at the top, get the BB-PAC20. Otherwise, the BB-CEC20 is the cheaper of the two, and you can choose from black or white.
It’s really up to individual preferences, but we would pay more for the BB-PAC20 because we like that little heater feature and we like the design more.
Another thing we would like to mention is that the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 can handle thick gluten-free dough really well.
In fact, if you read recipe books they would recommend using Zojirushi machines for gluten-free bread. We think that when it comes to gluten-free bread, Zojirushi has an unmatched advantage.
- Bakes a 2-lbs. loaf of bread in only two hours
- Comes with a recipe book
- Has a delay timer with a 13-hour time limit.
- An auto turn-off option for safety purposes
- Shipped with an instructional video and manual
- Stainless steel body for a scratch-free look.
- Different menu settings, including bread dough, white bread, sourdough, wheat bread, cakes, shortbread and jams.
- Three crust options for baking your bread to perfection
- Quite expensive compared to other bread makers in its class.
- Once bought, the bread maker cannot be replaced.
|Item model number||BB-CEC20|
|Product Dimensions||12.81 x 13.56 x 18.88 inches|
|Item weight||2 pounds|
#3 - Most Affordable Bread Machine - Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini (BB-HAC10)
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included. Electrical Rating- 120 volts / 450 watts
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 8-1/2 x 11-1/4 x 12-1/4 inches ,1-year warranty; cULus listed
Fill your home with delicious homemade bread aroma and enjoy a variety of freshly baked goods any time with Zojirushi Home Bakery Mini Breadmaker. Compact and slim, this awesome kitchen appliance takes up minimal space on your countertop while offering huge pay-off.
Use it to bake various types of bread and cakes or make dough and jam. Why, with the easy to follow instruction video and recipe book you’re sure to become a baker extraordinaire, at least in the eyes of your friends and family.
- Compact size
- Perfect setting
- Crust texture
- Only for small families
|Item model number||BB-HAC10|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 8 x 12 inches|
|Item weight||1 pounds|
#4 - Best Overall - Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Bread Machine (BB-PDC20BA)
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker (2 lb) with Cuisinart 8-inch Bread Knife w/ Blade Guard, Update International Stainless Measuring Cup Set and Gluten-Free Baking Classics for The Bread Machine Paperback Book
- ENJOY VARIETY: Enjoy creating a variety of breads, including vegan and gluten-free, as well as baking cakes and making jams
- EVENLY BAKED BREAD: Thanks to the dual heaters on the bottom and the lid of the breadmaker, the machine churns out evenly baked and evenly browned, beautiful loafs of bread every time
- KNEADING BLADES: Its double kneading blades ensure thoroughly kneaded dough for superior tasting results
- CUSTOM SETTINGS: Choose from the three Homemade memory settings to customize the knead, rise and bake times and watch the whole process trough the large viewing window
The Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus makes a light 100% whole wheat loaf or a delightful white bread from start to finish, in a traditionally shaped, 2 pound, horizontal loaf! And that’s just the start of it.
The Zojirushi does an outstanding job of developing gluten and you can use the dough cycle by itself if you want, then finish baking in your regular oven… make dough for crispy pizza crust, light dinner rolls, mouth-watering cinnamon rolls, hamburger or hoagie buns, artisan breads, sourdough, cakes—the possibilities are endless. Don’t want quite 2 lbs? The Zo gives you the freedom to make smaller 1.5 lb. loaves if you’d rather. Even makes fruit jam and meat loaf.
The Zojirushi bread machine has beefed-up pulleys and belts—the heaviest-duty drive system ever on a Zojirushi breadmaker, for a long, trouble-free life. Unlike most bread machines, the Zo has plenty of power and durability for whole grain dough. Of course, it’s equally at home with white flour, or any blend you can imagine.
Twin paddles provide superior kneading action so you get well-raised breads with great texture and the lid is highly domed to keep your bread from sticking to the lid if your recipe rises a little high, and has crust-control adjustability. Pan inside dimensions are 5″W x 8.75L x 4.75″D. Pan lining is BPA-free.
