- Prepare time: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hours
- Ready in: 2 hours and 35 min
One of the favorite Mexican cuisines is braised beef. It’s healthy and delicious food. It combines the beef, lots of flavors. Especially if you enjoy it with potatoes, it’s the perfect taste. You don’t need to go abroad to taste it; you can make braised beef like restaurant quality at home. Just pay attention and follow the steps below.
How to Make Mexican Braised Beef with Potatoes
The ingredients to make Mexican braised beef is easy to find. You can buy them in the market near your house. But, you should spend, for about 2 hours 30 minutes to make this dish. Don’t worry; you won’t be let down about the taste. This dish made up for eight servings. You can make it proper to your taste, like adding the vegetables or eating with your favorite drink. Now, you can make braised beef like Mexican restaurant quality at your home. Here the unique recipe provides for you all.
- 2 pounds of skirt steak, sliced
- 4 cups of russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- One medium white onion, peeled and sliced
- One large green bell pepper
- Three tablespoons of red wine
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Two cloves of garlic, sliced
- Two serrano peppers, chopped
- Garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin sufficiently
- Prepare the large frying pan over medium heat, preheat three tablespoons of oil for about 2 minutes. In a large bowl, put the beef and add a teaspoon of pepper, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. Spread on all sides of beef. Then, sear the beef in hot oil for about 4 minutes.
- Prepare the blender, put the tomatoes, ½ of garlic, onion, cilantro, serrano pepper and 4 cups of chicken broth. Blend them until softened. Add the diced of onion, potatoes and bell peppers to the beef. Cook them for about 4 minutes. Then, add the sauce that blend before.
- Add the vinegar and tomato sauce. Cook until boiled. Reduce the heat and continue cooking until the sauce thickened and the beef tender. It’s spent for about 90 minutes. After that, remove from the large frying pan and place on dish plate immediately.
Your Mexican Braised Beef with Potatoes it’s ready to serve. You can eat with your family and your friends. Serve this braised beef when you hold the party. Believe it; your friends will love your food. It’s not difficult, isn’t it? Good luck!
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Jody's Bakery. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.