When it comes to making sweet potato rolls in the bread machine, there is nothing easier than following a straightforward recipe that is delicious and easy to prepare, shape, and bake. They’re incredibly delicious when served warm with honey and butter.
How To Make Sweet Potato Rolls recipe in the bread machine?
- In the order listed, add the ingredients to the bread machine pan.
- Choose the DOUGH cycle.
- Take the dough out of the bread machine and place it on a floured surface.
- Divide dough in half and then again in half to create four sections. Divide each of these sections into four pieces of dough, resulting in 16 small dough balls. Round into balls and arrange to the pan. Cover the rolls in a cloth and allow to rise for approximately 45 minutes in a warm, draft-free environment.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown, at 375 degrees F.
- While the tops are still hot, brush them with melted or softened butter.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. (If you leave them in the pan for an extended period, they will become soggy on the bottom.)
- Bake or microwave a medium-sized sweet potato and peel it. Then mash it and add the potato to the pan. As long as there are no competing flavors, leftover mashed sweet potatoes work perfectly.
- Make use of granulated sugar (not powdered sugar). Brown sugar could be used in place of white sugar.
- It is recommended to use either table salt or sea salt. 1/4 teaspoon more if using kosher salt.
- Use room-temperature butter rather than melted or icy-cold butter. Shortening and margarine are both acceptable substitutes, though we would not recommend either.
- Milk contributes to the tenderness of the crumb. The amount of fat in the milk determines how rich the roll will be. Whole milk is our first preference.
- Cinnamon is optional, but we strongly encourage you to give it a try. Your taste buds may not identify it by name, but they will detect something unique. It all fits together perfectly.
- You may use all-purpose flour instead if that is what you have on hand. However, bread flour will result in a higher rise.
- Bread machine or instant yeast: you can use active dry yeast instead of instant yeast, but it will slowly act. Allow the dough to rise longer or add 1/4 teaspoon additional yeast.
- Honey can be substituted with maple syrup. This will slightly alter the flavor.
- The honey butter glaze’s sticky sweetness makes these rolls completely irresistible. However, we recommend glazing only those eaten immediately after they are removed from the oven, as they will become even stickier after a few hours.
Storing Leftover Sweet Potato Rolls
- Storage is relatively simple if your sweet potato rolls are already cooked. Refrigerate cooked sweet potatoes in a shallow container or a storage zipper gallon bag for short-term storage. Cooked sweet potato rolls will keep for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- While freshly baked bread is always best, fully baked buns can be stored. Rolls can be reserved by freezing for up to two months if properly wrapped.
Why Should Use The bread machine for sweet potato rolls recipe?
- Making sweet potato rolls is incredibly simple to make. When we had a bread machine, we did this frequently. It’s ideal for multitasking and allowing you to be more hands-off with the dough preparation.
- By running the dough cycle will mix the dough and allow it to complete the first rise. After the first rise, you’ll remove the dough from the bread machine and shape the rolls.
- These tender, delectable sweet potato yeast rolls are kneaded in the bread machine, which simplifies the process of preparing, shaping, and baking.
Honey Butter Glaze
In the order listed, add the ingredients to the bread machine pan.
Choose the DOUGH cycle.
Take the dough out of the bread machine and place it on a floured surface.
Divide dough in half and then again in half to create four sections. Divide each of these sections into four pieces of dough, resulting in 24 small dough balls. Round into balls and arrange to the pan. Cover the rolls in a cloth and allow to rise.
Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown, at 375 degrees F.
While the tops are still hot, brush them with melted or softened butter.
Remove from the pan and set aside to cool. (If you leave them in the pan for an extended period, they will become soggy on the bottom.)
Sweet Potato Rolls Recipe for the Bread Machine - FAQs
You may also bake the rolls thoroughly and freeze the prepared sweet potato rolls. To begin, allow the rolls to cool completely. This is critical because you do not want any steam or condensation trapped inside the rolls when they are frozen. This may result in them being soggy when you defrost them later.
Remove the rolls from the baking pan and place them on a sheet of foil once they have cooled. Wrap the rolls tightly but not too tightly that they become smashed. Then store the wrapped rolls in a freezer-safe zip-top bag. They keep for about a month in the freezer.
To reheat them:
- Remove them from the freezer and packaging and let them thaw completely on the counter.
- Please place them in the oven on a baking sheet that has been loosely tented with foil to prevent them from drying out.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 300 degrees, or until nice and warm.
As tempting as it may be to eat hot rolls straight from the oven, it is best to allow them to rest for about 10 minutes before eating, or they may become gummy on the inside. After baking, brush the rolls with hot, melted butter and season with flake sea salt.
- With a fork, poke holes along each side of the sweet potato, at least four on each side.
- Microwave the potato for 8 minutes on high. Turn over and continue cooking in the microwave for an additional 8 minutes or until tender.
- Cut the potato in half and scoop out the soft potato flesh with a spoon into a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the sweet potato.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.