- Can make various healthy courses
- Attractive black and steel finish
- Large viewing window
- Dual heaters
- Double kneading blades
- Easy to read and easy to use LCD display
- 13-hour delay timer
- Light, medium, and dark crust options
- The largest size loaf you can make is 2lbs
|Item model number||BB-PDC20BA|
|Product Dimensions||20.9 x 14.5 x 15.3 inches|
|Item weight||29.7 pounds|
#5 - Runner-Up Bread Machine - Zojirushi Home Bakery Maestro (BB-SSC10)
- Automatic 1-pound bread maker
- Auto add dispenser automatically dispenses nuts and other ingredients; removable and washable
- Various healthy course settings include: Multigrain, whole wheat, quick whole wheat, gluten free, salt free, sugar free, and vegan
- Versatile course settings include: bread and pizza dough, pasta dough, cake and jam
- 3 homemade memory settings allow the user to customize the Knead, rise, and bake times
- Recipe book in full color with 50 delicious recipes included
The Zojirushi BB-SSC10 is currently the best option for small families, singles and couples. No matter what Zojirushi bread maker you buy, you will always be guaranteed of the quality.
The Zojirushi BB-SSC10 bakes 1-pound loaves and has a single kneading blade. However, it looks more modern and a bit bigger than previous Zojirushi bread makers. Another huge difference is the lack of a viewing window on the lid, which is now where the LCD panel is located (the BB-HAC10 had the LCD panel on the side).
This makes it much easier to see the settings and the course number that corresponds to it, so this is a huge improvement. In fact, all the 15 settings pre-programmed into the machine are printed on the top.
In terms of performance the Zojirushi BB-SSC10 is capable of baking delicious, evenly brown loaves. You can only select from two crust settings: medium or dark. With most bread machines we’ve seen to date, you can usually select from three crust settings: light, medium, or dark. We usually stick with medium, but if you enjoy “light” crust then this may be a problem for you. It handles basic bread and special bread recipes well.
It has double heaters (including one on the bottom) and the heat circulates in a way that appears to brown the bread evenly. As with all bread machines, you must follow the instructions and add the ingredients in the correct order in order to get perfect loaves each time.
The instructions are easy to follow with this bread machine, with lots of pictures and charts, so we think Zojirushi did a great job with the manual. With the BB-SSC10 you get a recipe book with 50 recipes that are specifically made for this bread machine. There are lots of fun and delicious recipes.
- Lots of settings, including quick baking settings
- Creates gluten-free, salt-free, sugar-free, and vegan bread
- Creates pizza and pasta dough, as well as jam and cakes
- Has 3 homemade settings that the user can program
- Smaller compared to other machines
- Carrying handle to make it easy to store the machine
|Item model number||BB-SSC10|
|Product Dimensions||13.63 x 8.88 x 12.5 inches|
|Item weight||16 pounds|
Buying Guide for the Best Zojirushi Bread Machine
Before you invest your money in an automatic bread machine, make sure it fits into your homemade bread-making plan. First, ask yourself how do you plan to use it? It is important because some users take advantage of every functionality their bread maker offers, while others occasionally use their devices. It would help if you made decisions about capacity, formula functions, and of course, the price to match.
If you don’t have any budget issues, then the Virtuoso BB-PAC20BA bread machine is the best choice. It is by far the most advanced version of the bread machine available from the company.
You can make any bread, jam, meat sandwich, and different dough types like a pizza, rolls, bagels, biscuits, etc. It is the # 1 choice among the best Zojirushi bread machines. Below, you can find detailed information and a comparison of the Zojirushi bread machine.
For this decision, you should consider your family size. If you are an individual or a young couple, then a tiny size BB-HAC10 or Maestro is sufficient. Note that Maestro comes with additional courses and technology. Maestro’s only downside is its small size.
Additionally, it does not have a view window at the top. If you are a big family, then I recommend going with the Virtuoso model as it has all the best elements and features that Zojirushi has ever come up with.
Nut and Fruit Dispenser
I believe this feature is a bit overrated. Finally, opening the lid and adding nuts shouldn’t be a big deal either. I know that having this feature doesn’t hurt, and it’s definitely helpful, but I still think it’s designed for lazy people!
