Cinnamon raisin bread is a cinnamon-scented yeast bread studded with plump dried fruit. Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe is a cinnamon-scented yeast bread studded with plump dried fruit. was created for the bread machine, which is widely considered one of the greatest inventions of the twentieth century. It simplifies making fresh-baked bread by automating the mixing, kneading, rising, and baking in a single device.
How To Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread In Bread Machine
- In the bread machine pan, combine the following ingredients in the following order: water, butter, salt, brown sugar, bread flour, nonfat dry milk, and ground cinnamon.
- Use your finger, make a small well in the ingredients. Add the active dry yeast to the well, ensuring that the yeast reaction occurs at the proper time.
- In the bread machine, process the bread on the sweet, rapid, or timed cycle or according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If the device prompts for the loaf size, select 2 pounds.
- You can add the raisins when the fruit and nut signal appears (about 30-40 minutes into the cycle, depending on the machine). Please don’t add them at the beginning, as they will be pulverized.
- Continue to let the bread machine run through its cycle until the bread is baked.
- Before serving the bread, remove it from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice it and enjoy!
Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe - Tips
- It is critical to load the bread machine with ingredients in the following order: liquids, dry ingredients, and yeast. By adding the yeast last, you ensure entirely separate from the liquids until the kneading cycle begins. Bread machines vary in their capabilities, and some work best with ingredients in a different order; double-check the directions for your device just in case.
- Use bread flour for the best results. Additionally, this recipe can be made with all-purpose flour. Bread made with all-purpose flour does not rise quite as high and has a slightly softer texture. If all-purpose flour is substituted, the liquid may need to be reduced slightly.
- This recipe works with either instant or active dry ingredients. We prefer baking bread with instant yeast over active dry yeast because it is more reliable.
- Salt enhances the flavor and inhibits yeast growth. Use regular table salt rather than Kosher salt. (Increase the quantity by at least 1/4 teaspoon if using Kosher salt.)
- Not only does butter enhance the flavor of the loaf, but it also helps keep it moist and prevents it from drying out too quickly. We experimented with unsalted butter in this recipe. If using salted, slightly reduce the amount of salt.
- This recipe calls for soft, plump raisins. If you have dried raisins in the kitchen, soak and drain them before using them. If you are not a fan of raisins, you can omit them from the recipe or substitute dried cranberries.
- Ascertain that the cinnamon is fresh! This makes a significant difference.
- As the dough kneads, be sure to open the lid and check if any adjustments in flour or liquid are necessary. This is the most critical secret to successful bread machine baking.
Storing Leftover Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- If you intend to use the bread within three days, wrap it in foil, plastic wrap, or a plastic bag and store it at room temperature. Keep your bread loaf in an excellent, dry location.
- Bread can be frozen for extended storage. Place the cooled loaf in a freezer storage bag and label it with the date, contents, and a three-month “use by” date. Allow an hour for it to thaw at room temperature.
Why Should Use A Bread Machine For Cinnamon Raisin Bread?
- It’s simple. Combine the ingredients in a bread machine, press a button, and three hours later, you’ll have bread. Most models will even notify you when it’s time to add the raisins.
- It’s cinnamon-flavored. Two teaspoons of cinnamon powder are included in the dough. That is, each bite of bread contains cinnamon. It’s lovely–and not at all overwhelming.
- It has a mild sweetness. You will not be able to confuse this bread with a slice of plain toast. It’s just a tad bit sweet.
In the bread machine pan, combine the following ingredients in the following order: water, butter, salt, brown sugar, bread flour, nonfat dry milk, and ground cinnamon.
Use your finger, make a small well in the ingredients. Add the instant yeast to the well, ensuring that the yeast reaction occurs at the proper time.
In the bread machine, process the bread on the sweet, rapid, or timed cycle or according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If the device prompts for the loaf size, select 2 pounds.
You can add the raisins when the fruit and nut signal appears (about 30-40 minutes into the cycle, depending on the machine). Please don’t add them at the beginning, as they will be pulverized.
Continue to let the bread machine run through its cycle until the bread is baked.
Before serving the bread, remove it from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Slice it and enjoy!
Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe - FAQs
Coarsely chop the raisins or substitute currants (nature’s miniature raisins). Add them when your machine beeps to indicate that add-ins are required.
If you begin by adding raisins, the machine will pulverize them. Not only will the color of the bread change, but you will also miss out on the sweet flavor bursts from the raisins.
Utilize a rapid-read thermometer (here’s a budget-friendly but functional model). When the loaf is finished, the internal temperature (in the center of the loaf) should reach 190°F. If the crust becomes too dark, cover it with foil. The next time, lower the shelf a notch.
There is an infinite number of possible causes, but one of the most common is overeating flour. Using a measuring cup frequently results in an excessive amount being added. The next time, use a digital scale to weigh the flour. This is a simple scale that costs very little money.
Another common reason for dense bread is that it did not rise sufficiently. Bread that has been enriched (with a lot of butter, sugar, and eggs) tends to increase more slowly. If your kitchen is cold, the rise time will be slowed as well. Allow ample time in case you require it.
When it comes to shelf life, homemade bread without preservatives cannot compete with store-bought bread. Consume as much as possible during the first couple of days and freeze the remainder. Refrigerate the loaf in a plastic bag rather than in the refrigerator. If you make a lot of bread, we recommend these long-shaped plastic bread bags.
Best horizontal bread machine
Everyone loves bread; some like store-bought bread while some like...Read More
Best Zojirushi bread machine reviews
Zojirushi’s product is one of the best bread machines on...Read More
Best bread machine for Artisan bread
Artisan bread is defined as bread baked from dough prepared...Read More
Bread machine recipe for banana bread
This bread machine recipe for banana bread helps you to...Read More
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.