This bread machine recipe for banana bread helps you to create delicious banana bread easily! Also, since you are using a bread machine, you will be doing a ton less work than making the traditional method. Your family will love this easy banana bread recipe.
How To Make Banana Bread in Bread Machine
- Add the ingredients in order: eggs, butter, bananas into the bread pan and set aside.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour through salt). Attempt to arrange the ingredients in the order listed above, with the liquid ingredients going into the bread pan first and the dry ingredients going into the bread pan second.
- Combine thoroughly and add to the bread pan. Reintroduce the bread pan (along with all ingredients) to the bread machine, close the lid, and plug in the bread machine.
- Select the desired setting for the bread machine (Sweet Quick Bread, Light Color) and press the start button.
- When the bread machine is finished baking, unplug it and place the bread pan on a wooden cutting board. When removing the bread pan, wear oven mitts because it will be extremely hot!
It would help to let the banana bread remain in the warm bread pan on a wooden cutting board for 10 minutes after removing the bread pan from the bread machine (this completes the baking process). Put on oven mitts.
After ten minutes, remove the banana bread from the bread pan and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. When taking the bread out of the oven, wear oven mitts.
- Bear in mind that you should remove the bread pan from the bread machine before adding any ingredients. This helps prevent any material from spilling inside the bread machine. Always unplug the bread machine before removing the bread pan.
- If you wish to add chopped walnuts or mini chocolate chips to this basic banana bread recipe, do so after the first mixing cycle of the bread machine and before the second mixing cycle (final mixing).
- Remember to remove the mixing paddle if it becomes lodged in the bread. Utilize oven mitts to protect your hands from the hot mixing paddle.
- With a long wooden skewer, test the banana bread for doneness. Protect your hands from the hot bread pan by wearing oven mitts.
- Allow for complete cooling before slicing the banana bread. This process typically takes up to two hours. Otherwise, when cut, the banana bread will break (crumble).
- The secret to making excellent banana bread is ripe bananas! If you use hard, yellow, or even green bananas, they will contain an excess of starch and a deficiency of natural sugars. As bananas ripen, this starch is converted to sugar. Yellow bananas, on the other hand, taste sweeter due to their higher sugar content. A banana is ripe when it is soft and has small brown and black spots on its yellow exterior.
- Before adding the ripe bananas to the bread pan, mash them with a fork. Fully ripe bananas are soft and very easy to mash as most bread machine paddles/mixers will not properly mash large banana chunks (just stirs them around).
- Light brown sugar imparts a slightly richer and deeper flavor to this banana bread. However, avoid using DARK brown sugar (unless you adore dark brown sugar), as this will overpower the banana flavor.
- For the best results, use FRESH ingredients (i.e., baking soda and flour). For instance, if you use stale baking soda and baking powder, your banana bread will be dense and not rise properly. It is best to use baking soda and powder within six months of opening the container.
- Nonetheless, ALWAYS follow the manufacturer’s instructions for adding ingredients like nuts or chocolate chips once the bread machine is turned on.
Storing Leftover Banana Bread
- Banana bread made at home will only last 1 or 2 days on the counter (and it will spoil even faster in a hot & humid environment). Once baked and completely cooled, store the banana bread on the counter in a large resealable plastic bag or an airtight container. Additionally, you can wrap the bread in a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- It would be best if you froze the banana bread for long-term storage. Wrap it entirely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then seal it in a resealable plastic bag. Wrapped banana bread should keep for several months in the freezer.
- Some people prefer to slice the banana bread first (and then wrap each slice individually) before freezing it. This makes it easier to thaw out the desired number of slices than dealing with an entire frozen banana bread loaf.
Why Should Use A Bread Machine For Banana Bread?
Making banana bread is now easier than ever with the assist of a bread machine. The bread machine helps create tender, delectable banana bread by ensuring perfectly moist throughout the baking process.
Additionally, it’s an excellent way to use up ripe bananas without turning on the oven, ideal for homemade banana bread in the summertime.
Using the bread machine makes for an almost entirely hands-off process with very little mess: almost everything gets mixed right in the pan you bake it in. But it’s important to remember that all bread machines are different, so follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the model you own to ensure success.
Also, make sure the bread machine is ready to go before you start mixing; once the wet and dry ingredients are combined in the pan, it needs to be mixed and baked right away.
Many machines have a setting for quick bread; if not, you can use the machine’s rapid bread program or manual settings. At the end of the cycle, use a toothpick to check the doneness of your bread and bake it a little longer if it’s not done.
Bread machine recipe for banana bread
Add the ingredients in order: eggs, butter, bananas into the bread pan and set aside.
Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour through salt).
Combine thoroughly and add to the bread pan.
Utilize the quick bread setting (or equivalent).
Remove the pan from the machine after baking. After about 10 minutes, remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Bread machine recipe for banana bread - FAQs
Unless a recipe specifies otherwise, you can substitute all-purpose flour for the bread flour. While your bread will not have the same rise as bread flour due to more gluten, you can replace it, and the recipe will still work.
Banana bread is a quick bread recipe, meaning no yeast is used. Rather than yeast, baking powder and baking soda are used as leavening agents to achieve a faster rise than is necessary with yeasted bread.
Making Banana bread by bread machine generally requires less effort than banana bread baked in the oven. A bread machine will combine the ingredients and bake the banana bread for you in the same machine. By comparison, an oven-baked banana bread requires more effort and steps (i.e., you will need to mix the ingredients, pour into a bread pan and move to an oven).
Best Zojirushi bread machine reviews
Zojirushi’s product is one of the best bread machines on...Read More
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.