If you really must have this, then choose the Maestro model. Other models do not have an automatic fruit and nut dispenser. However, they all have large viewing windows. And to me, that was even more important when I was watching the doughing process.
Delay Timer, Non-stick Pan, LCD panel
I have incorporated all of these features in part because all the Zojirushi series include these features. I love the LCD screen design that Zojirushi uses on its products; it’s easy, simple, and straightforward.
The final thing you want is a complicated control panel on the automatic bread maker. If we ever wanted things to be complex, we wouldn’t have bought a bread maker in the first place!
With so many options in the market, one can easily be misled and be spoilt with choices. All you have to do is withhold yourself from making hasty decisions and carefully write down your requirements and features that you want in your bread maker.
Consider the following points and ask yourself what you are looking for to get your ideal Zojirushi bread maker.
You don’t want to waste your money buying something which will cost you more than what you get.
If you are an initial buyer, it is better to take a cheap one with the basic settings to see if you are comfortable with its use and the bread it makes.
In this way, you don’t have to waste your money buying something expensive and then not using it again because you aren’t comfortable with its usage.
As I already mentioned that high degree of programmability means a higher price tag, so choose options wisely depending on how often you would use those features.
Keep in mind that a high-priced Zojirushi bread maker doesn’t always mean better bread, your bread quality also depends on the quality of the ingredients used.
Check out various online stores like Amazon and EBay to get the best deals as few of them offer a great discount (don’t forget our beloved Wal-Mart).
Another main concern would be the size and capacity of the Zojirushi bread maker. Typically in the market, we have Zojirushi bread makers with a capacity to bake bread from 1 lb to 3 lbs. 1-1.5 lbs loaf size would be ideal for couples and small families.
If you are someone who bakes bread very often and for a large number of people then choose a bread maker with bigger capacity. There are bread makers which give multiple size options, so depending on the occasion and number of people you can bake bread of different sizes.
Keep the size of your kitchen and space you can provide in mind while choosing the bread maker. Choose the one which fits in your kitchen, if you have cabinets think about the height clearance. If you are tight on space, then go for the compact ones.
Overall quality of the product is very important as it determines the quality of the Zojirushi bread baked. Look for bread makers with a good quality heating element and non-stick pan which are essential to make good loaves of bread for many years to come.
Some of the buyers have complained about an oil leak which is caused due to a defective pan, so make sure you check the quality of the entire product.
Any appliance which isn’t made of durable materials would not last long and you do not want to spend your money on something which isn’t going to last for a while.
Check the non-stick pan carefully, the surface coating of it, whether it will be able to withstand the regular usage without ruining the coating and posing any health risk in future or not.
Also, go for the ones which offer at least a year warranty and service options.
After a few uses your loaf may not be baked the same as your delicious first loaf. In order to have your Zojirushi bread maker make consistently good loaves of bread, invest in a high-quality bread maker that bakes loaves of good shape and size, with a perfect crust, light and fluffy crumb along with the right taste and flavor every time.
Also, a horizontal bread maker gives a better bread product consistently when compared to its vertical counterpart.
The display control should be very easy to read, making the user comfortable to operate and use different settings without any hassle.
Confused about how to use it? A user-friendly instruction manual is all you need
The instruction manual should be clear, concise and user-friendly in its description. It should give a clear idea of how to go about explaining time-cycles and its features, directions on how to clean and maintain, contact information of the repair service providers and a few basic bread recipes.
Zojirushi is one of the top brands because they always pay attention to every little detail, making your life easier when baking at home. You can feel the high craftsmanship, ease of use, technological expertise, and overall quality in every aspect of these charming kitchen appliances.
Zojirushi Virtuoso and Virtuoso Plus are the best choices, especially if you have a large family. It is the ultimate bread maker equipped with extensive features. Thanks to the unique heating technology, the bread has a gorgeous crust color. This also increases internal toughness and extreme brittleness.
If you are looking for a bread machine that can make 1 pound (454 g) of bread at a time, then I recommend the Maestro model. It is a compact model with immense features. To make your decision easier, you can think of the Virtuoso as a 4-wheel sports SUV, while the Maestro is a compact sports car.